IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | idntools | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > IDN Domain Appraisals

IDN Domain Appraisals Appraisals by other members on International domain names.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th December 2006, 07:51 AM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough
Arrow 汉人.com Han Chinese

[EN] Han Chinese person or people
[ZH] 漢人 trad. 汉人 simp. [hàn rén]

I am interested in the context this is used in. Thank you.
Old 12th December 2006, 08:18 AM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 汉人.com Han Chinese

Interesting. I'm curious how this name wasn't registered until you registered this.

Example of Han Chinese attire (Tang dynasty style):

Note: The chick is not Chinese.

Example of other Ethnicity Chinese attire, e.g. Hmong Chinese (Miao Chinese):

Old 12th December 2006, 08:57 AM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

Yes, reading about Hanfu http://www.hanfu.org/ made me think of registering this.
Old 12th December 2006, 09:12 AM
Veteran

The 16th century Hanfu costumes that people role play with are really outdated, and besides being aristocratic clothing. Modern people wear simple clothing.

To ask the Chinese to wear hanfu is like to ask Westerners to wear this:

Last edited by touchring; 12th December 2006 at 09:18 AM..
Old 12th December 2006, 09:18 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant
So far, the only 'Chinese' that offered such interesting comments is BLASTFROMTHEPAST.
I got a sense that the Hanfu movement didn't have to do with clothing only, but was a broad based effort to restore the sophisticated style of indigenous Chinese culture, which to a large degree has been preserved in a fossilized way in Korea and Japan.

An interesting read, in English, at http://hanfu.atspace.com/page01.htm

Quote:
It is clear that Cheongsam satisfies the nomadic life of Manchu who lived in northern China close to Russia. Hanfu, Hanbok and Kimono, however, are born in Chinese culture which defines the Oriental. Among various philosophical schools, it is the Confucianism that accounts for most of the unique traits of Tang-yi. Conventional opinions may continue to wrest Confucianism as something stagnant and disgraceful that is responsible for China's backwardness since the nineteenth century. However, academic researches in the recent decades incline to disagree. Deep understanding on Confucianism will give you feelings of its inner warmth that ensouls an individual humaneness, wisdom, elegance and joy.

FROM LEFT: Chinese movies are increasingly trying to reach the unreachable beauty of Hanfu, yet fruitfully;
FROM RIGHT: however, many, especially those produced in Hong Kong and Taiwan, are entirely weird.

The beauty of traditional attires in Japan, Korea are in their full bloom. However, in China, we can only fancy. Except those weird movie clothes, we have a long way to go, but with hope, sturdily and piously.

Last edited by blastfromthepast; 12th December 2006 at 09:26 AM..
Old 12th December 2006, 04:45 PM
Veteran

The Cheongsam is not a Manchurian attire. Manchurian women in the 17th century wear pants. You need pants to ride on horses.
Old 12th December 2006, 09:01 PM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

>To ask the Chinese to wear hanfu is like to ask Westerners to wear this:

My codpiece is enjoyed by many.
Old 13th December 2006, 12:31 AM

Wot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbert
>To ask the Chinese to wear hanfu is like to ask Westerners to wear this:

My codpiece is enjoyed by many.

We have heard the rumo/urs.
Old 13th December 2006, 05:18 AM

Giant is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastfromthepast
I got a sense that the Hanfu movement didn't have to do with clothing only, but was a broad based effort to restore the sophisticated style of indigenous Chinese culture, which to a large degree has been preserved in a fossilized way in Korea and Japan.

An interesting read, in English, at http://hanfu.atspace.com/page01.htm
Very interesting Dan.

The article is very well written and correct. When I read it, I had the feeling it's written by me (just with better English) because the writer's knowledge of Chinese history is so accurate, and similar to mine :-) He must be an overseas Chinese!

"... Conventional opinions may continue to wrest Confucianism as something stagnant and disgraceful that is responsible for China's backwardness since the nineteenth century. However, academic researches in the recent decades incline to disagree. Deep understanding on Confucianism will give you feelings of its inner warmth that ensouls an individual humaneness, wisdom, elegance and joy."

When I retire (in a near future), I will give myself a new job --- re-introducing Confucianism to the Chinese. I consider Chinese philosophy as a whole is the king of all philosophies.

Dot Com is King. IDN.com will soon be king.
@
Old 13th December 2006, 05:23 AM
Veteran

Quote:
When I retire (in a near future), I will give myself a new job --- re-introducing Confucianism to the Chinese. I consider Chinese philosophy as a whole is the king of all philosophies.
Looking forward to it.

Last edited by blastfromthepast; 13th December 2006 at 05:55 AM..
Old 13th December 2006, 06:16 AM

Giant is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastfromthepast
Looking forward to it.
I saw your 孔教.com. It's a good name. Some people would certainly want this name. But I don't think it's right to religionize Confucianism. Confucianism is a philosophy, let it remain so.

Dot Com is King. IDN.com will soon be king.
@
Old 13th December 2006, 06:24 AM
Veteran

Quote:
I saw your 孔教.com. It's a good name. Some people would certainly want this name. But I don't think it's right to religionize Confucianism. Confucianism is a philosophy, let it remain so.
One of the good things about this name is that it is the same in simplified and traditional.

Last edited by blastfromthepast; 13th December 2006 at 06:43 AM..
Old 13th December 2006, 06:44 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wot
We have heard the rumo/urs.
huh? What's a codpiece?
Old 3rd January 2008, 04:00 AM
Veteran

.net has been sold.
Old 3rd January 2008, 04:13 PM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

Dang it Blast!

I start reading the thread, get to touch's "To ask the Chinese to wear hanfu is like to ask Westerners to wear this" comment and think "oooh oooh, here's my chance to post a codpiece joke", and then I get a bit further down and see I've already done so, a year back.