IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > IDN Domain Appraisals

IDN Domain Appraisals Appraisals by other members on International domain names.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 16th February 2006, 09:48 PM
huronargentino's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 337
iTrader: (1)
Rep Power: 536
huronargentino is an unknown quantity at this point
Yokohama

I got these 2 domains
横浜市.tv
and also the same but with the variation 横浜.tv

Its the japanese for YOKOHAMA

Yokohama is the capital city of Kanagawa Prefecture in Japan. It is Japan's largest incorporated city by population, Japan's largest seaport, and a commercial hub of the Greater Tokyo Area.

Some useful links

www.tvk-yokohama.com/
www.ytv.ne.jp/ YOKOHAMA TV CORPORATION
www.towntv.co.jp/ TOWN TELEVISION MINAMI-YOKOHAMA CO.,LTD.
www.catv-yokohama.ne.jp/ YOKOHAMA CABLEVISION
Yokohama TV Kyodo Choshi

I need to know the actual value of those domains as i got some offers.
Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 16th February 2006, 10:22 PM
Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,699
iTrader: (50)
Rep Power: 1249
gammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by huronargentino
I need to know the actual value of those domains as i got some offers.
Thanks
I would sell it now, or keep it for the much (much) longer haul.

京都.tv and 大阪.tv are both still available which indicates the current level of demand for those domains with the .tv extension.

Those two by the way, are arguably more valuable than Yokohama.tv
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 17th February 2006, 12:21 AM
huronargentino's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 337
iTrader: (1)
Rep Power: 536
huronargentino is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks
I purchased them also.

I think i will make a kind of ring for the Japanese TV

京都.tv and 大阪.tv and the one listed before
3 great domains!.

Thanks for the advice, its much appreciated
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 17th February 2006, 12:23 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,320
iTrader: (2)
Rep Power: 1438
IDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to IDNCowboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by huronargentino
Thanks
I purchased them also.

I think i will make a kind of ring for the Japanese TV

京都.tv and 大阪.tv and the one listed before
3 great domains!.

Thanks for the advice, its much appreciated
You don't understand. THere are way more cities. He wasn't pointing out that those were the only 2 available....... probably just about every city is still available in .tv so you still have a while to go before demand goes up.
__________________
$995/mo drop lists available.. will be hand delivered by a playboy bunny
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 17th February 2006, 12:25 AM
Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,699
iTrader: (50)
Rep Power: 1249
gammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff
You don't understand. THere are way more cities. He wasn't pointing out that those were the only 2 available....... probably just about every city is still available in .tv so you still have a while to go before demand goes up.
:-)

That's one way to increase demand...

I think the very big terms work right now, but it gets fuzzy once you start to wander outside of those.

Last edited by gammascalper; 17th February 2006 at 12:44 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 17th February 2006, 01:00 AM
huronargentino's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 337
iTrader: (1)
Rep Power: 536
huronargentino is an unknown quantity at this point
I do understand the poin Jeff
I like the .tv domains, i think some might be intrested in the near future
I have some generic terms such as anime.tv in japanese that had several offers to sale, included one from one of the main japanese anime networks.
I also have domains such as soccer.tv in japanese
shopping.tv
sports.tv
and some big cities.

I like the extension and TV its a great business in china and japan.
So i think that they might be valuable...
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 17th February 2006, 01:16 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,320
iTrader: (2)
Rep Power: 1438
IDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to IDNCowboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by huronargentino
I do understand the poin Jeff
I like the .tv domains, i think some might be intrested in the near future
I have some generic terms such as anime.tv in japanese that had several offers to sale, included one from one of the main japanese anime networks.
I also have domains such as soccer.tv in japanese
shopping.tv
sports.tv
and some big cities.

I like the extension and TV its a great business in china and japan.
So i think that they might be valuable...
i own around 20 .tv american domains (including 1 premium $500/yr domain) and they still aren't even popular here yet..........
__________________
$995/mo drop lists available.. will be hand delivered by a playboy bunny
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 17th February 2006, 01:20 AM
Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,699
iTrader: (50)
Rep Power: 1249
gammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by huronargentino
I have some generic terms such as anime.tv in japanese that had several offers to sale, included one from one of the main japanese anime networks.
Why don't you sell it to the main Japanese anime network and reinvest the proceeds in the equivalent Russian, Arabic, Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese, Hindi terms in .tv?

I checked a few big Chinese .tv which were taken, so there is definitely some interest in the extension, but at >$30(?) a year price point, it'll be much slower going than $7 a year .com/.net.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 17th February 2006, 01:42 AM
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: On the Road
Posts: 2,276
iTrader: (50)
Rep Power: 1221
thefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to thefabfive
I think .tv is catching on, at least in the US. In the few days I've seen more commercials with a .tv website. And NBC's Olympic coverage website is nbc4.tv

Definitely alot of potential there. But the $30/yr price tag does mean you have to be very selective.
__________________
IDN? What's an IDN?
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 17th February 2006, 06:34 AM
touchring's Avatar
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 7,547
iTrader: (29)
Rep Power: 1260
touchring is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes, i'm very selective, i took only the following:

中国.tv (China.tv)
日本.tv (Japan.tv)
العربية.tv (Al Arabic.tv)
français.tv
español.tv



What i did was really a coup - i took them only 2 weeks ago.

And to think that Verisign actually charges $50,000 a year for Japan.tv. $30 for 日本.tv isn't too expensive? I'll be more than happy to charge only $1000 a year for 日本.tv. :p

Last edited by touchring; 17th February 2006 at 06:48 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 17th February 2006, 06:50 AM
thegenius1's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: IDNaffiliates.com - IDNebook.com
Posts: 3,928
iTrader: (38)
Rep Power: 979
thegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to thegenius1
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchring
Yes, i'm very selective, i took only the following:

中国.tv (China.tv)
日本.tv (Japan.tv)
العربية.tv (Al Arabic.tv)
français.tv
español.tv



What i did was really a coup - i took them only 2 weeks ago.

And to think that Verisign actually charges $50,000 a year for Japan.tv. $30 for 日本.tv isn't too expensive? I'll be more than happy to charge only $1000 a year for 日本.tv. :p

Sounds like a plan to me, that is a Great Pick up noting that they charge 50k for the english version, when all us idners no that in due time 日本 , will be worth more then Japan .... just make me v
__________________
ウェブサイト.com
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 17th February 2006, 06:52 AM
touchring's Avatar
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 7,547
iTrader: (29)
Rep Power: 1260
touchring is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegenius1
Sounds like a plan to me, that is a Great Pick up noting that they charge 50k for the english version, when all us idners no that in due time 日本 , will be worth more then Japan .... just make me v
Yup, it's 50k a Year, not 50k transfer fee. While that's only a list price, but i think the lowest they can go is at least 10k a year.
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 19th February 2006, 04:46 AM
seamo's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: SA, Australia
Posts: 1,216
iTrader: (24)
Rep Power: 619
seamo is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Yokohama

huronargentino wrote:

"I have some generic terms such as anime.tv in japanese that had several offers to sale, included one from one of the main japanese anime networks."

That is AMAZING! If any one has any doubts about the future of IDN's, they needn't look any further!

Can I ask you huronargentino, how were you approached by the main japanese anime network? Did you have it up as a for sale page? Can I ask what they offered? - x,xxx, or xx,xxx? (answering that is of course completely up to you - don't ask though, you won't get an answer!)

I have some domains that I would like to offload to payback some of my investemnt in IDN's...any tips would be great!

Cheers
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 19th February 2006, 05:20 AM
huronargentino's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 337
iTrader: (1)
Rep Power: 536
huronargentino is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Yokohama

Well, i was surfin in a conected network they have with forums and other useful related information for the anime consumer public.
I registered there with my username アニメ.tv
and had at my sign the forum i own (idnpros.com)

They first send me a question if the domain was on sale and when replied they made an offer
It was a small one
not more than 3k
I wont let it go for that money.
Then have another offer a bit better but users seems that was not sure.
Then here in this forum had another one, but less than 3k
I wont sell it for that less. We all know the potencial of the IDNs and this one is hot!
Maybe in the future we can make with olney a premium package with アニメ.tv + アニメ.com hehehe
But know, i am looking for better offers.
I have no doubt that if i wait for some years (maybe 1 or 2) those offers will be multiplied, and for a nice amount!

But unluckly i live in sourth america and sometimes we need money, thats why i am sometimes doing sells that are really low for domains that are gold
but this one will be in my hands, at least until i get a XX.XXX offer on them
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 19th February 2006, 07:26 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,320
iTrader: (2)
Rep Power: 1438
IDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to IDNCowboy
Re: Yokohama

Quote:
Originally Posted by huronargentino
Well, i was surfin in a conected network they have with forums and other useful related information for the anime consumer public.
I registered there with my username アニメ.tv
and had at my sign the forum i own (idnpros.com)

They first send me a question if the domain was on sale and when replied they made an offer
It was a small one
not more than 3k
I wont let it go for that money.
Then have another offer a bit better but users seems that was not sure.
Then here in this forum had another one, but less than 3k
I wont sell it for that less. We all know the potencial of the IDNs and this one is hot!
Maybe in the future we can make with olney a premium package with アニメ.tv + アニメ.com hehehe
But know, i am looking for better offers.
I have no doubt that if i wait for some years (maybe 1 or 2) those offers will be multiplied, and for a nice amount!

But unluckly i live in sourth america and sometimes we need money, thats why i am sometimes doing sells that are really low for domains that are gold
but this one will be in my hands, at least until i get a XX.XXX offer on them
Good job.. However when you look for offers you have to realize that .tv is not equivalent to .com or .jp yet as many ppl on namepros haven't really had super high sales on english dictionary .tv words either.
__________________
$995/mo drop lists available.. will be hand delivered by a playboy bunny
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 19th February 2006, 08:01 AM
touchring's Avatar
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 7,547
iTrader: (29)
Rep Power: 1260
touchring is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Yokohama

.tv is a long term investment and will take off once internet goes to the TV set.

Though, i doubt anyone would pay more than $500 for an idn.tv at the moment, since there is virtually no type-in from this extension, unless solid proof is provided. ;-)
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 19th February 2006, 03:02 PM
donwebcorleone's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Posts: 110
iTrader: (0)
Rep Power: 0
donwebcorleone is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Yokohama

if it helps you, heres the tv guide by Yahoo. just check by cities, the default is Tokyo tv schedule, choose later by prefectures, smaller compared to the national ones in tokyo, but most prefectures have local tv station that uses their local programs with national programs. as in the US

http://tv.yahoo.co.jp/
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 19th February 2006, 04:39 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,320
iTrader: (2)
Rep Power: 1438
IDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to IDNCowboy
Re: Yokohama

Quote:
Originally Posted by donwebcorleone
if it helps you, heres the tv guide by Yahoo. just check by cities, the default is Tokyo tv schedule, choose later by prefectures, smaller compared to the national ones in tokyo, but most prefectures have local tv station that uses their local programs with national programs. as in the US

http://tv.yahoo.co.jp/
what extensions are ppl in japan familar with other than .com/.net/.jp/.co.jp ?

thanks
__________________
$995/mo drop lists available.. will be hand delivered by a playboy bunny
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 19th February 2006, 06:43 PM
rhys's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 2,043
iTrader: (25)
Rep Power: 706
rhys is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Yokohama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff
what extensions are ppl in japan familar with other than .com/.net/.jp/.co.jp ?

thanks
the obvious: ne.jp/ or.jp / .org / and to a small extent .tv
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 19th February 2006, 06:44 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,320
iTrader: (2)
Rep Power: 1438
IDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to IDNCowboy
Re: Yokohama

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhys
the obvious: ne.jp/ or.jp / .org / and to a small extent .tv
what is .ne.jp? I see some sites use it
__________________
$995/mo drop lists available.. will be hand delivered by a playboy bunny
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT. The time now is 09:40 AM.

Site Sponsors
Your ad here
buy t-shirt
מחיר הזהב

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0
Copyright idnforums.com 2005

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54