IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th September 2006, 04:26 PM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point
ND versus Adsense.

I just put live today an Adsense Mini-site for one of my traffic names, anxiously waiting for the stats.

Has anyone done a short-term comparison?

Jose, i always see you talk about Adsense, what have your findings been so far?

Note: From the first few hours stats i am getting, PPC doesn't seem to be much different from ND!?
Old 20th September 2006, 04:30 PM

Location: Global Headquarters of the Dot Net Skepticism Alliance
idn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished roadidn is on a distinguished road
Re: ND versus Adsense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchring
I just put live today an Adsense Mini-site for one of my traffic names, anxiously waiting for the stats.

Has anyone done a comparison?

But from the first few hours stats i am getting, PPC doesn't seem to be much different from ND!?
What language is the mini-site? French? Just curious. Look forward to hearing the results.
Old 20th September 2006, 04:31 PM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

The key is consistent indexing, which does not happend, no matter what you do, with parking pages.

And since there is almost no Japanese typein traffic, getting indexed is one of the few ways of getting people to your page.
Old 20th September 2006, 04:35 PM

Explorer is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Has anyone done a short-term comparison?

Note: From the first few hours stats i am getting, PPC doesn't seem to be much different from ND!?
Great looking mini-site by the way. Congrats! The French will be surprised. And thanks for sharing.

I am in the process of creating a mini-site, but it's going very slow.
Old 20th September 2006, 04:35 PM
Veteran

About indexing, it will test my patience, wonder how long it takes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastfromthepast
The key is consistent indexing, which does not happend, no matter what you do, with parking pages.

And since there is almost no Japanese typein traffic, getting indexed is one of the few ways of getting people to your page.

I know, but then, any domain can be indexed. Just go to Adsense template provider 1plus.net, and see the kinds of names people put up for indexing!?

But for names that one would develop, moving away from Parking makes backlinking "legal".

Last edited by touchring; 20th September 2006 at 04:48 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 20th September 2006, 06:18 PM

IDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to IDNCowboy

Quote:
About indexing, it will test my patience, wonder how long it takes?

I know, but then, any domain can be indexed. Just go to Adsense template provider 1plus.net, and see the kinds of names people put up for indexing!?

But for names that one would develop, moving away from Parking makes backlinking "legal".
Namedrive uses adsense for their service however they're licensed to have parking pages consisting just of ads.
Old 20th September 2006, 06:36 PM

dabsi is a tad dodgydabsi is a tad dodgydabsi is a tad dodgy

we did 90 sites, their traffic is top, but the click rate is poor (3-5%).

Parked domains are black listed by search machines, but we have reached a click rate of more than 40% for a lot of them.

So for good type-in domains take sedo nd etc.... for the others (with good OVT value) make a mini-site.

DABSI
Old 20th September 2006, 06:51 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabsi
we did 90 sites, their traffic is top, but the click rate is poor (3-5%).

Parked domains are black listed by search machines, but we have reached a click rate of more than 40% for a lot of them.

So for good type-in domains take sedo nd etc.... for the others (with good OVT value) make a mini-site.

DABSI

Yes, but this comparison is good only if views are the same - Adsense records each loading as 1 view, so a visitor can jump from page to page 5 times, and then click once, and this records as CTR 20%. Or he can jump back and forth, and one visitor can produce many clicks.

Another advantage of having a minisite is to do away with the "cybersquatting" bad faith handle.

Last edited by touchring; 20th September 2006 at 07:02 PM..
Old 20th September 2006, 07:15 PM
Veteran

jose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nice

Quote:
Hehe. There are many, many things you can say about adsense...

Beside the info you can get everywhere about how to use Adsense, and from my experience, I can advise you to:

- Use the big format 336x280!!!
- Loose the border of the ads and use the same background and font colors
- Use the <!-- google_ad_section_start --> on your content to get a more target words
- Be sure your site passes the W3C validator

that's what I can remenber now...
Old 20th September 2006, 07:41 PM

dabsi is a tad dodgydabsi is a tad dodgydabsi is a tad dodgy

Touchring,

our mini-sites are 'monopaged' means when the visitors come, either he cliks or he leaves, but many of them come back.

DABSI
Old 20th September 2006, 11:43 PM
A.W.O.L

Olney has a little shameless behaviour in the past

You can do way more cool SEO stuff with minisites, making your domain more valuable.
Also you can preOpt pages for Sale later PreOpt=PreOptimize (I just made it up)
But with the sandbox wouldn't it be better for a client to get a domain already out of google's sandbox for the main keyword?

Thinking of a domain's benefit's past parking revenue makes your premium buying strategy better in any language you choose.

I'd like to develop more but before that I still want to study Sedo's system for members.
Many want a clear cut guide for parking.
Old 21st September 2006, 02:27 AM

Fka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enough

any easy way of settin up a mini-site? i have some adult related idns which get some traffic, but it would be nice to have some sort of really simple way to put up a couple rotating pics/month, maybe some vidz, etc. ND really sucked this month.
Old 21st September 2006, 02:35 AM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fka200
any easy way of settin up a mini-site? i have some adult related idns which get some traffic, but it would be nice to have some sort of really simple way to put up a couple rotating pics/month, maybe some vidz, etc. ND really sucked this month.
There is a simple way: you provide the specs, I produce a minisite.

Sample work:

Business:
京都観光.com
事業資金融資.com

Adult:
AV女優.jp
Old 21st September 2006, 02:38 AM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I just put live today an Adsense Mini-site for one of my traffic names, anxiously waiting for the stats. Has anyone done a short-term comparison? Jose, i always see you talk about Adsense, what have your findings been so far? Note: From the first few hours stats i am getting, PPC doesn't seem to be much different from ND!?
Nice sites Blast...
Touchring- can you give us a link to see your minisites?
Old 21st September 2006, 02:49 AM

Fka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enough

blast, my idns are arabic. can u do those? + how much do u charge?
Old 21st September 2006, 05:02 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhhisc
Nice sites Blast...
Touchring- can you give us a link to see your minisites?

Site isn't ready. PM sent.

I'm still experimenting, there are several issues at hand:

1. Adsense compliance.
2. Whether the site will be indexed and accepted by Google - most important factor.
3. What kind of domains should use mini-sites given limited resources.
4. Time required to duplicate the site for other domains.
5. Time required to vary the design for various domains.
6. Amount of efforts needed to upgrade the site.

Last edited by touchring; 21st September 2006 at 06:04 AM..
Old 21st September 2006, 05:20 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fka200
blast, my idns are arabic. can u do those? + how much do u charge?
PM sent.