IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th October 2006, 01:13 AM
A.W.O.L

Olney has a little shameless behaviour in the past
What IDN services or resources are needed for next year?

I think we should have a discussion on what end user services are needed for next year.
Some countries don't have major developed domaining markets.

So I'd like to know what you guys think is needed.

Of course you don't have to include anything that you actually want to develop.

I think that we need end user platforms in various markets.

I think we need a IDN enabled portfolio software, something that lets one list their domains easily on their own site.

I think we need an IDN friendly escrow system. (I might develop IDNEscrow.com after doing a bit more research)

& this is not things we need via the forums. What does the market need?

Translation services, PR services, link solutions?
This will stay in the general area because I want to talk about things others can create.
Old 8th October 2006, 02:33 AM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough
Re: What IDN services or resources are needed for next year?

What we need is an AfterNic for IDNs operating in various languages.

I've had a serious conversations with various people at Afternic over the course of the summer, but they are not forthcomming in implementing the changes that I require.
Old 8th October 2006, 03:21 AM
A.W.O.L

Olney has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I second that it's probably the most important thing we need in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastfromthepast

I've had a serious conversations with various people at Afternic over the course of the summer, but they are not forthcomming in implementing the changes that I require.
Old 8th October 2006, 07:43 AM

Wot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastfromthepast

Anybody spoken to ND? I know they don't do it atm but their system seems to be set up that some tweaking would allow the service to be offered/

After all they are one of the few real supporters of IDN currently.
Old 8th October 2006, 08:26 AM

domainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wot
Anybody spoken to ND? I know they don't do it atm but their system seems to be set up that some tweaking would allow the service to be offered/

After all they are one of the few real supporters of IDN currently.
They are a parking company, not a sales platform. "tweaking" wouldn't get the job done.
Old 8th October 2006, 08:50 AM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

I have had sales from ND since switching my ASCII. Actually, system seems to work better than SEDO in terms of the quality of enquiries received.
Old 8th October 2006, 09:06 AM

domainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck
I have had sales from ND since switching my ASCII. Actually, system seems to work better than SEDO in terms of the quality of enquiries received.
Well obviously all parking companies have a facility to email offers onto the domain owners. But setting up a aftermarket platform like Sedo or Afternic is a completely different kettle of fish.
Old 8th October 2006, 09:52 AM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Some good ideas here, but the fleet is already sailing.

IDNbond.com are already providing Escrow and for an increasing comprehensive translation service you can go to http://www.gotidn.com/services.php

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olney
I think we should have a discussion on what end user services are needed for next year.
Some countries don't have major developed domaining markets.

So I'd like to know what you guys think is needed.

Of course you don't have to include anything that you actually want to develop.

I think that we need end user platforms in various markets.

I think we need a IDN enabled portfolio software, something that lets one list their domains easily on their own site.

I think we need an IDN friendly escrow system. (I might develop IDNEscrow.com after doing a bit more research)

& this is not things we need via the forums. What does the market need?

Translation services, PR services, link solutions?
This will stay in the general area because I want to talk about things others can create.

Last edited by Rubber Duck; 8th October 2006 at 10:07 AM..
Old 8th October 2006, 10:24 AM

Giant is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck
Some good ideas here, but the fleet is already sailing.

IDNbond.com are already providing Escrow and for an increasing comprehensive translation service you can go to http://www.gotidn.com/services.php
I just used IDNbond's escrow service yesterday. Prompt and excellent service! The transaction took less than 12 hours.

Dot Com is King. IDN.com will soon be king.
@
Old 8th October 2006, 10:43 AM
Administrator

bramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to bramiozo Send a message via Skype™ to bramiozo

Over at namepros.com someone has gone to considerably lengths to create a solid online portfolio package, it's a free tool and it looks very decent ;http://www.secondversion.com/domain-port/download.html

Of course this requires you to have hosting available, it would be nice if I could add this package to idntools.net, so that all registered users only have to link to there personal portfolio page. I'll ask to see what the man (Eric - secondversion) thinks.

Last edited by bramiozo; 8th October 2006 at 11:36 AM..
Old 8th October 2006, 11:07 AM
мембер

glow is on a distinguished roadglow is on a distinguished roadglow is on a distinguished roadglow is on a distinguished roadglow is on a distinguished roadglow is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramiozo
Over at namepros.com someone has gone to considerably lengths to create a solid online portfolio package, it's a free tool and it looks very decent ;http://www.secondversion.com/domain-port/download.html

Of course this requires you to have your one hosting available, it would be nice if I could add this package to idntools.net, so that all registered users only have to link to there personal portfolio page. I'll ask to see what the man (Eric - secondversion) thinks.

Is there any demo?
Old 8th October 2006, 11:13 AM
Administrator

bramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to bramiozo Send a message via Skype™ to bramiozo

Quote:
Originally Posted by glownames
Is there any demo?
You would have to download the code, set-up your db and run it on the internet or through an apache server with php/mysql.
Old 8th October 2006, 11:35 AM
мембер

glow is on a distinguished roadglow is on a distinguished roadglow is on a distinguished roadglow is on a distinguished roadglow is on a distinguished roadglow is on a distinguished road

thank you Bramiozo,
just want to preview
Old 8th October 2006, 04:15 PM

mulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant
I just used IDNbond's escrow service yesterday. Prompt and excellent service! The transaction took less than 12 hours.
Thanks Giant! A pleasure to be able to facilitate the transaction.

Last edited by mulligan; 8th October 2006 at 04:29 PM..