IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | idntools | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > General Domains > General Domain Names Discussion

General Domain Names Discussion For non Multilingual International Domain Name discussions. This is the place to post about normal .com .net .org .info .biz .us .tv etc.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 7th January 2007, 10:56 AM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 7,864
iTrader: (60)
Rep Power: 2190
bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough
.mobi names being unlocked

A bit of "breaking news"... on the controvercial .mobi

http://www.domainnews.com/general/18...l-be-unlocked/
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 7th January 2007, 04:06 PM
sarcle's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 3,717
iTrader: (22)
Rep Power: 1717
sarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enough
Re: .mobi names being unlocked

Hm... that's weird. Am I wrong on the date? They still show them being locked for me. Today is the 7th correct? Considering FURCSAVIDEO.mobi is still locked and on the premium domain list. I have to ask WTF is FURCSAVIDEO anyways? The .com is available. Why would this be on the reserved list? The other one that's weird is funnyvizual.mobi? What is that? .com is available again. .mobi what a joke.
__________________
I can hear the death rattle of fiat from here...
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 7th January 2007, 06:27 PM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 7,864
iTrader: (60)
Rep Power: 2190
bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough
Re: .mobi names being unlocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcle
Hm... that's weird. Am I wrong on the date? They still show them being locked for me. Today is the 7th correct? Considering FURCSAVIDEO.mobi is still locked and on the premium domain list. I have to ask WTF is FURCSAVIDEO anyways? The .com is available. Why would this be on the reserved list? The other one that's weird is funnyvizual.mobi? What is that? .com is available again. .mobi what a joke.
A "furcsa" is a Hungarian word with 2.5 million google score, but I don't know what it means.
I guess they were trying to be PC to all nations. ha
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 7th January 2007, 07:04 PM
sarcle's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 3,717
iTrader: (22)
Rep Power: 1717
sarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enough
Re: .mobi names being unlocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhhisc
A "furcsa" is a Hungarian word with 2.5 million google score, but I don't know what it means.
I guess they were trying to be PC to all nations. ha
Here's what I found it to mean according to sztaki.hu

bizarre cockeyed comical curious dorky eccentric extraordinary fanciful freakish freaky funny grotesque kooky odd oddish outlandish peculiar quaint queer quizzical rum singular strange unusual way-out wayout weird whimsical

Even though "furcsa" itself has no google trends. And again is still available in the .com

furcsa.com itself wasn't even registered until 9-9-06. Probably after they saw the "premium" .mobi list hoping for a demand.
__________________
I can hear the death rattle of fiat from here...

Last edited by sarcle; 7th January 2007 at 07:06 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 7th January 2007, 07:49 PM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 7,864
iTrader: (60)
Rep Power: 2190
bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough
Re: .mobi names being unlocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcle
Here's what I found it to mean according to sztaki.hu

bizarre cockeyed comical curious dorky eccentric extraordinary fanciful freakish freaky funny grotesque kooky odd oddish outlandish peculiar quaint queer quizzical rum singular strange unusual way-out wayout weird whimsical

Even though "furcsa" itself has no google trends. And again is still available in the .com

furcsa.com itself wasn't even registered until 9-9-06. Probably after they saw the "premium" .mobi list hoping for a demand.
I guess it was very furcsa is got on the list in the first place!
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 7th January 2007, 07:53 PM
touchring's Avatar
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 7,547
iTrader: (29)
Rep Power: 1248
touchring is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: .mobi names being unlocked

Sounds funny, but did u check if the ascii version of your idn is available?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT. The time now is 11:13 PM.

Site Sponsors
Your ad here
buy idns
domain name lawyer
buy t-shirt
מחיר הזהב

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0
Copyright idnforums.com 2005

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54