View Single Post
Old 1st December 2007, 08:59 AM

jacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jacksonm Send a message via Skype™ to jacksonm
Re: IE7 AU Korea has kicked in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchring
Unlike in the West where English is the standard language (hack! i see Europeans writing better english than many americans on this forum), in contrary, most corporations in North East Asia are local, and only the minority are international.

Do you actually know the reason why foreigners often times write/speak better than natives?

The answer in many cases is because it's the only way they've been taught and experienced - they wouldn't know how to speak bad english if they wanted to.

I used to be a english-german translator between two large groups of mechanics who had to work together. The Germans used to always tell me that I spoke German like a professor and didn't need to be so formal, but I didn't know slang or colloquial speaking. After about 6 months, I had learned all sorts of bad language habits from them :-)