IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | idntools | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Parking and Affiliate Programs > NameDrive

NameDrive For discussion of NameDrive's parking program. NameDrive offers an IDN compatible parking program to monetize your domains via PPC.
Click here for NameDrive Signup

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th February 2006, 11:32 PM
Veteran

gammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished road
IDN displayed as unicode in Namedrive account control panel

Gosh, this makes looking through the portfolio much easier.

Well done Ed!
Old 13th February 2006, 11:35 PM
Administrator

thefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to thefabfive
Really? Any special trick to making it work to chaning the display to unicode? Mine was still punycode the last time I checked.

Unicode would be great! They really have their act together at Namedrive.
Old 13th February 2006, 11:54 PM

Edwin is on a distinguished roadEdwin is on a distinguished roadEdwin is on a distinguished roadEdwin is on a distinguished roadEdwin is on a distinguished roadEdwin is on a distinguished road
Check it again... AFAIK it only went live in the last half hour or so.
Old 14th February 2006, 12:00 AM

sarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enough
Yes, that is great news for sure.

Thanks.
Old 14th February 2006, 12:13 AM

yanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to yanni Send a message via Skype™ to yanni
Wow, was just there and I didn't even notice!

Definately makes things easier.
Old 14th February 2006, 12:15 AM
Administrator

thefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to thefabfive
Wow, much better than before. Still can't make out the Thai domains though. :p
Old 14th February 2006, 01:19 AM

yanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to yanni Send a message via Skype™ to yanni
And now, Domaisite displays the domain name in their traffic section. Also helpful.
Old 14th February 2006, 04:27 AM
мембер

glow is on a distinguished roadglow is on a distinguished roadglow is on a distinguished roadglow is on a distinguished roadglow is on a distinguished roadglow is on a distinguished road
Great News! That is what I waited for
Old 14th February 2006, 06:25 AM

alex is an unknown quantity at this point
Very nice. I just recently contacted Ed to chime in about IDN support. I'm glad to see he's continuing to move forward.
Old 14th February 2006, 10:16 AM
Administrator

bramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to bramiozo Send a message via Skype™ to bramiozo
I was just becoming good in memorizing the punycode....

NameDrive is going for a full implementation (read: acceptance) of IDN and that's an industry first, sedo has been sitting on their ass with this for the past year or so , namedrive is giving them a lesson in work ethics .

Last edited by bramiozo; 14th February 2006 at 10:18 AM..
Old 16th February 2006, 11:14 AM

NameDrive is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi there,

Glad to hear that our small efforts are appreciated

To tell you the truth, I'm a little disappointed as I did actually believe that we would be offering full, full support - i.e. with the search box and keyword entry in unicode working as well.
However, having talked to our tech guys, they have pointed out to me that this requires an absolute overhaul of our entire database which is a lengthy, delicate and risky process. Something a non-tech guy like me was not aware of.
It does seem we're taking steps in the right direction and I'm delighted that you guys are so far happy with how we're progressing. The next step - i.e. full implementation - is a Neil Armstrong-sized leap for NameDriveKind and, as mentioned elsewhere, we are primarily focussed on the world of Latin characters. We still have projects outstanding from November for these markets and it is our main priority.
Having said this, IDN implementation has not left our minds and we are in talks with Google at the moment as to how best to proceed with them on this.

We'll keep you posted how things progress.

Ed
Old 22nd February 2006, 02:15 AM

Kerrijo is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: IDN displayed as unicode in Namedrive account control panel

If your page is parked on domainsite, (I only have the BASIC service) have any of you noticed when you visit your page and click on the "Enquire About xn--blahblahblah" it takes you to another page that begins with:

Name.net will forward offers to the domain holder and you will receive a response with an acceptance offer, a counter offer, or a message that the current domain holder has no interest in your solicitation. A reply to your query will be returned to you as quickly as 10 minutes or as slowly as 48 hours.

Currently, Name.net will not forward offers on this name for less than $90.00.
Old 22nd February 2006, 02:32 AM

IDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to IDNCowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerrijo
If your page is parked on domainsite, (I only have the BASIC service) have any of you noticed when you visit your page and click on the "Enquire About xn--blahblahblah" it takes you to another page that begins with:

Name.net will forward offers to the domain holder and you will receive a response with an acceptance offer, a counter offer, or a message that the current domain holder has no interest in your solicitation. A reply to your query will be returned to you as quickly as 10 minutes or as slowly as 48 hours.

Currently, Name.net will not forward offers on this name for less than $90.00.
huh? Some parking pages let you sell your domain right from the parking page... (moniker etc)this has nothing to do with the topic... anyways about name.net - they don't want to deal with small amounts cause the commission won't make it worth it... its not obligating you to sell it for a $90 offer.. You could ask for way more... or you could ask for less than $90.. Name.net jsut doesn't want to help you for less than $90.
Old 22nd February 2006, 02:36 AM

Edwin is on a distinguished roadEdwin is on a distinguished roadEdwin is on a distinguished roadEdwin is on a distinguished roadEdwin is on a distinguished roadEdwin is on a distinguished road

Having a (low) amount explicitly mentioned on the page will almost undoubtedly guarantee that all initial offers will be exactly $90 and also that if you counter with a "huge" (compared to $90) number potential buyers will run away. Doubly bad move.
Old 22nd February 2006, 02:45 AM

Kerrijo is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to be off topic :p I know how parked pages work - I didn't know that domainsite parked domains somewhere else (names.net) and I was shocked. Plus the $90 thing that's why I mentioned it, wondered if anyone else had checked theirs. I'm used to Sedo's and Afternic's where you are parked right on their server. I am going somewhere else for parking now.