IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th February 2007, 05:14 PM

ScottFish is an unknown quantity at this point
fìx.com is on auction @ Sedo (IDN)

UPDATE: Final Price $46,001 USD

Another IDN listing that is getting a lot of attention on SEDO.

http://www.sedo.com/auction/auction_...uction_id=5400

The real ascii version of fix.com is listed on sedo for 2,500,000 $US.

Normally, I wouldnt note this, but the seller registered the name 4 days ago, obviously with the intent to sell immediately.

Last edited by ScottFish; 10th February 2007 at 08:14 PM..
Old 8th February 2007, 05:19 PM

xxbossmanxx is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to xxbossmanxx Send a message via MSN to xxbossmanxx Send a message via Skype™ to xxbossmanxx
Re: fìx.com is on auction @ Sedo (IDN)

Ha ha, looks like the "fix" is in.

That one is hard to see with the letter f hiding the I's diacritic nicely.
Old 8th February 2007, 05:39 PM
Administrator

thefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to thefabfive

No Offer Description for this one. Wonder why...
Old 8th February 2007, 05:45 PM

domainstosell is on a distinguished roaddomainstosell is on a distinguished roaddomainstosell is on a distinguished roaddomainstosell is on a distinguished roaddomainstosell is on a distinguished roaddomainstosell is on a distinguished road

There are a bunch up there, all with similar set-ups (like russìan, wìne, vìsa, etc.)

I figured it would be all the same person, but it looks like the whois is different on each of those.

Is there any way we can bring the fact that these are worthless scam domains to light? I think it gives a black eye to the IDN industry and really hurts us all in the long run...
Old 8th February 2007, 05:52 PM

alexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enoughalexd will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by domainstosell
Is there any way we can bring the fact that these are worthless scam domains to light? I think it gives a black eye to the IDN industry and really hurts us all in the long run...

I agree with you 100% here. Regular domainers will see things like this and get the impression that IDNs are used mostly for this kind of thing.

Sedo really need to get their act together with these, but I guess at the end of the day, they want as much commission from sales as they can.

Alex

Old 8th February 2007, 06:02 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexd
I agree with you 100% here. Regular domainers will see things like this and get the impression that IDNs are used mostly for this kind of thing.

Sedo really need to get their act together with these, but I guess at the end of the day, they want as much commission from sales as they can.

Alex
If anybody is damaging the industry it is Sedo. They can transact fraudulent phishing domains but will not accommodate the languages of some of the biggest Internet countries on Earth. Why are they so intrasigent. Well when they do get their act together and start talking the same language as the rest of us, then should not be surprised if they have difficulty getting anyone to listen!
Old 8th February 2007, 06:08 PM

Fka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enough

I am thinking of posting a topic @ NP and DP and asking mods to make it a sticky.... but it would be nice if one of our senior members wrote something up real quick using live examples of IDNs etc.
Old 8th February 2007, 06:43 PM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

SEDO drops the ball, yet again.
Old 8th February 2007, 07:11 PM

Send a message via AIM to xxbossmanxx Send a message via MSN to xxbossmanxx Send a message via Skype™ to xxbossmanxx

I hate sedo so much that I built my own domain auction site. I will mod the site and code to whatever my members need and want! http://www.idnbay.com is the new future of idn domain sales! Down with sedo.
Old 8th February 2007, 07:15 PM

IDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to IDNCowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fka200
I am thinking of posting a topic @ NP and DP and asking mods to make it a sticky.... but it would be nice if one of our senior members wrote something up real quick using live examples of IDNs etc.
All SEDO did during the last tirade is put a one line text sentence saying "This is a Multilingual Domain Name"

They'll do anything to make their cut
Old 10th February 2007, 07:04 PM

Looks like the name will sell for almost 35k , Insane how stupid people are.
Old 10th February 2007, 07:10 PM
Veteran

Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbossmanxx
Looks like the name will sell for almost 35k , Insane how stupid people are.
Brilliant. Those should evoke plenty of discussion!

I am assuming that those that can afford to pour over $30K down the toilet, must at least think they know what they are doing!
Old 10th February 2007, 07:30 PM

It'll be interesting to see what happens to this.

I cant see overpriced and misunderstood IDNs selling so freely like this for too long. Some-how, there will have to be education by the marketplaces taking place.
Old 10th February 2007, 07:37 PM
Administrator

bramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to bramiozo Send a message via Skype™ to bramiozo

Several topics on namepros, idnforums and dnforum, several emails from different
people, several cancelled sales, I guess the next thing is a lawsuit.
Old 10th February 2007, 07:43 PM

wow this one could hit $50k
Old 10th February 2007, 07:56 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottFish
It'll be interesting to see what happens to this.

I cant see overpriced and misunderstood IDNs selling so freely like this for too long. Some-how, there will have to be education by the marketplaces taking place.
Yes, it may take something like this to get some of the stupid buggers to take any notice!
Old 10th February 2007, 07:58 PM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough

To sell these mix script IDN is a sad reflection on SEDO. The seller hasn't even hidden the who.is, so he may be as unknowledgable as the buyer. He did however use a PO Box, and no email.

I wrote to Ron Jackson at DNJournal to see if he will expose this practice and maybe put some "editorial" pressure on SEDO that will get them to stop allowing these type of sales.
It is really going to give IDN sales a black eye, and make potential buyers suspicious. Even EBAY has cleaned up their act it seems.
Anyone else wishing to write, Ron's email is: editor@dnjournal.com

EMAIL TO RON WITH LINK TO THIS THREAD.
Ron, the IDN community is appauled at this type sale going on time and time again.
Maybe you can write an article bringing to light that SEDO continues to allow these sales.
They have also been "informed" that these mixed scripts are pretty much 100% worthless.
Regards, BW

Last edited by bwhhisc; 10th February 2007 at 08:29 PM..
Old 10th February 2007, 08:01 PM

I wonder if this sale will be included on DNjournal?
Old 10th February 2007, 08:57 PM

joke, and I try to build the sedo of idn with any feature or option anybody wants but nobody cares. Im getting depressed with web dev. fuk em
Old 10th February 2007, 09:35 PM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbossmanxx
I try to build the sedo of idn with any feature or option anybody wants but nobody cares. Im getting depressed with web dev. fuk em
Don't get depressed. Beat them at their own game.