PDA

View Full Version : Google page 1

bwhhisc
22nd March 2007, 10:01 AM
קונצרטים
קונצרטים.net
Means "concert" I believe, showed up 6th from top on page 1 out of 194k

Now, we just have to figure out how to keep these up there :)

mulligan
22nd March 2007, 10:24 AM
Nice! Maybe take it out of parking and get a web dude to make you a simple site similar to the parking page using adsense?

Whats the traffic like?

bwhhisc
22nd March 2007, 10:29 AM
Nice! Maybe take it out of parking and get a web dude to make you a simple site similar to the parking page using adsense?
Whats the traffic like?

Just another 15 minutes of fame I believe, then slide down in the google sandbox.
Not much traffic, but it just showed up there and got 3 hits in the first day or two paying .17 each.

domainguru
22nd March 2007, 10:34 AM
Just another 15 minutes of fame I believe, then slide down in the google sandbox.
Not much traffic, but it just showed up there and got 3 hits in the first day or two paying .17 each.

indeed! reference:
http://www.idnforums.com/forums/9779-top-spot-in-google-in-2-weeks-no-seo.html

bwhhisc
22nd March 2007, 10:47 AM
Is there a way these parking services can offer some type of "website" templates that you
can add a bit of content and maybe put an RSS feed on to keep the content changing.
I am fishing here... so appreciate thoughts from experienced developers if this might be a viable option someday.

Olney
22nd March 2007, 11:16 AM
Also you have to think of

Which version of Google does it show up at #1

Is this version of google the same that your target users will use?

I know a lot of people in the US read Hebrew, is the target for you?

domainguru
22nd March 2007, 01:17 PM
Also you have to think of

Which version of Google does it show up at #1

Is this version of google the same that your target users will use?

I know a lot of people in the US read Hebrew, is the target for you?

To me, all of that is just "passing interest" because the domain will disappear from the top of google within a month or so, once the "new site" bonus goes.

Focus on building real sites with real content, and then it is worth the hassle. Otherwise don't bother.