IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th October 2006, 10:10 AM

dabsi is a tad dodgydabsi is a tad dodgydabsi is a tad dodgy
Why selling

your domains or even portfolios these days, just before imminent IE7 release?

This selling wave is strange to me.

DABSI
Old 15th October 2006, 10:33 AM

Fka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enough
Re: Why selling

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabsi

DABSI
maybe some people are having buyers remorse.

i for one am pretty confident about my portfolio, even though i started 2 months ago.
Old 15th October 2006, 10:42 AM

Welcome,

some golden IDNs are still free

Good Luck

DABSI
Old 15th October 2006, 10:48 AM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

Because its fun.
Old 15th October 2006, 10:50 AM

rawkinrich is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to rawkinrich

Quote:

DABSI
Because funds are urgently required for web projects, tho people aren't buying.

Richard
Old 15th October 2006, 11:05 AM

domainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura about

because people have to pay for renewals?
Old 15th October 2006, 11:11 AM

May be
Old 15th October 2006, 11:12 AM

The future value of the domains will be slightly more than the cost of renewals
Old 15th October 2006, 12:04 PM

Wot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enough

The wave of names for sale is not matched by buyers.
Old 15th October 2006, 12:08 PM

Maybe, but the value of the majority of the IDNs offered now will still be worth more, whether they meet the buyers requirements or not.
Old 15th October 2006, 12:35 PM

domainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawkinrich
That may or may not be true, depending on what the names are...

What is indisputable is that domains cost money to renew, and many people here have portfolios containing hundreds or even thousands of IDNs. That's a substantial amount of cash to find over the next few months, especially considering IDNs, on average, currently generate very little parking income.
Old 15th October 2006, 12:57 PM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough

Some people have registered thousands of names...and intentionally have registered enought to be able to sell on the "way up".

Also, there are still plenty of good opportuntites to find .coms and .nets.

Crunch time for reg fees is coming for many...first quarter of next year should kick off that for many, so thats when I think you will a lot more sales than you do now.
Old 15th October 2006, 02:26 PM

I agree with both of you, I apologise I was basing my posts on the size of my Portfolio which is around 45 names.

Richard
Old 15th October 2006, 02:34 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhhisc
Some people have registered thousands of names...and intentionally have registered enought to be able to sell on the "way up".

Also, there are still plenty of good opportuntites to find .coms and .nets.

Crunch time for reg fees is coming for many...first quarter of next year should kick off that for many, so thats when I think you will a lot more sales than you do now.
Most people who know what they are doing have more less got the first quarter of next year covered already. If you are waiting for a melt down, it is more likely to come next summer. On the other hand, perhaps it won't come at all!

Quote:
I agree with both of you, I apologise I was basing my posts on the size of my Portfolio which is around 45 names.

Richard
You only have 45 names and you constantly feature in the sales threads? What kind of Micky Mouse operation is that?

Last edited by Rubber Duck; 15th October 2006 at 02:35 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 15th October 2006, 02:42 PM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck
Most people who know what they are doing have more less got the first quarter of next year covered already. If you are waiting for a melt down, it is more likely to come next summer. On the other hand, perhaps it won't come at all!
Agreed! I got first quarter covered with the Domainsite $6.49 special .

But first quarter should be the start of selling to cover second and third quarter.
Most will probably just sell the minimum...and keep as many as they can for the run up.

Quote:
Your current sales price for your portfolio does not reflect this.

Last edited by bwhhisc; 15th October 2006 at 02:46 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 15th October 2006, 02:50 PM

Quote:
You only have 45 names
Not everyone has a huge budget to buy 100's or 1000's of names.

Quote:
and you constantly feature in the sales threads? What kind of Micky Mouse operation is that?
If I didn't constantly feature them in the first place I wouldn't have sold 3 names totalling $X,XXX.

Don't mock my sales methods, I'm looking to sell and by posting them on a regular basis may increase my chance of a sale.

Thankyou~
Old 15th October 2006, 02:52 PM
Veteran

Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Welcome,

some golden IDNs are still free

Good Luck

DABSI
I am sure there are still one or two stone left unturned, but it is going to be very hard for most Newbees to spot them. I think those gems that are left will only be registered by native speakers.

For the most part English speaking Newbees are registering very low grade domains rather than investing a few dollars in the after market. In most cases that will prove to be a very costly error.
Old 15th October 2006, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhhisc
Your current sales price for your portfolio does not reflect this.
I believe that with my current sales price, an investor can take the package and either sell the domains seperately or as a group for a higher price when the IDN is better established.

This is what I meant by this.
Old 15th October 2006, 03:01 PM
Veteran

I am not knocking your names or your sales, but your proceeds to date have far outstripped your investments. Lets face it, on your proceeds acheived, you could have renewed what you hold for many years ahead and still have a postive cashflow.

Many business people would regard this a being prudent. In this game it shows a lack of commitment.

Quote:
Not everyone has a huge budget to buy 100's or 1000's of names.

If I didn't constantly feature them in the first place I wouldn't have sold 3 names totalling $X,XXX.

Don't mock my sales methods, I'm looking to sell and by posting them on a regular basis may increase my chance of a sale.

Thankyou~
Old 15th October 2006, 03:10 PM

Quote:
but your proceeds to date have far outstripped your investments. Lets face it, on your proceeds acheived, you could have renewed what you hold for many years ahead and still have a postive cashflow.

Many business people would regard this a being prudent. In this game it shows a lack of commitment.
Agreed, but as previously mentioned I am in need of funds. I am not a Business person, and at this moment I would like to get out of the domaining world that I've been addicted to for so long () and invest the money in other projects.

Thats why, to answer Dabsi's original post, I would like to sell.

Richard