IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > Regional Specific Discussion > Русские Доменные Имена

Русские Доменные Имена Discussion on native Russian IDN domain names

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th January 2007, 07:28 PM

filmlion is an unknown quantity at this point
.net value in idn?

read subj.

the question is: what is the % of idn .com domain's price could be the same idn .net domain?

examples? thoughts? arguments?

please, it's important for me because i found so many premium .net rissuam idn-s - but don't if they really cost anything in compare with their .com equivalents.

no commonly knowly truth on this yet?

Last edited by filmlion; 5th January 2007 at 08:46 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 5th January 2007, 09:29 PM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough
Re: .net value in idn?

Your an SEO expert and probably have a good opinion on this, but here is my take on the subject.

1) Most all domainers prefer the .com, but I have heard it said that the .net works well verbally in many languages. Although .net acutally equals "network", more probably think it is short for 'internet', which is a transliteral in many languages. Also, people that are professional domainers are really jaded to .com and end users may not be as advert to using it if the .com is not available.

2) There are lots of successful .net sites so they can work. You can build a great site off key terms, add some advertising to get traffic, use SEO, add links and update your content yto build a successful site and get repeat traffic. If you have a great site, people with come. A goood example is our very own idntools.net.

2) Product terms- I am strong on booking .nets for product terms if the .com is gone. I am hoping that either the "same" company that buys the .com will also want the .net, or that a competitor that missed out on getting the .com will "settle" for the .net.

If I am in the business of selling "gifts" or "boots" or "sunglasses" or whatever, I would want LOTS of good website URLs, and then point them to my "main site".

Last edited by bwhhisc; 5th January 2007 at 09:41 PM..
Old 5th January 2007, 09:37 PM

good points there, bwhhisc. i guess i'll test buy some really good ones i found and will try to resell them to fund my next idn purchases. Thanks!
Old 5th January 2007, 10:03 PM

yanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to yanni Send a message via Skype™ to yanni

To add to what bwhhisc said, the .net would most likely be a longer term type of investment, rather than an opportunity to "flip", generally speaking.
Old 5th January 2007, 10:57 PM

you think it would be hard for me to resell very good idn.net domains?
Old 5th January 2007, 11:03 PM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by filmlion
you think it would be hard for me to resell very good idn.net domains?
Lately there have been a lot of .nets offered, many by people that are also holding (and not selling) the .com.

If you can turn up enough good names and put a good value on them you may be able to sell quite a few.
But if you expectations are too high, you need to be prepared to drop price if you need to flip them, or hold them
until market conditions strengthen. If any of the rumoured portfolio deals are true, there could be a bunch more
interest in IDNs before long.
Old 6th January 2007, 03:03 AM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

.net's have been the most sold on this forum.

Last edited by blastfromthepast; 6th January 2007 at 03:14 AM..
Old 6th January 2007, 03:37 AM

yanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to yanni Send a message via Skype™ to yanni

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastfromthepast
.net's have been the most sold on this forum.
Because there are no equivalent .com offerings

Also, what's the percentage ratio between those posted and sold?
Old 6th January 2007, 03:43 AM

yes, i am afraid to buy a bunch of .net-s and then after a failure in reselling them sit and wait with no money to fund my a little worse but still great .com domains. ) but still will try- these are reallllllllllly good ones. keep your eyes open - commercial, one-word .net domains with over 100k searches are coming!
Old 6th January 2007, 03:44 AM
мембер

glow is on a distinguished roadglow is on a distinguished roadglow is on a distinguished roadglow is on a distinguished roadglow is on a distinguished roadglow is on a distinguished road

Many great russian idn.net are still available
Old 6th January 2007, 04:29 AM

one-word .net domains with over 100k searches? will you buy those? or do you have more requirements? let me know - i can offer about 20 already, some are also commercial terms.
Old 6th January 2007, 04:49 AM
мембер

glow is on a distinguished roadglow is on a distinguished roadglow is on a distinguished roadglow is on a distinguished roadglow is on a distinguished roadglow is on a distinguished road

try to develop a russian idn.net if you have seo experience why not, good way for latecomers of idn market, imo
Old 6th January 2007, 05:54 AM

seo requires much time, for very popular words it would require even more time for any sensible results to come. idn.com name would help, of course, but not much. however, it makes sense to get much less competitive keyword idn-s and optimize them, who knows maybe i'll be a first idn domain to appear on the first page of some big SE's SERP. great challenge. worth to think about it. i am too busy right now, but maybe later i'll get more time on weekends and will work on it. thanks for your thoughts.
Old 6th January 2007, 05:59 AM

Fka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
seo requires much time, for very popular words it would require even more time for any sensible results to come. idn.com name would help, of course, but not much. however, it makes sense to get much less competitive keyword idn-s and optimize them, who knows maybe i'll be a first idn domain to appear on the first page of some big SE's SERP. great challenge. worth to think about it. i am too busy right now, but maybe later i'll get more time on weekends and will work on it. thanks for your thoughts.
Many people on here have had their idn.jp on the first page of yahoo.jp searches, i think without any SEO!

I've personally had better luck with traffic from Yahoo for some of my IDNs, but would love to learn a little more SEO. Trying to learn so I can share some ideas/experiments with some members here, but don't want to say anything without being certain!
Old 6th January 2007, 06:19 AM

that's good. didn't see any idns on the top page of google, yandex and even yahoo yet... if someone sees - let me know please - i'llanalyze the situation and maybe will give a better idea how important is idn domain for that purpose.

Fka200 - "without any seo". ) that was funny. ))) if you send me the link of that page with results, i'll explain you that it was made very much with seo.
Old 6th January 2007, 06:30 AM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Fka200 - "without any seo". ) that was funny. ))) if you send me the link of that page with results, i'll explain you that it was made very much with seo.
http://search.yahoo.co.jp/search?p=%...-jp&search.x=1

Without any SEO. First page of Yahoo Japan.
Old 6th January 2007, 11:21 AM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Trying to SEO with ASCII in and IDN environment will be like playing cards when you opponents have all the Trump cards.
Old 6th January 2007, 11:54 AM

burnsinternet is an unknown quantity at this point

Once in a while, I will pick up a .net (or .info or whatever), but you should really be looking for .com in Russian. I get the .net if I know I can use it for a web site and it is a very strong term.

Maybe you wonder why there are so many good .net Russian available? We all passed them up long ago. I have a long list of dot nets to grab if I ever want them. Get the .nets if you can develop them. Otherwise, go look for .coms. Just my advice...

I registered these today (Jan 6 2007), because it has been cold lately, and I was thinking about the Snows.

xn--c1adxp.net снег.net SNOW Yandex 157,493
xn--g1ajgaj.com мороз.com FROST Yandex 381,648
Old 6th January 2007, 12:03 PM

sakillll is an unknown quantity at this point

As you saying you found .net is available
it pass a long time that can prove its .com is not strong enough
Old 2nd February 2007, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastfromthepast
http://search.yahoo.co.jp/search?p=%...-jp&search.x=1

Without any SEO. First page of Yahoo Japan.

bad example, all domains there are not idn domains. try again.

give me a russian idn domain which made it to the top of SE (google, yahoo or yandex or other less big) with or without seo, doesn't matter.

the example you were trying to give with your huy.com хуй.com was also a fake. it's not there too.

i am pretty confident idn name would matter, maybe if it's a quality idn-domain site competing for an average keyword the chances of getting to the top page are quite good.