IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names

IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names (http://www.idnforums.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.idnforums.com/forums/general-discussion/)
-   -   Registrars that do refunds. (http://www.idnforums.com/forums/6716-registrars-that-do-refunds.html)

touchring 15th September 2006 05:13 PM

Registrars that do refunds.

Hi, i am looking for an IDN registrar that does refunds. My best choice will be Moniker, but Moniker does not support idns at this moment. Dynadot has been mentioned many times (dunno if it's just repeating what others had said), but has anyone really registered domains, and get refund back for at least 10 to 20 names?

idn 15th September 2006 05:25 PM

Re: Registrars that do refunds.

Quote:

Originally Posted by touchring
Hi, i am looking for an IDN registrar that does refunds. My best choice will be Moniker, but Moniker does not support idns at this moment. Dynadot has been mentioned many times (dunno if it's just repeating what others had said), but has anyone really registered domains, and get refund back for at least 10 to 20 names?

I don't think dynadot offers a refund, but a credit. There is quite a difference especially if you are trying to test idns prior to dropping them.

touchring 15th September 2006 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idn
I don't think dynadot offers a refund, but a credit. There is quite a difference especially if you are trying to test idns prior to dropping them.

Credit is good enough. A note though, dynadot costs 1$ more than DS.

gari 15th September 2006 07:29 PM

Hi All,

I use Dynadot for some of my registrations and i have never had a problem, if you cancel ( five days ) they give you credit in your account and use it for future registrations.

Regards

Please use my referral code (73r8b7i7H8Z6tP) if you do use them.

Gari

Drewbert 15th September 2006 07:32 PM

I do hope you people aren't considering becoming domain tasters? That's a life-form lower than "normal" cybersquatter, isn't it?

Olney 15th September 2006 07:37 PM

People have been doing it for months already.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drewbert
I do hope you people aren't considering becoming domain tasters? That's a life-form lower than "normal" cybersquatter, isn't it?

gari 15th September 2006 07:44 PM

Drewbert,
How could you even think along them lines, if you have read any of my old posts, you would see i mention ETHICS and i stand by them. I would never dream of doing anything like that, what we do on this great big internet is all based on TRUST. There are some people in this world, who for 1 dollar would f**k there own mother over, but please don't label everyone. Or jump to the wrong conclusion.

Regards

Gari

IDNCowboy 15th September 2006 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gari
Drewbert,
How could you even think along them lines, if you have read any of my old posts, you would see i mention ETHICS and i stand by them. I would never dream of doing anything like that, what we do on this great big internet is all based on TRUST. There are some people in this world, who for 1 dollar would f**k there own mother over, but please don't label everyone. Or jump to the wrong conclusion.

Regards

Gari

Alot of ppl on dnf are doing domain tasting. It's a reality :P

Drewbert 15th September 2006 07:50 PM

There was an implied smiley in my post, people.

gari 15th September 2006 07:57 PM

Just because ACSII domainers are doing it, are you going to jump into bed with them. These people will only spoil things for everyone else . It's a service that company's provide. For arguments sake, you bulk register 200 idn's and for some reason you notice you made a mistake in your idn registrations. Your idn's are worthless, you are out of pocket by 1600 dollar's. You lose because people where abusing the system. I have made mistakes, genuine one's and cancelled my registration's. It's good to know that you can cancel your domain name.

Regards

Gari

IDNCowboy 15th September 2006 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gari
Just because ACSII domainers are doing it, are you going to jump into bed with them. These people will only spoil things for everyone else . It's a service that company's provide. For arguments sake, you bulk register 200 idn's and for some reason you notice you made a mistake in your idn registrations. Your idn's are worthless, you are out of pocket by 1600 dollar's. You lose because people where abusing the system. I have made mistakes, genuine one's and cancelled my registration's. It's good to know that you can cancel your domain name.

Regards

Gari

and some people registered 4000 IDN names. Shouldn't they be in the same boat? It's a reality. It's a free market and people can choose their own path.

idn 15th September 2006 08:00 PM

Quote:

As long as you do not "taste"your "squats" I think you are fine.

Olney 15th September 2006 08:10 PM

Sorry Gari
but yeah people are already tasting IDNs...
Been doing it for a while.
I don't know if it's on the level of ASCII domains though.
Being able to delete your mistakes is a good option when dealing with a foreign language.

domainstosell 15th September 2006 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idn
As long as you do not "taste"your "squats" I think you are fine.

LOL! That's gross...

Drewbert 16th September 2006 07:35 AM

Gross was exactly the word I'd come up with too - so you saved me a post.

TrafficDomainer 18th September 2006 07:04 PM

Dotster does allow you to delete for full refunds. They credit the amount back to your credit card within a day or two without any problem. I have tried registering several Chinese names with some turning out not to be good translations of what I intended so I cancelled and got my money refunded. I don't think you can really test traffic that much in 4-5 days. Since it takes about the same amouth of time to get your domain propagated. Jut to site an example, I have a Thai domain name that didn't show any traffic for the first 5 days or so but has thereafter constantly been getting traffic about 3-5 a day.

I am hoping Domainsite would add this to their new feature (ie. deletion via API for the first 5 days with full refund). I have made this request to Owen, hopefully this will be done. Anyone heard from Owen when they will add the new features ( ie Domain Deletion via API, free whois privacy/spam guard and others)?

Drewbert 18th September 2006 10:55 PM

Domainsite already have a deletion feature.

Problem is, it's random.

bwhhisc 18th September 2006 11:37 PM

Quote:

Problem is, it's random.

Translation: Human Error

And on cancelling idns, I think most are referring to registering IDNs, then getting an appraisal afterward. This secures the domain and eliminates the chance of having your domain stolen.

Most here probably cancel a small percent for good reasons, does anyone know anyone registering and cancelling by the hundreds (except when it comes to the registrars grabbing all the daily drops)?

Traffic is so minor you couldn't get any reasonable measure in 5 days anyway.

TrafficDomainer 19th September 2006 12:51 AM

Quote:

Problem is, it's random.

So Domainsite allows you to delete within the first 5 days with refunds now? So it's still manual or is it via API now?

bwhhisc 19th September 2006 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrafficDomainer
So Domainsite allows you to delete within the first 5 days with refunds now? So it's still manual or is it via API now?

I think he is jokingly referring to the "accidental" cancellation of about 100 idns that recently happened at Domainsite to some of the members here. Domainsite's explanation was "human error" and they gave $100 compensations if you could not get your IDN name back or reregistered.

I wish Domainsite would incorporte a cancellation window, but I am not sure they have done this yet. If they have, bravo.