IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > Internationalized Domain Names > Internationalized Domain Name News

Internationalized Domain Name News Recent IDN related News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st February 2006, 12:42 AM

sarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhhisc
We got it going, now just need some "live" sites not parking pages. We put the name in the Search Bar: извращенец.com, and then the punycode appears in the URL and points to site (or so far just to parking sites).

I think its working...can someone give us some live IDN sites to test. Nothing boring...if you know what I mean. LOL We're testing here!

Well you can test one of mine... You should know what that one is. Let me know. :p
Old 1st February 2006, 12:47 AM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough
Oh, yea...how does one forget, off to the garden!

"Your" site is a parking page...or I am doing something wrong.

Last edited by bwhhisc; 1st February 2006 at 12:50 AM..
Old 1st February 2006, 12:50 AM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
Come on, just give us the local characters. Even in my state, I should be able to guess the extension!
Old 1st February 2006, 12:57 AM

sarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwrixon
Come on, just give us the local characters. Even in my state, I should be able to guess the extension!
www.Küken.com Your safe on the first page, but if you have an adversion to adult humor don't click on the chicken.
Old 1st February 2006, 12:58 AM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough
www.ogurchik.com
Thats cucumber....but don't go there if you are timid.
Old 1st February 2006, 01:00 AM

Talking

www.Küken.com Your safe on the first page, but if you have an adversion to adult humor don't click on the chicken. (QUOTE)

Ok Sarcle- which came first the chicken or the cucumber?
Old 1st February 2006, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Ok Sarcle- which came first the chicken or the cucumber?
The cucumber obviously. :p
Old 1st February 2006, 01:22 AM

Legal mumbo jumbo

Sarcle- am I right about what we have here in a nutshell..... you "sold" the IDN огурчик.com, which is currently displayed as the translation on the site www.ogurchik.com. However, the Russian IDN and the ascii site (displaying the IDN) are owned by 2 seperate people.

So...this poses the question, does www.ogurchik.com who is currently displaying the Russian translation огурчик.com- need to yield this name, or I guess try and re-purchase it from your buyer? Interesting situation.

Thoughts please......
Old 1st February 2006, 01:29 AM

idnnow is an unknown quantity at this point
You can try http://北京.cn
A Chinese Government's site
Old 1st February 2006, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Sarcle- am I right about what we have here in a nutshell..... you "sold" the IDN огурчик.com, which is currently displayed as the translation on the site www.ogurchik.com. However, the Russian IDN and the ascii site (displaying the IDN) are owned by 2 seperate people.

So...this poses the question, does www.ogurchik.com who is currently displaying the Russian translation огурчик.com- need to yield this name, or I guess try and re-purchase it from your buyer? Interesting situation.

Thoughts please......
It's a generic word. Meaning cucumber. It's also sexual slang . He, the latin domain owner does not hold rights to this name just because he has the transliteration.
Old 1st February 2006, 02:07 AM

I agree 100% with you. Now if the new owner of огурчик.com decides to put up their own website, they may object to www.ogurchik.com displaying the "IDN name" огурчик.com atop theirs.

Or, do IDNers just own the punycode?? Not the word?
Old 1st February 2006, 02:21 AM

IDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to IDNCowboy
Just like the ascii they own the word

but in IDN the punycode outputs the actual lettering that you own as the .com or whatever you register....
Old 1st February 2006, 02:21 AM

Clotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillpupp
Bizzare...some setting must be off or wrong on mine....I can't even enter an IDN via "xn--"...xn--izg.com gives me the same rapid clicking result..
I had the same problem. I got rid of all the add-ons that were running in the background and that fixed it. I suspect it was the old I-Nav plug in that was messing it up. Try removing the I-Nav plug in (if you have it) and see if that fixes it.
Old 1st February 2006, 02:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff
Just like the ascii they own the word

but in IDN the punycode outputs the actual lettering that you own as the .com or whatever you register....
Then as in our "cucumber" example a lot of interntional website owners are in for a "New Years" surprise. Fair to say??
Old 4th February 2006, 11:31 AM
Veteran

Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
I agree 100% with you. Now if the new owner of огурчик.com decides to put up their own website, they may object to www.ogurchik.com displaying the "IDN name" огурчик.com atop theirs.

Or, do IDNers just own the punycode?? Not the word?

Why would you object if they are advertising your URL? Anyone who was going to be offended wouldn't see it in the first place.

Dave
Old 4th February 2006, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwrixon
Why would you object if they are advertising your URL?
Dave
This is certainly true...another example of the glass being half full or half empty! I had not thought about it from this perspective. I suggest a link as well!!
Old 4th February 2006, 12:18 PM
Veteran

Quote:
This is certainly true...another example of the glass being half full or half empty! I had not thought about it from this perspective. I suggest a link as well!!
What is going on here is that it is being pointed at the existing site that is advertising itself with that URL. This way people will adopt the IDN and the 90% of the traffic will go to the IDN owner, who is of course free to switch to another location at any time! The original site could get sucked dry if they don't acquire the domain and probably don't have a legal leg to stand on!

Dave