IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > Regional Specific Discussion > 日本語ドメイン

日本語ドメイン Discussion for Japan IDN Domain names. Japanese IDNs are available in .com .net & .jp

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31st January 2006, 01:04 PM

donwebcorleone is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up I found great IDNs "offline": stupid, simple but effective

i guess this post is more relevant or useful only for people living in Japan, but someone can try the same abroad, the funny story is that today i followed the old idea that sometimes people have gold in front of their eyes without noticing it, so i decided to take a tour in Tokyo with my wireless internet laptop to check what "items" "ads" "pamphlets for X service" the people were paying more attention in the most important areas of the city, and immediately check if the IDN for that "item" was available, and i can tell you that simple and stupid as it sounds, the results were great.

1. 3 great IDN ideas came to me staying in the front of the Starbucks in Hachicko-Shibuya, i just stayed there paying attention for 2 hours which "items" they stopped to check the most from the windows of the travel,food, music, etc stores around!! 3 gems found that way! (Hachiko is the Japanese number one area for young people)

2. After this, i said myself, what about the subway in Yamamote sen? specially since most people commune in Tokyo, what kind of publicity people are paying most attention or tried to read the most? half an hour there and i came out with 2 gems more for me! (Yamamote is the most important subway line in Tokyo, it goes around all Tokyo downtown)

3. i went near Shijuku train station in front of the Gap and i just watched the temporal sales booths to check for what kind of information the people stopped and even took time (show interest) to pick up their pamphlets or in which booths they asked the most to the staff, and voila! another 2 gems (Shinjuku is the Tokyo most active train station)

4. and later, i just took a walk in that same area (Shinjuku) and i entered the stores, supermarkets, etc, and see what japanese were buying the most, which areas where most crowded, etc. and final 2 gems for me.

Most "items" i registered today were obviously registered in alphabet as .com but not as japanese IDNs. Good for me, ne?
Old 31st January 2006, 01:28 PM
A.W.O.L

Olney has a little shameless behaviour in the past
It's good to be creative & exploring the real world is key.
Old 31st January 2006, 01:48 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
Research and analysis is the key to success and it looks as though you have been doing some real spade work. Focus, however, on high budget items that are easily traded online.

Best Regards
Dave
Old 31st January 2006, 03:04 PM

believe me im trying to learn as fast as possible to grab great IDNs and to make money with them as quickly as i can as i m already trying to do with my IDNs that i have started to buy. but well in my case as many members here we have several ideas for the japanese IDNs we are buying, to get revenue via Adsense or affilitates programs, to park them to wait for a potential buyer, to develop a website, etc. But my big interest now is to get great IDN on primary or seconday market to offer them to stores or people who are in the field of that "item" and that i know they have terrible domain names in .com

As an example, i called today this guy who owns a medium size bookstore to sell him one of my IDN in 100 man yen (like $8500 dollars) and well we are gonna meet on saturday. he owns a .com but the name is in alphabet and is very crappy, so i offer him my IDN because it is more interesting and more appealing to the eye (some kanjis are chosen not because of the meaning but because they are easy to read or its drawing pattern means something abstractal or implies a positive feeling, well hard to explain some aspects of japanese language but i think u know what i mean from your chinese knowledge). The same i did with another store that sells CDs, i called to offer an IDN which i admit i picked it up on purpose to sell to any store in this area of Tokyo that is famous for underground music and sale of CDs, and well again these guys showed interested, because the kanjis i chose were a combination of music and underground in japanese that is easy to read and sounds quite cool for young people.

I think this is an advantage i can use as the other members who live in Tokyo; I know stores, small agencies, etc that dont have a great domain name and since IDNs is like start from zero, there are many good names in kanji or katakana that i can choose to sell them by direct marketing. Right now i think i can get more money on some of semi-good IDNs that way than waiting for traffic. In top domains im sure the traffic will be better than selling them or well we all hope so with our top IDNs.

Last edited by donwebcorleone; 31st January 2006 at 03:09 PM..
Old 31st January 2006, 03:30 PM

idnnow is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by donwebcorleone
As an example, i called today this guy who owns a medium size bookstore to sell him one of my IDN in 100 man yen... .
I thought you were a university student somewhere?

Last edited by idnnow; 31st January 2006 at 03:34 PM..
Old 31st January 2006, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by idnnow
I thought you were a university student somewhere?
yeah thats my second advantage, that i receive attention from people because of the fame and prestige of my University. The university of tokyo is the best one in Japan and in Asia, 12 in the world!!! Go Todai!!! ; )

and if u mean how i got time, well we are in winter break until April!
Old 31st January 2006, 07:46 PM

idnnow is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by donwebcorleone
.... The university of tokyo is the best one in Japan and in Asia, 12 in the world!!! Go Todai!!! ; )

and if u mean how i got time, well we are in winter break until April!
And your summer break will start in May till September. Wonderful! No wonder why students think Todai is the best in Japan.
Old 1st February 2006, 04:27 PM

rhys is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm not saying I did any research but...

I was surprised this morning to find that おまんこ画像.com ovt 97K was still available. Since I own it in .jp I decided I'll make a set. There are still a few other
おまんこ related domains available for folks who collect adult traffic domains and act quickly!