IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th October 2006, 05:33 PM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough
IE7 16 languages

These are the first 7 languages that IE7 will be releasing in, and 16 download sites to pull from. If you are not already running IE7, time to get onboard.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/...e/default.mspx

Last edited by bwhhisc; 7th October 2006 at 05:48 PM..
Old 7th October 2006, 05:41 PM
A.W.O.L

Olney has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Re: IE7 16 languages

I would expect they'd release the English version for a few weeks or a month to see if there any hiccups.
But since I'm not an avid Windows user don't quote me.
Old 7th October 2006, 06:21 PM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough

I would also hope Japanese, Russian and Chinese languages, would join the list soon.
Also Thai as well.
Old 7th October 2006, 08:44 PM

Fka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enough

posted a dl link in the members board for the whole OS
Old 7th October 2006, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fka200
posted a dl link in the members board for the whole OS
Good post, thanks
Old 7th October 2006, 09:59 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olney
I would expect they'd release the English version for a few weeks or a month to see if there any hiccups.
But since I'm not an avid Windows user don't quote me.
Since the distinction between the different language versions is just template translation and these for the most part will have already been thoroughly tested this would seem unlikely. Markits has commented that language options can be selected after download, which suggests there is just one version of RC2 common to all. Besides the whole point of Beta testing is to ensure that the product works. If the product goes RTM, then they are saying it works. If they are phasing it in as you suggest then they are saying it doesn't work. I though programmers dealt in logic. So which is it? Is it good to go or not? To me it would seem that there is no other rational explanation for delaying languages such as Chinese and Japanese other than perhaps racism.
Old 8th October 2006, 12:02 AM

rhys is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck
Since the distinction between the different language versions is just template translation and these for the most part will have already been thoroughly tested this would seem unlikely. Markits has commented that language options can be selected after download, which suggests there is just one version of RC2 common to all. Besides the whole point of Beta testing is to ensure that the product works. If the product goes RTM, then they are saying it works. If they are phasing it in as you suggest then they are saying it doesn't work. I though programmers dealt in logic. So which is it? Is it good to go or not? To me it would seem that there is no other rational explanation for delaying languages such as Chinese and Japanese other than perhaps racism.
I think that major language releases will be near simultaneous separated by a couple of weeks maybe. Remember there is a difference between choosing language options and having a native language UI. Almost all Japanese will be running Japanese IE 7.0 not English so there is not a common IE for all.