IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names

IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names (http://www.idnforums.com/forums/)
-   Browser, Mobile & Software (http://www.idnforums.com/forums/browser-mobile-and-software/)
-   -   IE7 Auto Updates (http://www.idnforums.com/forums/9558-ie7-auto-updates.html)

Rubber Duck 2nd March 2007 03:39 PM

IE7 Auto Updates
 
Has this process stalled? I cannot find any statistical evidence of recent IE7 growth.

Is the High Priortiy Security Update actually causing more problems that the Viruses it is supposed to be protecting us from?

sarcle 2nd March 2007 03:46 PM

Re: IE7 Auto Updates
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rubber Duck
Has this process stalled. I cannot find any statistical evidence of recent IE7 growth.

Is the High Priority Security Update actually causing more problems that the Viruses it is supposed to be protecting us from?

I can't find the article right now. But they have down listed it as a "High-Priority" update. It will still come up on users computers as an upgrade but not mentioned as high-priority. Seems now that Vista is out they can't compete with themselves.

As far as the Asian Versions they are still on schedule for Q2 or spring which falls this month on the 21st.

I can't get an answer to whether they have "ramped" up their downloading speed but last I heard it was a million users a day. For the US alone that would take a year to get to everyone.

Rubber Duck 2nd March 2007 04:05 PM

Re: IE7 Auto Updates
 
I think I remember seeing that Microsoft were planning on providing servers in China, as well as the US. If they don't access speeds there will cripple the whole system.


Quote:

Originally Posted by sarcle
I can't find the article right now. But they have down listed it as a "High-Priority" update. It will still come up on users computers as an upgrade but not mentioned as high-priority. Seems now that Vista is out they can't compete with themselves.

As far as the Asian Versions they are still on schedule for Q2 or spring which falls this month on the 21st.

I can't get an answer to whether they have "ramped" up their downloading speed but last I heard it was a million users a day. For the US alone that would take a year to get to everyone.


sarcle 2nd March 2007 04:14 PM

Re: IE7 Auto Updates
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rubber Duck
I think I remember seeing that Microsoft were planning on providing servers in China, as well as the US. If they don't access speeds there will cripple the whole system.

Yeah, that was their intent. They were supposed to beef up their servers globally to speed up the process. But I have yet to read an article or hear from Microsoft themselves that they have done so.

It will be interesting to see how things progress these next few weeks that's for sure. If not, IE9 will be out by the time IE7 gets to everyone and they'll all have a cracked version of Vista anyways. :)

Rubber Duck 2nd March 2007 04:17 PM

Re: IE7 Auto Updates
 
Don't worry, I am sure they will install an extra hard-drive and add a bit more memory to get up to the minimum Vista Spec. :)

sarcle 2nd March 2007 04:26 PM

Re: IE7 Auto Updates
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rubber Duck
Don't worry, I am sure they will install an extra hard-drive and add a bit more memory to get up to the minimum Vista Spec. :)

Well, Micro$oft is getting chincy and not putting out. Everyone is getting sick of waiting. Mostly the consumers. Piracy is at an all-time high with Torrent sites so easy to use. They (Microsoft) have do do something.

I don't really blame the consumers either. They've been waiting 5 years for a safer upgrade to their Internet browsing and now that it's out they aren't getting it. Micro$oft has no one to blame but themselves.

Rubber Duck 2nd March 2007 04:30 PM

Re: IE7 Auto Updates
 
The EU is getting pretty pissed off with them, it is only a matter of time before there is some kind of Trans European Software Project to kick them out the door.

They won't get any sympathy here either when the UK Sterling Prices carry the same Numbers as the US dollar prices. Just how f*cking stupid does he think we all are?

sarcle 2nd March 2007 04:35 PM

Re: IE7 Auto Updates
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rubber Duck
Just how f*cking stupid does he think we all are?

Well considering what we've seen so far, I think the answer is clear.

The problem with M$ is denial or "delusions of grandeur" whichever you prefer. They honestly believe there is no one that can compete with them and that is usually the beginning of the end for a company.


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0
Copyright idnforums.com 2005


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54