IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | idntools | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > General Domains > General Domain Names Discussion

General Domain Names Discussion For non Multilingual International Domain Name discussions. This is the place to post about normal .com .net .org .info .biz .us .tv etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th January 2007, 10:18 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
Invest.Mobi closes at $22,500

Auctioned Sedo.

This has to be a clear marker that the dot Mobi market is slowing even for high end Generics.
Old 24th January 2007, 10:43 PM

yanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to yanni Send a message via Skype™ to yanni
Re: Invest.Mobi closes at $22,500

If we were to assume that .mobi would service the mobile end-user exclusively, "invest" would not be considered a high-end term for someone on the go.

At least, I wouldn't think so. But overall, I agree with the .mobi slow-down recently. It could also be an across-the-board slow down in domain sales affecting this.
Old 25th January 2007, 12:07 AM

Wot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck
Auctioned Sedo.

This has to be a clear marker that the dot Mobi market is slowing even for high end Generics.

You simply just don't like .mobi. do you!

What's not to like - $20 to $22,500 in a couple of months - seems like the sort of business most of us dream about.
Old 25th January 2007, 01:34 AM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wot

What's not to like - $20 to $22,500 in a couple of months - seems like the sort of business most of us dream about.
I am not saying that, but is you take the ratios of what Mobis have fetched and what the equivalent dot com might be expected to fetch, this comes in below par in my book.

Flowers.com, what do think $2M to $5million say 10 to 25 times for dot com. That would put Invest.com at $225K to $560K. I would think we are about a factor of 10 out there somewhere, but Yannis point that this may not be the best keyword for mobile browsing may have some validity.

I do think, however, there is clear evidence that the dot Mobi bubble which clearly outpaced fundamentals is certainly deflating a bit.
Old 25th January 2007, 01:46 AM

Wot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck
I am not saying that, but is you take the ratios of what Mobis have fetched and what the equivalent dot com might be expected to fetch, this comes in below par in my book.

Flowers.com, what do think $2M to $5million say 10 to 25 times for dot com. That would put Invest.com at $225K to $560K. I would think we are about a factor of 10 out there somewhere, but Yannis point that this may not be the best keyword for mobile browsing may have some validity.

I do think, however, there is clear evidence that the dot Mobi bubble which clearly outpaced fundamentals is certainly deflating a bit.

I think you will see the fire really stoked up at the upcoming Moniker/Traffic auction - wonder which .mobi gems will be put up for sale there?

IDN's at the auction will be also rans - BUT - just watch that same space next year JMO
Old 25th January 2007, 04:45 AM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wot

Invest.mobi at $22,500 is a hell of a price, i personally wouldn't pay more than $500 for such a name. :o
Old 25th January 2007, 05:14 AM

ScottFish is an unknown quantity at this point

Its a very nice price.

Next step for mobi to continue strength...
well, there must be some usage here! We do see some nice developed sites, and when I open up my Money Magazine, I see a footer advertisement for "CNNmoney.mobi" - this is the kind of stuff that is nice to see!

For .mobi to really take off, it must become a required part of the mobile web, at this point, it isn't just yet. I think we have some time to go before we see a huge price spike, but it will come.
Old 25th January 2007, 05:33 AM

dabsi is a tad dodgydabsi is a tad dodgydabsi is a tad dodgy

IT's not black it's not white, it#s red, blue, yellow....

Premium domains are allways worth to have, .com .mobi .eu .net .de .co.uk. and IDNs.

But before taking italy.com in arabic take rather pizza.mobi

DABSI
Old 25th January 2007, 05:39 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabsi
But before taking italy.com in arabic take rather pizza.mobi

DABSI

Well, i'm still waiting for my christmas present.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottFish
For .mobi to really take off, it must become a required part of the mobile web, at this point, it isn't just yet. I think we have some time to go before we see a huge price spike, but it will come.

Mobile internet is taking off soon. The OEM factories in China move very quickly, in a year's time, you'll see phones better than iphone flooding the market.

Last edited by touchring; 25th January 2007 at 05:56 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 25th January 2007, 11:57 AM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchring
Mobile internet is taking off soon. The OEM factories in China move very quickly, in a year's time, you'll see phones better than iphone flooding the market.
I think you are right. My son just upgraded to a Verizon phone with the better part of an entire computer keyboard.
The screen is still too small for typical ppc advertising but I can see the potential of being able to access the internet 100% for information from just about anywhere you can get a signal.
Old 25th January 2007, 12:24 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhhisc
I think you are right. My son just upgraded to a Verizon phone with the better part of an entire computer keyboard.
The screen is still too small for typical ppc advertising but I can see the potential of being able to access the internet 100% for information from just about anywhere you can get a signal.

I think i saw a china cellphone thread with pictures last year, found it - http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...+mobile+phones

The OEM makers are coming out with their own brands. Some of the phones look like likes of Motorola or Ericsson - probably the OEM just alter the cover a little and stamp their own brands on them.

The designs probably won't look too fantastic, but the low cost will drive market adoption.
Old 25th January 2007, 12:55 PM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough

Touchring, your link requires signin etc..

Found a picture of the phone with keyboard. Its actually pretty small in size, you can hit zoom and get a larger image here on link.
Final cost was only $50 after $50 rebate. The phone has a camera and built in MP3 player as well.

http://www.1800mobiles.com/lg-vx9800...ess-phone.html
Old 25th January 2007, 02:44 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhhisc
Touchring, your link requires signin etc..

Found a picture of the phone with keyboard. Its actually pretty small in size, you can hit zoom and get a larger image here on link.
Final cost was only $50 after $50 rebate. The phone has a camera and built in MP3 player as well.

http://www.1800mobiles.com/lg-vx9800...ess-phone.html

Screen is too small. Anyway, i'm not one of one of blueberry fans. I got myself a Handspring in 2000, left over from a J2ME project, ended up using it for only an hour or so and then give up, and today it's still in the drawer.
Old 25th January 2007, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchring
Screen is too small. Anyway, i'm not one of one of blueberry fans. I got myself a Handspring in 2000, left over from a J2ME project, ended up using it for only an hour or so and then give up, and today it's still in the drawer.
These college kids don't seem to have any probelm at all with these.
In fact they get pretty darn good at typing etc. Probably get some new type
of carpal-pecker syndrome.