IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th January 2007, 06:07 AM

sarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enough
Is this what we want for our IDNs? The "Big Goal"

I just looked at my adsense expecting nothing special I hardly make anything off of it, I use yahoo more because of this. But a big strange number in dollars earned startled me. Could it be, is that what I earned today?

Then I looked at the source of this thinking this is to good to be true. Someone found my sites and are clicking on them to try to get me banned; I've read those horror stories on the forums.

Long story short:

I just put up a little website looking for Japanese web developers not much information on the website itself. I thought it would do okay in the search engines but the site itself would have no chance for a top spot in the search engines considering it's a BIG term and there are heavily SEOed and promoted sites in this particular genre paying BIG DOLLARS to advertise.

A little after two weeks and I'm #10. There is no content, there is no seo work. I'm ranked in this spot simply because of this domain name. They are pouring in by the hundreds!

So here it is: 職業 (occupations)

Japanese Overture Score: 152.555 " Link " Normally it's over 200,000 but it's low this month for some reason.

Japanese Bids: ¥127 ¥126 ¥125

Google Trends:

Yahoo Search:

So, yeah I'm VERY EXCITED ABOUT THIS. Idns will take years? Guess again critics.

So what are you still in this thread for? Get your 'effing sites made now!
Old 19th January 2007, 06:19 AM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Is this what we want for our IDNs? The "Big Goal"

Nice, congrats.

Btw, so it works without contents?? That partly explains why yahoo is losing marketshare.
Old 19th January 2007, 06:23 AM

sarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchring
Btw, so it works without contents?? That partly explains why yahoo is losing market share.
I'm getting there. For the time being I may have to put up some wiki crap until the site is complete, I have big plans for it. And this is just the beginning.
Old 19th January 2007, 06:30 AM
Veteran

This is incredible, any comments Olney? Those of you with thousands of jp names, do you experience anything like this? Or is this an "algo flux"?
Old 19th January 2007, 06:33 AM

Quote:
This is incredible, any comments Olney? Those of you with thousands of jp names, do you experience anything like this? Or is this an "algo flux"?
It's not just on .jps it's on .coms too. I've a bunch of adult sites in top spots.
Old 19th January 2007, 06:36 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcle
It's not just on .jps it's on .coms too. I've a bunch of adult sites in top spots.

Ok, good news to me. I'm mostly on .coms.

Is it that any domain that is removed from parking can achieve top spots, or must something else be done?
Old 19th January 2007, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Ok, good news to me. I'm mostly on .coms.

Is it that any domain that is removed from parking can achieve top spots, or must something else be done?
As you can see from the site I'm not doing anything special with it. It's plain and simple. Like I said I have plans in the making for it currently but I certainly didn't exect this to rank like it did so fast.
Old 19th January 2007, 06:46 AM
A.W.O.L

Olney has a little shameless behaviour in the past

This is the experience many of us are getting.
I would highly suggest using more than 3 pages, Adsense Japan emailed me to add more pages to comply with standards. I have a long record with them (Adsense US) so they gave me a friendly "get it right" email.

I really suggest people develop a few sites for testing. This is happening with us & Yahoo! Japan but the same thing could apply for Baidu, Yandex etc.

Keep links to other sites to a minimum.

Congrats Sarcle.
Old 19th January 2007, 06:50 AM

yanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to yanni Send a message via Skype™ to yanni

Nice going Adam. I would try beefing up the content there right now in order to maintain your position or even better it.

There's free content out there.
Old 19th January 2007, 06:55 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olney
This is the experience many of us are getting.
I would highly suggest using more than 3 pages, Adsense Japan emailed me to add more pages to comply with standards. I have a long record with them (Adsense US) so they gave me a friendly "get it right" email.

I really suggest people develop a few sites for testing. This is happening with us & Yahoo! Japan but the same thing could apply for Baidu, Yandex etc.

Keep links to other sites to a minimum.

Congrats Sarcle.

Yup, 2nd time i get this "get it right - within 3 working days" email - just imagine if the mail gets spam filtered!
Old 19th January 2007, 06:59 AM

Neptune is an unknown quantity at this point

nice.. good news

also who are you hosting with?
Old 19th January 2007, 06:59 AM

thegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to thegenius1

Quote:
I just looked at my adsense expecting nothing special I hardly make anything off of it, I use yahoo more because of this. But a big strange number in dollars earned startled me. Could it be, is that what I earned today?

Then I looked at the source of this thinking this is to good to be true. Someone found my sites and are clicking on them to try to get me banned; I've read those horror stories on the forums.

Long story short:

I just put up a little website looking for Japanese web developers not much information on the website itself. I thought it would do okay in the search engines but the site itself would have no chance for a top spot in the search engines considering it's a BIG term and there are heavily SEOed and promoted sites in this particular genre paying BIG DOLLARS to advertise.

A little after two weeks and I'm #10. There is no content, there is no seo work. I'm ranked in this spot simply because of this domain name. They are pouring in by the hundreds!

So here it is: 職業 (occupations)

Japanese Overture Score: 152.555 " Link " Normally it's over 200,000 but it's low this month for some reason.

Japanese Bids: ¥127 ¥126 ¥125

Google Trends:

Yahoo Search:

So, yeah I'm VERY EXCITED ABOUT THIS. Idns will take years? Guess again critics.

So what are you still in this thread for? Get your 'effing sites made now!

I think that theory has some credibilty , i often wonder why some days i get click thru rate FROM 150-400 % , i think you hit the nail on the head. Their are some people out there that are pissed , so the question is what do we do about it ?
Old 19th January 2007, 07:02 AM

Thanks everyone. Like I said, I am in the plans right now for this to be a real site.

I put up just basic info for the time being to hopefully get a few emails from website developers, I never expected this. I'm sure with the money this is making from adsense they will be checking this site soon.

So what I need right now I guess until I can get this site fully developed is some decent content pertaining to this domain name itself. I don't want to just "borrow" wiki info and get docked for duplicate content, does anyone know where you can get free japanese articles?

Thanks again, this just prooves that the names themselves are doing the work. What's inside the site doesn't really matter to get ranked. But now that I am, I need to get something and fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune
nice.. good news

also who are you hosting with?
Hostgator.

Last edited by sarcle; 19th January 2007 at 07:10 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 19th January 2007, 07:12 AM

thegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to thegenius1

Quote:

Thanks again, this just prooves that the names themselves are doing the work. What's inside the site doesn't really matter to get ranked. But now that I am, I need to get something and fast.

Hostgator.
Shhhhhh!!!!! b4 the idiots wake up !
Old 19th January 2007, 07:24 AM

yanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to yanni Send a message via Skype™ to yanni

Adam, check you PM.
Old 19th January 2007, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanni
Adam, check you PM.
Yanni, you are the best. Thanks for the help. Much appreciated.

Well, right now it's late. I'm going to go dream of the adsense dollars this is going to rack up through the night and put real content on it tomorrow.

Anyone else with hints or tips feel free to add them. We are all on this ride called IDN.

Plus post your sites. Let's see 'em.
Old 19th January 2007, 07:29 AM
A.W.O.L

Olney has a little shameless behaviour in the past

What's inside the side does matter. Make the content really relevant.
Also Sarcle you gave a great reason why I keep saying use Google Analytics, it shows a clear world graph with dots for where your users are.

You can acurately & quickly see where they are coming from.
Old 19th January 2007, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olney
What's inside the side does matter. Make the content really relevant.
Also Sarcle you gave a great reason why I keep saying use Google Analytics, it shows a clear world graph with dots for where your users are.

You can acurately & quickly see where they are coming from.
Yes, it does matter to maintain stability in the rankings for sure. That is why I'm going to get the relevant content as quickly as I can, but my eyes are closing at the moment.

And yes Google Analytics is a great tool.
Old 19th January 2007, 08:01 AM

markits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enough

IDN rocks!
IDN will be successful by it's own.

IDN pioneers and believers of native English speakers are truly the rocking kind.
Old 19th January 2007, 08:22 AM
Semi-retired

alpha has disabled reputation

It feels good being a moonie