IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st December 2006, 06:52 AM

mulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enough
New? scam doing the rounds (Not the apprasial scam)

Well new to me anyway...

Sheesh... Some people!

Quote:
Hello mulligan , I will like you to know that there is no problem about the price, I have contacted a creditor of mine that is owing me some fund in the uk wich is 7000 pounds, so i will like you to know that the cheque will be sent to you while you diduct the price of your domain name and wire me the balance on the cheque.

So i will like you to mail me the name that will be on the cheque and the address that the cheque will be sent to.

I will be especting your mail soonest.

Best Regards
Id be 100% sure this is the classic stolen check scam... For those not aware heres how it works...

Guy has a stolen check-book or check ... Sends me the check, I bank it, it clears, I wire back the balance to the guy who sent it to me ... A few days later the check is declined/bounces as the rightful owner realises a 7 grand chaeck has ben deducted from his account, reports it and the bank take back the 7 grand from my account.... Meanwhile I have wired the money to the guy who sent me the check in the first place and he has a few grand in cash....

*Sigh* Some people....

Note: This 'deal' didnt come through a forum
Old 1st December 2006, 07:22 AM
A.W.O.L

Olney has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Re: New? scam doing the rounds (Not the apprasial scam)

Most likely one of those Inherited $100 million bucks scam.
Supposedly they have access to making checks that are good enough to actually clear at first. Later they tell you it's fake.

Never take a deal where you get overpaid & have to give back cash.
If they want to overpay make sure you write contracts saying it will take like 3 months to verify.
Old 1st December 2006, 07:25 AM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: New? scam doing the rounds (Not the apprasial scam)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan
Well new to me anyway...

Sheesh... Some people!

Id be 100% sure this is the classic stolen check scam... For those not aware heres how it works...

Guy has a stolen check-book or check ... Sends me the check, I bank it, it clears, I wire back the balance to the guy who sent it to me ... A few days later the check is declined/bounces as the rightful owner realises a 7 grand chaeck has ben deducted from his account, reports it and the bank take back the 7 grand from my account.... Meanwhile I have wired the money to the guy who sent me the check in the first place and he has a few grand in cash....

*Sigh* Some people....

Note: This 'deal' didnt come through a forum

Careful, it doesn't have to be stolen - it could be his own check, and he reports it as stolen!!

Meanwhile, bank tellers i have talked to told me always to use TT - this one cannot be reversed, even if stolen money.