IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

View Poll Results: How bored are you with lists of .Nets
Quite bored 5 38.46%
Extremely Bored 8 61.54%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd December 2006, 09:34 PM
Semi-retired

alpha has disabled reputation
New Years Resolution

How about sellers making a New Years Resolution to stop peddling the .nets

bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored

I am so bored with seeing endless lists of .net's

bring out the .coms

bring out the .jps

bring out the .cns
Old 22nd December 2006, 10:11 PM

Fka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enough
Re: New Years Resolution

Not bored I'm willing to buy .nets... i listed wanted arabic idns, but didnt get many offers
Old 22nd December 2006, 10:12 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

I brought out Christmas dot com in Russian. Put it up with a reserve of $1000 only to have no interest shown at all. I subsequently withdrew only to be low balled afterwards.

The prices being offered currently only warrant the wheeling out of dot nets.

If you want dot coms you are going to have to up the anti!
Old 22nd December 2006, 10:42 PM

thegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to thegenius1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck

If you want dot coms you are going to have to up the anti!
Mr. Duck Don't forget about jp.s
Old 22nd December 2006, 11:03 PM
Veteran

Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegenius1
Mr. Duck Don't forget about jp.s
I am not motivated to sell those at all at the moment, mainly because I have so few it would further imbalance my risk. Those that I do have are considered to be high calibre.

Frankly, buyers are just pissing around at the moment. Sellers are not selling, seller don't appear to be dropping anything valuable, indeed most dot com holders have never even contemplated selling. The sellers that have put decent dot coms up for sale can probably be counted on one hand. If those guys are loosing interest in the whole idea of selling dot coms and buyers are playing a waiting game, then we are all going to have to wait until something snaps.

The presumption is that is would be the sellers that would crack, but the indications would appear to suggest that it is actually the buyers that getting the most frustated.
Old 22nd December 2006, 11:22 PM

burnsinternet is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a feeling that you'll see a lot of domains for sale in the next few months. Reg fees will be hitting a lot of people by March. Even though they will be getting better PPC income, some people are overextended. The good stats but low PPC domains will be selling - especially Asian language IDNs, I believe. Autoupdate may come too late for some out there, and they will be forced to sell or drop.

How many of us dropped IDNs after they came out because no one could see them? Back then it seemed like a great idea, until we started getting $35 renewal fees and no visitors. This time, we will see impatient and/or overextended investors selling to make renewal fees. I saw that last year when little good news was out about IDNing. I saw, for example, good single letter dot nets sell for a few dollars because IDNF members would not buy them.

For such a virtuous, patient group, I am seeing a lot of impatience the last few months. If sellers won't sell top domains: OK. If buyers won't pay for top domains: OK. It won't be like this for long. This has been a long journey and some have turned back. Most are rowing boats and sailing ships and searching for land. It is risky and rocky and we all knew that was the case.
Old 22nd December 2006, 11:51 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsinternet
I have a feeling that you'll see a lot of domains for sale in the next few months. Reg fees will be hitting a lot of people by March. Even though they will be getting better PPC income, some people are overextended. The good stats but low PPC domains will be selling - especially Asian language IDNs, I believe. Autoupdate may come too late for some out there, and they will be forced to sell or drop.

How many of us dropped IDNs after they came out because no one could see them? Back then it seemed like a great idea, until we started getting $35 renewal fees and no visitors. This time, we will see impatient and/or overextended investors selling to make renewal fees. I saw that last year when little good news was out about IDNing. I saw, for example, good single letter dot nets sell for a few dollars because IDNF members would not buy them.

For such a virtuous, patient group, I am seeing a lot of impatience the last few months. If sellers won't sell top domains: OK. If buyers won't pay for top domains: OK. It won't be like this for long. This has been a long journey and some have turned back. Most are rowing boats and sailing ships and searching for land. It is risky and rocky and we all knew that was the case.
So if that is the case why are sellers moaning that they are not seeing anything for sale that they want to buy.

Sellers will drop or sell the mediocre stuff. The expectation that they are just going to hand over the Crown Jewels for a few dollars is just not realistic.

Actually, I was thinking earlier what would happen if I dropped a few blockbusters through the Snap system? But the basic problem would be it would be next summer before anything would go through the system.
Old 22nd December 2006, 11:56 PM
Semi-retired

Quote:
I am not motivated to sell those at all at the moment, mainly because I have so few it would further imbalance my risk. Those that I do have are considered to be high calibre.

Frankly, buyers are just pissing around at the moment....
people selling right now sell because they have to, or sell because they choose to.

nobody is selling just to pass the time or because there isn't anything on the telly.

Everyone has their reasons, their motives, their strategies etc..

So, all i'm saying is if you want to sell, bring out the real stuff - not just another list of .nets that won't sell.

do it properly or don't do it all.

Yes RD, you did wheel out one .com lately, maybe it just didn't take anyones fancy.

I'm not pissing around, i'm waitig in line for the store to open.
Old 23rd December 2006, 12:03 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphamale
people selling right now sell because they have to, or sell because they choose to.

nobody is selling just to pass the time or because there isn't anything on the telly.

Everyone has their reasons, their motives, their strategies etc..

So, all i'm saying is if you want to sell, bring out the real stuff - not just another list of .nets that won't sell.

do it properly or don't do it all.

Yes RD, you did wheel out one .com lately, maybe it just didn't take anyones fancy.

I'm not pissing around, i'm waitig in line for the store to open.
Well I put out three Japanese on here. They are reasonably priced according to my estimations. No interest.

If you think I am going to start banging down good domains on NO RESERVE auctions like I have in the past, forget it. I have got the market going several times just see it grind to a hault again. Basically, I am waiting for a revival of interest. I am monitoring that with the dot nets.

I may come up with more dot coms in the coming months, I may not. It all depends. I think for time being, it pays me to just sit on my hands.
Old 23rd December 2006, 12:19 AM
Semi-retired

Quote:
Well I put out three Japanese on here. They are reasonably priced according to my estimations. No interest.

If you think I am going to start banging down good domains on NO RESERVE auctions like I have in the past, forget it. I have got the market going several times just see it grind to a hault again. Basically, I am waiting for a revival of interest. I am monitoring that with the dot nets.

I may come up with more dot coms in the coming months, I may not. It all depends. I think for time being, it pays me to just sit on my hands.
thats fine RD, you are selling with a different motive and have a choice.
Old 23rd December 2006, 12:21 AM
Veteran

The bottom line on all of this is that there are nearly 1K signed in here.

Of those only 30 or so have really high powered portfolios, and of those only about 5 or so have ever really done any serious selling.

Realistically there are 500 or more people that should be seriously looking at improving the size and quality of their portfolios. They are not going to do that by buying from flippers, the quality of whose wears has dropped to a lamentable level. They are also not going to do it buy buying the crap that is being sifted out from major portfolios, nor are they going to do it by buying from those that registered huge amounts of crap. They are going to have to obtain what they can from the handful of people that are open to selling a few quality domains.

I think you will be surprised, how many have hung back in the expectation that some really good stuff will drop soon. We'll soon we will find out. If it doesn't, those struggling to get on board before the boat leave will become increasingly desparate.

Quote:

Old 23rd December 2006, 12:32 AM
Semi-retired

Quote:
Dave, one of them is 20k

have you lost your marbles?
Old 23rd December 2006, 12:35 AM

Same story for months. Some keep mining, some fish with dynamite, some sit back and wait, some go to the drops & secondary market, some are busy developing, and some have placed their bets: period.

Last edited by burnsinternet; 23rd December 2006 at 12:47 AM..
Old 23rd December 2006, 12:39 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Dave, one of them is 20k

have you lost your marbles?
Not in the slightest.

I a few years time this domain will be worth 7 figures, and besides have you looked at the dollar exchange rate lately?
Old 23rd December 2006, 12:41 AM
Semi-retired

Quote:
Not in the slightest.

I a few years time this domain will be worth 7 figures, and besides have you looked at the dollar exchange rate lately?
I just don't get it.

on one end of the spectum we have .nets no one wants, and on the other a load of .coms no one can afford

wheres the stuff in the middle?
Old 23rd December 2006, 12:41 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Same story for months. Some keep mining, some fish with dynamite, some sit back and wait, some go to the drops & secondary market, some are busy developing, and some have placed their bets period.
When the Mother Vein is played out, all that dynamite will get you is a big pile of rocks!

Quote:
I just don't get it.

on one end of the spectum we have .nets no one wants, and on the other a load of .coms no one can afford

wheres the stuff in the middle?
Well that why I put in couple of Combos in the low $x,xxx.

The bottom line is if someone comes to me with a sensible budget and a rough idea of what they want I am prepared to look at it, but we are not talking 50 bucks a chuck here.

And Bimbo, you have blown it with me. I wouldn't even start negotiation.

Last edited by Rubber Duck; 23rd December 2006 at 12:56 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 23rd December 2006, 01:01 AM

I'm not fishing with dynamite. Never have.

I personally think we'll see some interesting domains for sale in interesting languages. The stuff that few are talking about but many are going after. You don't see many top German, Polish, French, Spanish, Russian, etc. dot coms for sale here because those are making money right now. I speak of the big money names.

My problem has always been my lack of familiarity with Asian languages. By the time I got the hang of it, only .jps were leftover. I have some really good names in non-Asian languages. Some of them, at the time, I thought must have been typos because I couldn't believe they were unregistered by the Snows. Some, like the Greek, Polish, Swedish, and Arabic ones, have few views but nearly 100% CTR. So, it is difficult for me, personally, to gamble on good, expensive Asian domains. It's just not a good fit for me.

We've been seeing Japanese, Chinese, Russian, and a sprinkling of other popular languages here. I think we will see 'premium' domains in smaller language groups or more speculative languages (Hebrew, Greek, Polish, Swedish, etc.) soon. Not Thai. DG has all those.

Last edited by burnsinternet; 23rd December 2006 at 01:06 AM..
Old 23rd December 2006, 01:08 AM
Veteran

Well not all of them he doesn't! We have Thai, we also have quite a few other interesting languges. These are not ever likely to come up for sale. The keywords are pure gold and the after market is currently non existent. By the time the secondary market fires in these, any interest in selling anything will have long since evaporated.
Old 23rd December 2006, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Well not all of them he doesn't! We have Thai, we also have quite a few other interesting languges. These are not ever likely to come up for sale. The keywords are pure gold and the after market is currently non existent. By the time the secondary market fires in these, any interest in selling anything will have long since evaporated.
I know, I know. It was a joke to DG. He WANTS to have all of them, I think!
Old 23rd December 2006, 03:55 AM

sunsei21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to sunsei21 Send a message via Skype™ to sunsei21

lol well i was thinking there was a lot of .nets up for sale, there is sort of a cycle that goes on .nets->>>complain about .nets>>> few.coms->>>.nets and i know this has been covered but what is a premium .com or .jp .cn .gr etc?? Ill be happy to test the water with the closest thing i have in my meager portfolio.

i personally stopped buying .nets because i'm confident that if and when the market takes off i can find .nets all day long if need be