IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st October 2006, 12:43 AM

IDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to IDNCowboy
Safenames.net charging me a registration fee a month after I won it on snap and paid

Safenames.net sent me an email two months after I won that name on Snap(with them as the catchers). The invoice is for $30 which is weird as I already paid the $60+ for the domain. It seems that it is shady to ask me for additional payment a month later. Yes, the domain was a drop.
Old 21st October 2006, 02:20 AM

thegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to thegenius1
Re: Safenames.net charging me a registration fee a month after I won it on snap and paid

Have you called them up ?
Old 21st October 2006, 02:55 AM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough
Re: Safenames.net charging me a registration fee a month after I won it on snap and paid

I think part of Snaps deal for the $60 is a years reg fee. You might want to check their terms.
Not 100% sure on this, but worth checking with Snapnames to find out.
Old 21st October 2006, 04:47 AM

Fka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enough
Re: Safenames.net charging me a registration fee a month after I won it on snap and

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhhisc
I think part of Snaps deal for the $60 is a years reg fee. You might want to check their terms.
Not 100% sure on this, but worth checking with Snapnames to find out.
Snapnames does include the price w/ reg. for 1 year... I got a drop from them and that was what was stated in their terms... except i was with 1hostkorea

***I think you should email Snapnames
Old 21st October 2006, 01:41 PM
Administrator

thefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to thefabfive
Re: Safenames.net charging me a registration fee a month after I won it on snap and

Just got the same $30 invoice from Safenames.
Old 21st October 2006, 05:35 PM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefabfive
Just got the same $30 invoice from Safenames.
I would just spend the $7 or $8 and transfer the name out to Domainsite or other.
Old 21st October 2006, 07:09 PM
Administrator

thefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished road

That was my plan. But when I checked my account at Safenames, I couldn't find any way to unlock the name. There was a button to transfer names out of Safenames, but when I clicked on that I got a message saying there are no names available for transfer.

I've initiated the transfer at Domainsite and I'll see how that goes. Meanwhile I'll contact Safenames and/or Snapnames to straighten this whole thing out. Sheesh.

Trying to transfer the name doesn't work. The domain is seemingly locked but I can't find a way to unlock it.

I've sent emails to Safenames and Snapnames. Hopefully someone will respond.

Last edited by thefabfive; 21st October 2006 at 11:43 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 23rd October 2006, 07:07 PM
Administrator

I just got this reply from Snapnames regarding the $30 invoice from Safenames:

"Safenames had an error in their systems. The email and $30.00 charge was a mistake. This issue has been resolved and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. You may disregard the email from them stating that you owe any amount."
Old 23rd October 2006, 07:16 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefabfive
I just got this reply from Snapnames regarding the $30 invoice from Safenames:

"Safenames had an error in their systems. The email and $30.00 charge was a mistake. This issue has been resolved and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. You may disregard the email from them stating that you owe any amount."
That was predictable really.

In terms of transfers you are bound by ICANN rules preventing transfer with 6 weeks of creation. After that you should be good, provide they are unlocked.
Old 23rd October 2006, 07:32 PM
Administrator

Quote:
In terms of transfers you are bound by ICANN rules preventing transfer with 6 weeks of creation. After that you should be good, provide they are unlocked.
Ahh, if only it was that easy. Safenames has cleverly hidden, or perhaps completely erased, the ability to unlock names. Emails have so far gone unanswered.

Since they probably don't work weekends in this "top rated registrar" I'll give them a little more time.