IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | idntools | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd October 2006, 11:15 AM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enough
Alternative Ext - How far has this gone?

I must admit I haven't really paid much attention but it is probably a key metric for measuring the breadth and width of IDN registration.

I knew that there was a little action in .jp and .cn, not to mention .tv, but how far has this spread and what are the realistic market outlooks for IDN. ws, IDN.cc etc.?

I don't have an opinion on these, but I am interested in other peoples views.
Old 22nd October 2006, 01:25 PM
Premium User

alexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enough
Re: Alternative Ext - How far has this gone?

With regards to Greek IDNs and the .gr extension, from some research that I carried out a while back, it appears that many good IDN.gr domains were registered many years ago.

To date, I have seen no more than about 10 active sites using IDN.gr ( or .com ) for that matter. There may be many more that are up and running, but I guess that due to poor results in search engines, etc, I have yet to come across them.

Alex

Old 22nd October 2006, 02:13 PM

IDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to IDNCowboy

There is tons of actions in IDN .jp now. You can't even find a nice .jp nowadays that is free.
Old 22nd October 2006, 02:17 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDNCowboy
There is tons of actions in IDN .jp now. You can't even find a nice .jp nowadays that is free.
Well the available information suggests that there nearly 3 times as many IDN.cn registered, so that must make that argument even more valid there.

Is it fair to say that in a ccTLD, 100K registrations is effectively game over? Or his the figure higher or lower than that?
Old 22nd October 2006, 02:17 PM

IDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to IDNCowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck
Well the available information suggests that there nearly 3 times as many IDN.cn registered, so that must make that argument even more valid there.

Is it fair to say that in a ccTLD, 100K registrations is effectively game over? Or his the figure higher or lower than that?
Just looking at google japan shows that the Japanese regularly use .com .jp .co.jp and this will surely carry on to IDNs.