PDA

View Full Version : Turkish email. Probably spam but....

sarcle
19th February 2006, 01:35 AM
I got an email from the query on my site. It's in Turkish and I cant seem to translate it in a normal translator. Do we have any Turkish speakers in the house?

Subject Line of Email:

xn--5xsp7j.net icin Yurtdisi Egitim ve Kariyer Firsatlari

bramiozo
19th February 2006, 10:03 AM
Is this it ?

için Yurtdışı eğitim ve Kariyer Fırsatları

kariyer = contact us
ve = and

sarcle
19th February 2006, 10:23 AM
Thanks Bram for that. I will give them line then and see where it goes.

Edwin
19th February 2006, 10:32 AM
Perhaps a standard email ready "on the shelf" would be good to cover cases like this.

Something like...

Thank you for inquiring about domain name xyz. Unfortunately, we are only able to handle enquiries in English at the moment, though we are working on other languages.

Please could you re-send your inquiry in English and we would be pleased to respond to it promptly.

Best regards, etc.

Obviously could do with a bit more polishing as it's off the top of my head, but something short and sweet like that should do the trick. After all, you're not going to be able to negotiate a high-price deal if the other party doesn't speak a word of English, and you don't speak their language either... so this is a good first-pass filter to weed out the "impossibles" and leave you with decent leads.

sarcle
19th February 2006, 10:42 AM
Thanks for the tip Edwin, but one step ahead of you. I was writing one as you posted. Yes, dealing with idns there are going to be many of these I'm sure.

bwhhisc
19th February 2006, 11:39 AM
What was the site out of curiousity?

rumuz
12th August 2007, 11:27 PM
"xn--5xsp7j.net icin Yurtdisi Egitim ve Kariyer Firsatlari" means...

Opportunities for International Education and Carreer