IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th March 2007, 04:46 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
Talking' Bout A Revolution.....

After the recent disappointments of the TRAFFICs Auctions with regard to IDN, we are seriously now looking at setting up alternative arrangements.

I have a number of ideas that I think are workable and other people have done some work on these issues before. It does look at though things are starting to crystalize and that we will move forward on this issue.

However, in order to get the best service for everyone and to end up with something that is viable and enduring I would like to sample opinion as widely as possible.

To this effect I have already started a poll here:

http://www.dnlocal.com/general_discu...topicseen=#new

Please feel free to add your preferences and opinions. This will be your service. Hopefully, input now will help you get the best out of it.
Old 15th March 2007, 04:57 PM

jacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jacksonm Send a message via Skype™ to jacksonm
Re: Talking' Bout A Revolution.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck
After the recent disappointments of the TRAFFICs Auctions with regard to IDN, we are seriously now looking at setting up alternative arrangements.
First step might be to go to SEDO and buy http://idnauctions.com/ then host it outside of USA.

Second step might be to setup an escrow service which is also outside of USA.

Panama would be a good choice in both cases. Honestly, I am opposed to having either one hosted in EU or US. That is, if my opinion counts at all :-) One reason is that if I want to sell i.e. arabic names, I don't want to be labeled... nuff said.
Old 15th March 2007, 05:31 PM

xxbossmanxx is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to xxbossmanxx Send a message via MSN to xxbossmanxx Send a message via Skype™ to xxbossmanxx

panama corps are solid. I think it costs about 500 bux to set it up.
Old 15th March 2007, 05:55 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

I don't we wish to give Sedo or Moniker false comfort in the assumption we will stop at IDN. What we will do is drastically reduce sales costs.