View Single Post
Old 27th April 2007, 05:11 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
Re: sex.biz(chinese idn)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonm
This is a serious security bug in IDN parsing code, which could facilitate identity theft. I suggest moving this to the member's section or removing the thread so the search engines don't get it.

I have already reported a critical security bug concerning this to mozilla.org and it is being investigated.

I won't bother reporting to microsoft since I don't have a microsoft machine with which to confirm this, and Rhys can do it easier than I can. Rhys, if you're reading... report a bug to the IE team.

Not sure I agree with your interpretation, but it is clearly a serious problem.

I have already contacted Mozilla and DNJournal over the issue.

My interpretation was that it was a mistake in the way that Neustar have implemented dot Biz, but I am not a technical person, so there is plenty of scope for error on that one.