IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | idntools | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Sales Report

IDN Sales Report Post sales of IDN domains

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th February 2006, 03:45 AM

sarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enough
Blockhäuser.biz Imobiliárias.com Dnjournal

Two domains made it to Dnjournal this week.

Blockhäuser.biz (Log Cabin. German) $2,406

Imobiliárias.com (Real Estate Portuguese) $3,000

Man, did real estate go for cheap. But finally glad to see something other than German on the boards.

http://dnjournal.com/domainsales.htm
Old 8th February 2006, 04:06 AM
Veteran

gammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished road
Gosh, has german IDN matured that quickly?!

Imobiliárias was a nice trade. 150k ovt.
Old 8th February 2006, 04:40 AM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow, Imobiliárias at $3000, this is a precedence! You can say it's expensive since portuguese is shunned by IDNers.
Old 8th February 2006, 04:54 AM

OldIDNer is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a few Portuguese names so not all IDNers shun them.
I have received similar offers on some of my Portuguese IDNs.

Last edited by OldIDNer; 8th February 2006 at 05:39 AM.. Reason: clarifying post
Old 8th February 2006, 06:07 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldIDNer
I have a few Portuguese names so not all IDNers shun them. Most keywords are long gone and have remained registered.

I have received better offers than that on some of my Portuguese IDNs.
True, not all IDNers, but most i think.

I got quite a few 2nd grade portuguese names myself.
Old 8th February 2006, 09:09 AM
Administrator

bramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to bramiozo Send a message via Skype™ to bramiozo
Holzhausbau.org was also sold and holzhäuser.biz was sold in november last year, the same buyer probably ?
Old 8th February 2006, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchring
True, not all IDNers, but most i think.

I got quite a few 2nd grade portuguese names myself.
Yes that is true. Though I think many IDNers are simply holding the names and don't participate in the communities. I just get a little annoyed sometimes when I hear people sort of dismiss the romance langauge IDNs just because there are similar ASCII versions. IMO, these IDNs have strengths that other IDNs don't have in terms of already being fully mutilingual and representing countries with developed or rapidly developing economies and potential, payment systems etc with generally friendly goverments. A language like Spanish for example is widely spoken in many countries. And, yes, though these languages can be represented with ASCII names, and have historically been represented this way online due to limitations being addressed through IDN, they are not the true language without the accents. People communicate in these language with the accents.

Additionally, I've received very high offers for Portuguese IDNs so I know the demand is there, it just that I want a chance at developing them and see what I can do seo wise and getting in there first. My thinking is, why sell a name for 10k when with a little development one can make that amount every few months or in less time.

BTW, I'm surprised there is not a forum for these names yet. Maybe one can be created that includes all the romance languages like Spanish, Portuguese, Italian French etc. There have been high sales in these IDNs already, including a French name that is one of the highest selling names.
Old 8th February 2006, 02:21 PM
Veteran

Well, i'm a believer in West European idns, partly due to high clickthru and real PPC market - so i proposed a German subforum - see forum categories.
Old 8th February 2006, 02:28 PM

Yeah, Germany rocks . They sure love their domains.

I think I had proposed a romance language subforum a while back in the older version of the forum. I think it would make sense to include a subforum representing a large and very important group of languages that people are speculating on and reselling.

Anyways, good to have a forum to discuss IDNs in any case.

Last edited by OldIDNer; 8th February 2006 at 03:23 PM..
Old 8th February 2006, 02:58 PM
Veteran

gammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldIDNer
Yes that is true. Though I think many IDNers are simply holding the names and don't participate in the communities. I just get a little annoyed sometimes when I hear people sort of dismiss the romance langauge IDNs just because there are similar ASCII versions. IMO, these IDNs have strengths that other IDNs don't have in terms of already being fully mutilingual and representing countries with developed or rapidly developing economies and potential, payment systems etc with generally friendly goverments. A language like Spanish for example is widely spoken in many countries. And, yes, though these languages can be represented with ASCII names, and have historically been represented this way online due to limitations being addressed through IDN, they are not the true language without the accents. People communicate in these language with the accents.

Additionally, I've received very high offers for Portuguese IDNs so I know the demand is there, it just that I want a chance at developing them and see what I can do seo wise and getting in there first. My thinking is, why sell a name for 10k when with a little development one can make that amount every few months or in less time.

BTW, I'm surprised there is not a forum for these names yet. Maybe one can be created that includes all the romance languages like Spanish, Portuguese, Italian French etc. There have been high sales in these IDNs already, including a French name that is one of the highest selling names.

I think alot of people forget that portugese is spoken by 200mm people. I for one, wish I had taken notice much sooner.
Old 12th February 2006, 08:28 PM

pro is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Holzhausbau.org was also sold and holzhäuser.biz was sold in november last year, the same buyer probably ?
holzhäuser.biz and blockhäuser.biz were sold to the same buyer.

best regards pro

holzhaeuser.biz

Last edited by pro; 12th February 2006 at 08:59 PM..