IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th March 2007, 01:45 PM

domainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura about
frank schilling posting about IDNs again ...

http://frankschilling.typepad.com/

First line of his post is probably most important:

"I have been giving alot of thought to IDNs lately"

He wouldn't be giving alot of thought unless he was seriously considering whether to invest in them...
Old 15th March 2007, 02:39 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
Re: frank schilling posting about IDNs again ...

He won't be the only one.

The question is who is going to have the vision to move on a major portfolio acquisition.

By simply buying and publishing any of these guys could quadruple their money overnight, but they will need to be the first mover to prevent the market going against them.

My guess is that if the first offer isn't on the asking price Edwin's portfolio offer would disappear for good.
Old 15th March 2007, 03:59 PM
Veteran

jose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nice
Angry Re: frank schilling posting about IDNs again ...

DomainGuru: try to have your own ideas for a change and stop the copy paste:

http://www.dnlocal.com/general_discu...s-t2137.0.html
Old 15th March 2007, 04:40 PM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jose
Kind of ironic for you to say that since your own post on dnlocal is exactly the same (ie. just posted a link to Frank's blog with no original content.)
Old 15th March 2007, 05:01 PM
Veteran

jose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastfromthepast
Kind of ironic for you to say that since your own post on dnlocal is exactly the same (ie. just posted a link to Frank's blog with no original content.)
That's exactly the point! Check the time on both posts. And it's not the first time.
Old 15th March 2007, 05:03 PM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

Quote:
That's exactly the point! Check the time on both posts. And it's not the first time.
You don't get it do you. You copy a link to someone else's blog (Frank Schilling's). You post it. No original content.

DomainGuru posts a link to Frank Schilling's blog.

Neither of you is providing any of your own ideas, just copy pasting links.

Why are you upset?
Old 15th March 2007, 05:13 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastfromthepast
Why are you upset?
Because. And also because DG, just like I did, draws attention to the first like on frankschilling's post. Is he picking on me or what?
Old 15th March 2007, 05:25 PM
Semi-retired

alpha has disabled reputation

what the f does it matter.

back on topic...
Old 15th March 2007, 05:57 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphamale
what the f does it matter.

back on topic...
It matters to me. I pick on people who pick with me. I do it till they understand how wrong they were. People are funny; most of the times they only understand when you give them the same treatment.
Old 15th March 2007, 06:32 PM

domainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
It matters to me. I pick on people who pick with me. I do it till they understand how wrong they were. People are funny; most of the times they only understand when you give them the same treatment.
Stop being a baby. I am not even a member of dnlocal, so how on earth could I possibly know you had posted there?
Old 15th March 2007, 06:54 PM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

Did you have an argument with Pedro this morning, Jose?
Old 15th March 2007, 09:39 PM
Semi-retired

... anyway

So Franks message on IDN's seems to be, they have a future, but prospective investors don't need to pounce now, you can wait - as it will be a while until they become valuable.

is that about it?
Old 15th March 2007, 10:09 PM

Giant is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

http://www.dnlocal.com/general_discu...s-t2137.0.html
Jose, DG constaltly offers valuable ideas and opinions with good judgment. He doesn't need a change. You're still not willing to forget... :-)

Dot Com is King. IDN.com will soon be king.
@
Old 15th March 2007, 10:50 PM
Veteran

Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphamale
... anyway

So Franks message on IDN's seems to be, they have a future, but prospective investors don't need to pounce now, you can wait - as it will be a while until they become valuable.

is that about it?
Look, if he were going to try to bring down a portfolio, how would you expect him to behave? Would he drive through IDNFs with a Van mounted megafone?

Unfortunately, in this game you are left to double guess. If wrong less than half the time you are probably still ahead of the game.
Old 15th March 2007, 10:59 PM
Semi-retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck
Look, if he were going to try to bring down a portfolio, how would you expect him to behave? Would he drive through IDNFs with a Van mounted megafone?

Unfortunately, in this game you are left to double guess. If wrong less than half the time you are probably still ahead of the game.
actually i assume he wasn't playing strategic mis-information games, and was in fact more than rich enough already, and what he was saying was in fact his genuine opinion and not a smoke screen.

maybe i am being naive
Old 15th March 2007, 11:03 PM
Veteran

I haven't a clue what he is up to, but I would hazard a guess that you don't get that Rich without being able to put on a poker face once in a while.
Old 15th March 2007, 11:05 PM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point

Old 16th March 2007, 01:29 AM

Wot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enough

Seems to be his fair and honest assesment about IDN's and he is certainly not knocking them.

However it certainly does appear that he is not aware of how most of the top names in a number of tld /cctlds have already been taken.
Old 16th March 2007, 03:17 AM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wot
Seems to be his fair and honest assesment about IDN's and he is certainly not knocking them.

However it certainly does appear that he is not aware of how most of the top names in a number of tld /cctlds have already been taken.

Even the snaps are drying up, quality dropping by the week.
Old 16th March 2007, 03:46 AM

thegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to thegenius1

Somebody had posted at like 7 oclockish asking Frank to please respond to the comments.... it was there for a few hours now the post is mysteriously Gone

Its just really wierd to me because it was obviously approved by him , he must have change his mind ?