View Single Post
Old 25th May 2007, 12:51 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
Re: US minimum wage to get $2 boost

Minimum Wage for Adults is UK is £5.35 rising to $5.52 in October. That is $10.61 and $10.95. We of course have employers national insurance contributions to go on top of those amounts.

I doubt anyone works for that in the South East.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhhisc
A very low percentage of jobs in the US pay $5.15. You can't get labor for much less that $7.00 to $7.50 even for most basic jobs, our low end in this market is $9 and up. The only people I know that get $5.15 are busboys in restaurants (usually high school students) who also get tipped out by the servers.

Most businesses don't object to the minimum wage increase. Where it is heading is basically where the bottom of the pay scale anyway. I think those that object will be in farming and agriculture etc. who use laborers for long hours at a base of $ 5.15 for the first 40 hours and overtime at $7.72 thereafter. The other factor is that workers compensation insurance is a % of payroll, so that can also add up fast since that is probably 7% -12% additonal on total payroll on laborer catagorized jobs.