View Single Post
Old 27th April 2007, 04:11 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enough
Re: sex.biz(chinese idn)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonm
This is a serious security bug in IDN parsing code, which could facilitate identity theft. I suggest moving this to the member's section or removing the thread so the search engines don't get it.

I have already reported a critical security bug concerning this to mozilla.org and it is being investigated.

I won't bother reporting to microsoft since I don't have a microsoft machine with which to confirm this, and Rhys can do it easier than I can. Rhys, if you're reading... report a bug to the IE team.

Not sure I agree with your interpretation, but it is clearly a serious problem.

I have already contacted Mozilla and DNJournal over the issue.

My interpretation was that it was a mistake in the way that Neustar have implemented dot Biz, but I am not a technical person, so there is plenty of scope for error on that one.