IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd February 2007, 09:31 AM

Wot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enough
.asia - take advantage?

Your opinions please. Not an IDN story - yet!

Whatever you may think of the extension there will probably be a rush of pre regs/ landrush for .asia.

I have my own reseller at Domains.fm which will probably be able to offer .asia when the time comes.

I also own DomainRegistration.jp which will probably get a spin off , maybe. And the killer - AsiaDomainName.com which is already picking up fair traffic and will no doubt accelerate nearer launch time.

My question is- " should I take advantage of those names and the traffic they will likely bring by opening up for , and promoting, pre and post .asia registrations?

Or- should I just set up an affiliate and avoid all the hassle?

Or - neither of the above because somebody has a better idea?

Cheers,

Wot
Old 23rd February 2007, 11:17 AM

Fka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enough
Re: .asia - take advantage?

Wot, IMO take advantage in anyway you see best fit. This is still a business at the end of the day.
Old 23rd February 2007, 01:01 PM

MDM is on a distinguished roadMDM is on a distinguished roadMDM is on a distinguished roadMDM is on a distinguished roadMDM is on a distinguished roadMDM is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wot
Your opinions please. Not an IDN story - yet!

Whatever you may think of the extension there will probably be a rush of pre regs/ landrush for .asia.

I have my own reseller at Domains.fm which will probably be able to offer .asia when the time comes.

I also own DomainRegistration.jp which will probably get a spin off , maybe. And the killer - AsiaDomainName.com which is already picking up fair traffic and will no doubt accelerate nearer launch time.

My question is- " should I take advantage of those names and the traffic they will likely bring by opening up for , and promoting, pre and post .asia registrations?

Or- should I just set up an affiliate and avoid all the hassle?

Or - neither of the above because somebody has a better idea?

Cheers,

Wot
Where and when .asia names can be registered?
Old 23rd February 2007, 01:28 PM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

These kinds of rhetorical questions get asked by Wot to show off his domains, he's not looking for a yes, no, answer.
Old 23rd February 2007, 11:33 PM

Wot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastfromthepast
These kinds of rhetorical questions get asked by Wot to show off his domains, he's not looking for a yes, no, answer.
Not correct - I was asking advice from my peers who have more experience than I, if that is how you feel there really is no need to respond in this way- or do you have some other agenda?
Old 24th February 2007, 01:12 AM

mdw is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wot
.....And the killer - AsiaDomainName.com which is already picking up fair traffic and will no doubt accelerate nearer launch time......
If you have some spare change for a marketing campaign I would certainly try to attract some people to reg .asia domains with your company at this domain.

Having said this I wonder why post on an IDN forum? Dot asia is gonna be an ASCII rollout!
Old 24th February 2007, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdw
If you have some spare change for a marketing campaign I would certainly try to attract some people to reg .asia domains with your company at this domain.

Having said this I wonder why post on an IDN forum? Dot asia is gonna be an ASCII rollout!

Initial launch yes - and I did illustrate that with the first line of the post "Your opinions please. Not an IDN story - yet!"