IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | idntools | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > IDN Domain Appraisals

IDN Domain Appraisals Appraisals by other members on International domain names.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th December 2006, 08:31 PM

damitssam is an unknown quantity at this point
Freshëns.com

I was just checking my smoothie cup, and the cup even wrote: www.freshëns.com . So I was like heck, why not check if its available, and it was! I wonder if anyone will try to type the good old ë (what language is that)?

Thanks!
Old 7th December 2006, 08:39 PM
Administrator

thefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to thefabfive
Re: Freshëns.com

"Freshëns is a unique collection of nationally branded retail stores. Freshëns develops sites one at a time, market by market, not in a mass rollout. Today, with over 1,500 locations, our products and time-tested systems are focused on the development of continued growth in non-commercial venues. Freshëns is a national brand providing local expertise! Only Freshëns brings to this marketplace "The Brands that Build."

The company is located in Atlanta, GA. All the "Freshëns" on the website have the little registered symbol next to them. Probably not a good idea to register Freshëns.com. It doesn't seem to be a word on its own, just their brand.

Funny though they list their email address as: info [at] Freshëns.com but the link takes you to info [at] freshens.com (non-IDN).
Old 7th December 2006, 08:56 PM

damitssam is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks,

I don't think the US tm database will allow you to register trademarks in non-ascii characters?!?! Or is this not the case.

Thanks,
Sam
Old 7th December 2006, 08:59 PM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

So by that argument, the Nike "swish, the Coca Cola "swirl" and the McDonalds "arches" are not TM's?
Old 7th December 2006, 09:02 PM
Administrator

thefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to thefabfive

Quote:
Originally Posted by damitssam
Thanks,

I don't think the US tm database will allow you to register trademarks in non-ascii characters?!?! Or is this not the case.

Thanks,
Sam
I don't know, but everything on their website is "Freshëns". The US TM database allows you to register logos representing your brand so I don't see why "Freshëns" would not be allowed. And since it doesn't mean anything besides their brand I don't think it's a worthwhile reg.
Old 7th December 2006, 09:29 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enoughRubber Duck will become famous soon enough

In general, the only Marks or Brands worth going after are those that are common surnames, which are by definitions genericised.

Smith Industries for example would have little claim on Smith.com