IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > Regional Specific Discussion > 日本語ドメイン

日本語ドメイン Discussion for Japan IDN Domain names. Japanese IDNs are available in .com .net & .jp

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th December 2006, 09:48 PM

114211 is on a distinguished road114211 is on a distinguished road114211 is on a distinguished road114211 is on a distinguished road114211 is on a distinguished road114211 is on a distinguished road
are .jp cheaper for the Japanese?

If you're a Japanese person and living in Japan would it be cheaper than it is if you're not living in the country? I mean is it like around 8 bucks for japanese people like our .coms?
Old 13th December 2006, 09:52 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
Re: are .jp cheaper for the Japanese?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 114211
If you're a Japanese person and living in Japan would it be cheaper than it is if you're not living in the country? I mean is it like around 8 bucks for japanese people like our .coms?
You will probably get the best deal at jp-domains.com. They seem to get around the requirement for a Japanese address and prices have come down a lot. I am not saying you cannot get them cheaper elsewhere, but this is where most westerner have regged their IDN.
Old 13th December 2006, 09:54 PM

114211 is on a distinguished road114211 is on a distinguished road114211 is on a distinguished road114211 is on a distinguished road114211 is on a distinguished road114211 is on a distinguished road

Well I mean is it the same price whether your Japanese or your foreign? Maybe that site charges more cuz they let you use their address.
Old 13th December 2006, 10:07 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by 114211
I think it is generally much the same price, but to get the best deals you will probably need to use a Japanese interface and provide a Japanese address, because it is likely that best offers are not present on English language sites that provide a Japanese address to the Registry.
Old 13th December 2006, 10:27 PM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck
You will probably get the best deal at jp-domains.com. They seem to get around the requirement for a Japanese address and prices have come down a lot. I am not saying you cannot get them cheaper elsewhere, but this is where most westerner have regged their IDN.
JP domains has a special for IDNF members with 2 for 1 .jp IDNs at $20 each (2 for $40). If you only want to register 1, then you still pay $40, and they refund you $20.

jp-domains.com is the only place that I know of to register .jp if you are not Japanese, and the manager, Michael Yukai is quick to respond to emails etc.

I think someone posted that .jps are registered to nationals at between $8 and $12 each.
Old 13th December 2006, 10:39 PM

domainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhhisc
JP domains has a special for IDNF members with 2 for 1 .jp IDNs at $20 each (2 for $40). If you only want to register 1, then you still pay $40, and they refund you $20.

jp-domains.com is the only place that I know of to register .jp if you are not Japanese, and the manager, Michael Yukai is quick to respond to emails etc.

I think someone posted that .jps are registered to nationals at between $8 and $12 each.
The alternative being of course to move to Japan and just pay $10 per reg. But I suspect you will find paying $20 per name the cheaper option, at least until you have a few thousand names
Old 14th December 2006, 12:48 AM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

ケースバイケース:

① Japanese price: ¥640.
② Foreigner price: $20 at JP-Domains.

Should you qualify to get the ¥640 price, you may want to still to transfer to JP-Domains, afterwards, because their renewal rates are lower in any case.

Last edited by blastfromthepast; 14th December 2006 at 12:54 AM..
Old 14th December 2006, 12:53 AM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastfromthepast
ケースバイケース:
① Japanese price: ¥640.
② Foreigner price: $20 at JP-Domains.
The thing to do afterwards, if you can get the ¥640 price, you may want to still to transfer to JP-Domains, afterwards, because their renewal rates are lower in any case.
How do you pay them and Credit Cards or Paypal accepted?
Old 14th December 2006, 12:57 AM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhhisc
How do you pay them and Credit Cards or Paypal accepted?
Yes, even 'not-issued-in-Japan' credit cards work, although the processing system sometimes stalls on weekends. PayPal is not accepted.

No English interface is provided, obviously. I just checked my statements for last month, and at the current exchange rates, it works out to about $5.40 a domain.