IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > Regional Specific Discussion > Русские Доменные Имена

Русские Доменные Имена Discussion on native Russian IDN domain names

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 4th January 2007, 05:02 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 231
iTrader: (4)
Rep Power: 0
filmlion is an unknown quantity at this point
when u buy a russian idn - what's important?

i am working on finding the best domains that are still available, but a little confused what's most important and what's less important.

pro advices needed, guys. that would help everyone - and also to understand better which domains is worthy and which is not.

so... i guess it must be a just a one word (two only if they are really popular) that is generic and makes sense as is. the yandex stats should be higher than 50k (or it's still low?) what other factors should i consider when choosing russian idn before registerring it?

thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 4th January 2007, 05:09 AM
555 555 is offline
ком.ком コム.コム
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 4,141
iTrader: (33)
Rep Power: 1676
555 has disabled reputation
Re: when u buy a russian idn - what's important?

Given the fact you are Russian that is living in Russia (i assume that..is it the case?)
You have a big advantage since you are familiar more then many others of what are the necessities, what are many Russians do online...what do they search for...and in addition to that always 'Know' what can be in the domain you are buying...try and aim for high average ticket or a massive market if the domain is a product and imo dont set the 50k wordstat.yandex minimum as many domains are worth registering and have lower numbers then that...i usually put 20-25k monthly as the minimum...especially if the us overture and google trends give decent and above results.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 4th January 2007, 05:38 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 231
iTrader: (4)
Rep Power: 0
filmlion is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: when u buy a russian idn - what's important?

i speak russian (as a native language) but i don't live there - however, of course, i know the mentality - my problem is that i find too many words that are still available, and can't afford to buy them all. so that is why i am asking which are the highest priorities... i assume when i see 5 super great domains but one has over 50k searches per month in yandex (the most popular russian SE) - i think i should buy it rather than the others... my question was: maybe there are other factors more important than search volumes in yandex? should i also check google and yahoo (overture)? what % of Russians use them? any stats available? what factors more important than search volumes? is 3-letter popular word with small search volumes more important than 18-letter word with much higher search volumes? what people think about this... i think it's very important to know.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 5th January 2007, 01:18 PM
Explorer's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 761
iTrader: (13)
Rep Power: 586
Explorer is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: when u buy a russian idn - what's important?

Quote:
Originally Posted by filmlion
i speak russian (as a native language) but i don't live there - however, of course, i know the mentality - my problem is that i find too many words that are still available, and can't afford to buy them all. so that is why i am asking which are the highest priorities... i assume when i see 5 super great domains but one has over 50k searches per month in yandex (the most popular russian SE) - i think i should buy it rather than the others... my question was: maybe there are other factors more important than search volumes in yandex? should i also check google and yahoo (overture)? what % of Russians use them? any stats available? what factors more important than search volumes? is 3-letter popular word with small search volumes more important than 18-letter word with much higher search volumes? what people think about this... i think it's very important to know.
50K in Yandex is just too little, in my opinion. You should shoot for 100K and above. Yandex score is your best bet at this point. If the word is not searched by the Russian internet users, then it's value is close to a reg fee. Use google trends to determine plural/singlular option. The problem is, nice domains have been regged a long time ago.
__________________
Asking a local domainer who missed the boat on IDNs in his language if IDNs are valuable is like asking your wife whether your mistress is pretty.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 5th January 2007, 05:58 PM
xxbossmanxx's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Detroit
Posts: 429
iTrader: (6)
Rep Power: 0
xxbossmanxx is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to xxbossmanxx Send a message via MSN to xxbossmanxx Send a message via Skype™ to xxbossmanxx
Re: when u buy a russian idn - what's important?

I disagree explorer, OK, fine so most of the good search keywords are taken. Products and goods etc. like hair.com or car.com however, lots of mega brandable and super common stuff is still around.

In order for car.com in russian to be a mega valuable domain so does stuff like winner.com like I just regged.

The regular old dot coms work that way dont they? Wouldnt you like to own winner.com or your.com in ascii? I know I sure as heck would and I do in russian IDN.

Although the very start up IDN interest is in the others, like I said it's all going to be gold if one is.

BTW, here is my yandex for your.com, it gets searches even though it's not goods, I think these #'s rock.

Result of the search: pages - 241 575 257, sites - not less than 67 476, in the catalog - 124 demands in the month: your - 47 909. To purchase this word.
__________________
I Build sites like this for cash and IDN's.
http://www.rarecom.com/
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 5th January 2007, 06:09 PM
555 555 is offline
ком.ком コム.コム
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 4,141
iTrader: (33)
Rep Power: 1676
555 has disabled reputation
Re: when u buy a russian idn - what's important?

It all depends how comfortable you are as for what are you 'sitting' on...but sure...thinking the way you are...IF our i.e Russian idn's would currently have the value of the same .com's in English...hell you can be a millionaire about 20 minutes from now even if just now registering your 1st domain.

But obviously that is not the case...the market is born as we speak...but even as new as it is...you won't be able to find a desirable domain for a few bucks. there are still great opportunities in the after market that i see narrowing daily since not everyone has long term in mind. it might be when time comes..im sure some domains will go for more and some for less depending on they're relevancy to the language etc but i also don't think someone that starts investing now can afford setting a 100k minimum..and regardless of when they start...some great domains have less then that...i.e Израиль.com with 78k wordstat (Israel)

Last edited by 555; 5th January 2007 at 06:46 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 5th January 2007, 06:31 PM
Explorer's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 761
iTrader: (13)
Rep Power: 586
Explorer is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: when u buy a russian idn - what's important?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbossmanxx
In order for car.com in russian to be a mega valuable domain so does stuff like winner.com like I just regged.
Not true. If you just regged winner.com with low yandex score, chances are it's not wanted. In other words, with no type-in traffic and low score, you'll have a hard time convincing anyone to purchase it from you for more than a reg fee, since there are plenty of other russian words around that are unregged.

The IDN game shifted dramatically over the last year or two. There were 2 ways to make money in the IDNs - regging and purchasing on the secondary market. Regging is done. As a matter of fact, people have overregged. If I were a betting man, I'd say that 99% of members on this forum are not regging. The new folks who come in to the IDN game will only make money by buying premium domains from someone else.
__________________
Asking a local domainer who missed the boat on IDNs in his language if IDNs are valuable is like asking your wife whether your mistress is pretty.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 5th January 2007, 06:43 PM
xxbossmanxx's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Detroit
Posts: 429
iTrader: (6)
Rep Power: 0
xxbossmanxx is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to xxbossmanxx Send a message via MSN to xxbossmanxx Send a message via Skype™ to xxbossmanxx
Re: when u buy a russian idn - what's important?

All we speak of is yandex yandex, are you telling me that great words cannot be branded and have a corp value? Theres no domain or host company that wouldnt kill for your.com etc? thats the angle I speak of.

Theres many many examples in ascii with names that are incredible yet score low on a yandex type report. Example- go.com Who runs a search on go? yet the name is super valuable. Is go a commodity? nope.
__________________
I Build sites like this for cash and IDN's.
http://www.rarecom.com/
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 5th January 2007, 06:50 PM
Explorer's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 761
iTrader: (13)
Rep Power: 586
Explorer is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: when u buy a russian idn - what's important?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbossmanxx
All we speak of is yandex yandex, are you telling me that great words cannot be branded and have a corp value? Theres no domain or host company that wouldnt kill for your.com etc? thats the angle I speak of.

Theres many many examples in ascii with names that are incredible yet score low on a yandex type report. Example- go.com Who runs a search on go? yet the name is super valuable. Is go a commodity? nope.
You are talking ascii word, where all dictionary, one word, branding, etc domains are taken. The supply is gone.

In the IDN world, there are two types of domains. Premiums and the rest, which people call "brand domains". Those brand domains are worth close to reg fee because there are tons of those brand domains still available to be regged in the IDN world. So, a russian corporation will not purchase from a speculator a "brand" name because there are thousands of them (and russian language has a lot more words than english with tons of permutations/combinations) around to reg. The supply is almost unlimited.
__________________
Asking a local domainer who missed the boat on IDNs in his language if IDNs are valuable is like asking your wife whether your mistress is pretty.
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 5th January 2007, 06:57 PM
555 555 is offline
ком.ком コム.コム
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 4,141
iTrader: (33)
Rep Power: 1676
555 has disabled reputation
Re: when u buy a russian idn - what's important?

sure it's all still too new to compare 1 on 1...to try and understand what you are suggesting..take палас.com i.e (Palace).

Many companies / hotels / restuarants etc are using that name...does it fall under the close to regfee category? it only shows 15k on wordstat.yandex

or i.e Статус.com (Status) also less then 100k yandex score
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 5th January 2007, 06:59 PM
xxbossmanxx's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Detroit
Posts: 429
iTrader: (6)
Rep Power: 0
xxbossmanxx is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to xxbossmanxx Send a message via MSN to xxbossmanxx Send a message via Skype™ to xxbossmanxx
Re: when u buy a russian idn - what's important?

Ok, I can agree with that. I guess I am looking farther down the road. The only thing I can say to back my beliefs is that I was onto all of that 3 years ago and did in fact own a ton of those "super valuable names" at one point. And back then I was told my stuff was worthless so here we go again lol.
__________________
I Build sites like this for cash and IDN's.
http://www.rarecom.com/
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 5th January 2007, 07:02 PM
Explorer's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 761
iTrader: (13)
Rep Power: 586
Explorer is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: when u buy a russian idn - what's important?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 261275
sure it's all still too new to compare 1 on 1...to try and understand what you are suggesting..take палас.com i.e (Palace).

Many companies / hotels / restuarants etc are using that name...does it fall under the close to regfee category? it only shows 15k on wordstat.yandex

or i.e Статус.com (Status)

Just because you think the name is valuable for a business, does not mean that business will purchase it from you rather then simply taking 10 mins by thinking and registering another available short simple russian name. And, with 15K yandex, the name will not pay for itself in PPC.

So, my opinion is yes, close to a reg fee. Same with any ascii domain name people register today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbossmanxx
Ok, I can agree with that. I guess I am looking farther down the road. The only thing I can say to back my beliefs is that I was onto all of that 3 years ago and did in fact own a ton of those "super valuable names" at one point. And back then I was told my stuff was worthless so here we go again lol.
The stuff you regged 3 years ago was valuable. That does not mean that the stuff you reg today is also valuable, because the supply is gone.
__________________
Asking a local domainer who missed the boat on IDNs in his language if IDNs are valuable is like asking your wife whether your mistress is pretty.

Last edited by Explorer; 5th January 2007 at 07:08 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 5th January 2007, 07:07 PM
555 555 is offline
ком.ком コム.コム
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 4,141
iTrader: (33)
Rep Power: 1676
555 has disabled reputation
Re: when u buy a russian idn - what's important?

Sure many companies can reg anything and build a brand over it...but an existing brand with brand recognition will not just settle for anything in order to save whatever the seller is looking to get for his domain...i do believe a serious company will make an attempt to secure the best name they can..within reason of course.

But really...only time will tell and the bottom line is you never know...just look at dnjournal's lists...you sometimes say its allmost a steal and sometimes just can't understand why would anyone want these domains @ fraction of what they have been sold.

- we really went off topic...as commercial generic's and the above examples are 2 diffrent stories really...
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 5th January 2007, 07:12 PM
Explorer's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 761
iTrader: (13)
Rep Power: 586
Explorer is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: when u buy a russian idn - what's important?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 261275
Sure many companies can reg anything and build a brand over it...but an existing brand with brand recognition will not just settle for anything in order to save whatever the seller is looking to get for his domain...i do believe a serious company will make an attempt to secure the best name they can..within reason of course.

But really...only time will tell and the bottom line is you never know...just look at dnjournal's lists...you sometimes say its allmost a steal and sometimes just can't understand why would anyone want these domains @ fraction of what they have been sold.
True. As with any investment. But I am a believer that new capital will earn much higher ROI by being invested in a premium domain after-market rather than regging a new one.
__________________
Asking a local domainer who missed the boat on IDNs in his language if IDNs are valuable is like asking your wife whether your mistress is pretty.
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 5th January 2007, 07:17 PM
555 555 is offline
ком.ком コム.コム
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 4,141
iTrader: (33)
Rep Power: 1676
555 has disabled reputation
Re: when u buy a russian idn - what's important?

There is No argument or doubt on this.
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 5th January 2007, 07:23 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 231
iTrader: (4)
Rep Power: 0
filmlion is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: when u buy a russian idn - what's important?

i agree with all of your guys - i think we must start with 100k yandex searched words, but not forget about brandable ones as a longer term investments. what makes the domain premium is if it's 100k and up and also a good brandable name (there are highly searched words which actually makes no sense as a domain name) it's even better if it's a commercial term - i agree there are not many left, but i still found some what else? .com? or .net is also ok?
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 5th January 2007, 08:00 PM
Explorer's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 761
iTrader: (13)
Rep Power: 586
Explorer is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: when u buy a russian idn - what's important?

Quote:
Originally Posted by filmlion
i agree with all of your guys - i think we must start with 100k yandex searched words, but not forget about brandable ones as a longer term investments. what makes the domain premium is if it's 100k and up and also a good brandable name (there are highly searched words which actually makes no sense as a domain name) it's even better if it's a commercial term - i agree there are not many left, but i still found some what else? .com? or .net is also ok?
Not exactly sure what you mean by "we must start". Lots of the folks here are sitting pretty on several hundred Russian generics each we regged more than a year ago. :-)
__________________
Asking a local domainer who missed the boat on IDNs in his language if IDNs are valuable is like asking your wife whether your mistress is pretty.
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 5th January 2007, 08:12 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 231
iTrader: (4)
Rep Power: 0
filmlion is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: when u buy a russian idn - what's important?

i meant myself mostly )) you know there is a proverb: when we talk to other people w actually talk to ourselves. i guess i am talking that way all the time.
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 15th January 2007, 01:11 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 61
iTrader: (1)
Rep Power: 466
petrosc is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: when u buy a russian idn - what's important?

does anybody of you think that it is worth registering two word phrases with very high yandex?
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 15th January 2007, 01:33 PM
domainguru's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 3,835
iTrader: (14)
Rep Power: 2512
domainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura about
Re: when u buy a russian idn - what's important?

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrosc
does anybody of you think that it is worth registering two word phrases with very high yandex?
yes of course. If it is a great search term, the number of words is not particularly relevant to value. It will have keyword search engine value and also type-in value.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT. The time now is 09:58 AM.

Site Sponsors
Your ad here
buy t-shirt
מחיר הזהב

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0
Copyright idnforums.com 2005

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54