IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd October 2006, 11:23 AM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
What the F*ch is going on?

I can get IDNFs but not Google or the BBC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck
Well that was weird. I was able to get and post on this site but had no access to anything else even with an alternate browser. Back now though!

Last edited by Rubber Duck; 23rd October 2006 at 11:34 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 23rd October 2006, 12:03 PM

g is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished road
Re: What the F*ch is going on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck

Well that was weird. I was able to get and post on this site but had no access to anything else even with an alternate browser. Back now though!
have you tried to type a phishing IDN version of google or bbc in your browsers before??
Old 23rd October 2006, 12:08 PM
Veteran

Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by g
have you tried to type a phishing IDN version of google or bbc in your browsers before??
No, it was totally weird. The only site I could get was this one, and I know I had a good connection here because I could post. I can only think it was something really dodgy going on at my ISP BT. I tried Opera, same problem, although there I could even get this site. I obviously lost my interenet connection, but for some weird reason was still able to visit the last site I was on and even post. Bizarre!
Old 23rd October 2006, 12:21 PM
ком.ком コム.コム

555 has disabled reputation

Happaned to me also 2times..only skype was working..none of the sites were.

i think it is something with the isp?
Old 23rd October 2006, 05:41 PM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

Probably a DNS failure at your ISP.

Beacuse you had already been to IDNF, the IP# for it was cached on your local machine, but any fresh DNS lookup's were failing.

THis is often accompanied by pages taking ages to finish loading, due to images/banners from other locations not loading, and the DNS system time-out's are usually quite long.
Old 23rd October 2006, 06:01 PM
Veteran

BT seem to fail in every other department and the symptoms match. Perhaps my browser keep locking up is down to those bastards as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbert
Probably a DNS failure at your ISP.

Beacuse you had already been to IDNF, the IP# for it was cached on your local machine, but any fresh DNS lookup's were failing.

THis is often accompanied by pages taking ages to finish loading, due to images/banners from other locations not loading, and the DNS system time-out's are usually quite long.