IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th November 2006, 09:30 AM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point
.Moby? :p

.Moby? Once upon a time... :p

http://money.cnn.com/popups/2006/for...x.html?cnn=yes

Sony VAIO UX90P

The design goal: a full-featured mobile PC small enough to fit in a pocket. Weighing just over a pound, this PC has a 4.5-inch touchscreen that slides up to reveal a keyboard. A U.S. version is expected soon, starting at $2,000.
Old 14th November 2006, 09:44 AM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
Re: .Moby? :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchring
.Moby? Once upon a time... :p

http://money.cnn.com/popups/2006/for...x.html?cnn=yes

Sony VAIO UX90P

The design goal: a full-featured mobile PC small enough to fit in a pocket. Weighing just over a pound, this PC has a 4.5-inch touchscreen that slides up to reveal a keyboard. A U.S. version is expected soon, starting at $2,000.
This is typical of how large companies get things wrong. This is too small to be a PC and too big to be a phone. It is also too expensive to work as a gimmick.

The only question I am asking is who would be daft enough to want to buy one of those?

Of course when it comes to creating an edifice without function is going to be hard to compete with Dot Mobi.

This is what domainers in generally just don't get about IDN. Instead of tying in with their own naive ideas about what looks cute, they are being expected to invest in something that has real functionality and will make life easier for millions. How is something like that ever going to compete in their estimation with the glitzy functionless crap that normally grabs their eye?
Old 14th November 2006, 09:51 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck
This is typical of how large companies get things wrong. This is too small to be a PC and too big to be a phone. It is also too expensive to work as a gimmick.

The only question I am asking is who would be daft enough to want to buy one of those?

Is a blueberry smaller than that?
Old 14th November 2006, 10:17 AM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

This is a good thing.

I still have my Apple Newton MessagePad 2000, which was a full featured, palm sized computer, that was one of the first OS that supported Unicode.

http://www.msu.edu/~luckie/gallery/images/2kopen.jpg

If these days a Mac came in the same format, I'd go out and get one.

"The Apple Newton, or simply Newton, is an early line of personal digital assistants developed, manufactured and marketed by Apple Computer from 1993 to 1998."

http://money.cnn.com/popups/2006/for...xtyears/3.html

This on the other hand, is perfect for the plane. Last I looked at one of these sets a few years ago, they were huge and cost a thousand.

Mikimoto Beans iTheatre

Attach a video iPod, game device, or multimedia cellphone, and two two-inch LCD displays embedded in these geeky but stylish goggles create the effect of a 50-inch TV hovering before your eyes. But watch where you're walking. About $275.

Last edited by blastfromthepast; 14th November 2006 at 10:26 AM..
Old 14th November 2006, 02:46 PM

thegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to thegenius1

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastfromthepast
This is a good thing.

This on the other hand, is perfect for the plane. Last I looked at one of these sets a few years ago, they were huge and cost a thousand.

Mikimoto Beans iTheatre

Attach a video iPod, game device, or multimedia cellphone, and two two-inch LCD displays embedded in these geeky but stylish goggles create the effect of a 50-inch TV hovering before your eyes. But watch where you're walking. About $275.

Actually i just seen somewhere this week and cant freakn remember , they now have this device for like 29 bucks i wanted to go home and order 1 right away but i cant rember what company it was f$#@
Old 14th November 2006, 05:59 PM

sarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enough

I thought about registering .mobi once. Then I found my mind. Wasted dollars by over zealous domainers.

They can say what they want about IDN but at least there is traffic and return on them. If there is traffic on .mobi it is domainers only.

About those goggles you can get them off of emagin.com too. I hear they are working with the army to develop microdisplays on their guns. Hmm...

If there is any place you can get them for $29 dollars they have to be crap. Most are at the $500 - $1000 price range right now. Which is impractical for the average consumer.
Old 14th November 2006, 06:34 PM

Fka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enough

I used this P.C like 1 week ago at the Sony Style store. It looks AWESOME, but no way in hell i'd buy it for more than 200$. It's just not practical..... the thing is TO BIG to fit in your pocket btw, so unless you carry a purse... you wont be carrying this thing around. Other than just looking cool, it's garbage. .Mobi sucks just as much
Old 15th November 2006, 01:19 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcle
I thought about registering .mobi once. Then I found my mind. Wasted dollars by over zealous domainers.

They can say what they want about IDN but at least there is traffic and return on them. If there is traffic on .mobi it is domainers only.

About those goggles you can get them off of emagin.com too. I hear they are working with the army to develop microdisplays on their guns. Hmm...

If there is any place you can get them for $29 dollars they have to be crap. Most are at the $500 - $1000 price range right now. Which is impractical for the average consumer.

Yes, but it will be fun to turn in a couple thousand dollars profit for those single words .mobi, won't it? I mean, doesn't matter if they will work in the long run, just churn immediately.