PDA

View Full Version : Every day the conversation grows

rhys
28th March 2007, 09:27 AM
Every day now it seems someone is blogging about Japanese domain names. In this case below, this SEO blogger has realized that Japanese IDN are getting top rankings in Yahoo and is recommending them to his readers. He made me chuckle to myself when he wrote, "The major keywords have already been taken, but compound keywords still seem readily available." Enter the second level of the pyramid.
Wa haha ha

http://afi001.seesaa.net/article/36916311.html
2007年03月26日
日本語ドメインは取得した方が良いのか?
人気ブログランキングに一票を
FC2ブログランキングに一票を

日本語ドメインの有用性について考えてみます。

ひでまろさんのメルマガで日本語ドメインについて書かれていました。

私も以前から気にはなっていました。

まずSEOに関してです。

日本語ドメインは、どうもSEOに有効なようです。

試しに、ヤフーで「ポールスミス 財布」と検索してください。

他サイトの言及になってしまいますが、「ポールスミス 財布」というキーワードで2位になっているサイトがあります。
(3月26日現在)

このサイトを作成している方は、日本語ドメインを使っています。

実際のところ、「ポールスミス 財布」というキーワードは結構ニッチで、上位表示しやすいキーワードです。

検索回数がとても多く、月間約3万回も検索されています。
(検索結果数はヤフーで約46万件、グーグルで約48万件です)

つまり、このキーワードで上位表示できれば、アクセス数も確保でき、アフィリエイト報酬につながる「稼げるキーワード」なんです。

「ポールスミス 財布」と検索した場合、上記で紹介したサイトはヤフーで2位でした。

グーグルでは確認できませんでした。

テンプレートの加減もあると思いますが、日本語ドメインは上位表示しやすそうなことがわかります。

他のキーワードはどうでしょうか。

超ビッグキーワードの「ルイヴィトン」、この日本語ドメインを使って、表示されているサイトもあります。

ヤフーでは10位以下ですが、400万件以上の検索数がある中でこの順位はなかなかすごいです。

「グッチ 財布」というキーワードをヤフーで検索してみましょう。

日本語ドメインを使ったサイトが10位以内に入っています。
(おそらくポールスミスのサイトを作成した方と同じ人)

「グッチ」という単体キーワードでも20位以内に入っています。

日本語ドメインがSEOに有効であるといち早く気づいたアフィリエイターが、日本語ドメインを使ってサイトを作成し、SEOをかけて上位表示させているという現状がわかったと思います。

現在のところ、無料ブログで日本語ドメインを使えるのはSeesaaだけです。(他にあったら教えてください)

日本語ドメインは1年間で1000円ぐらいで取得できます。

取得したばかりのドメインは、エイジングフィルタにかかってしまい、検索エンジンに表示されづらいですが、先のことを考えたらとっておくべきだと思います。

メジャーなキーワードはとられてしまっていますが、複合キーワードは結構取れるようです。

物販アフィリエイトやアドセンスにも有効な日本語ドメイン。

今のうちに取得しておくことをおすすめします。

安く取得できるサイトはこちら↓

seamo
28th March 2007, 09:38 AM
Great news rhys!

Compound terms will keep fuelling the market for years to come yet, as shown in ascii.

Thanks for the report - please keep us informed on further local IDN buzz...

Olney
28th March 2007, 09:41 AM
Yeah I've noticed this for a while
I believe it's going to go like this
Bloggers are changing to IDN domains first & talking about them.
This is making people more familiar
It really doesn't matter about those old IDN sites because they are mirrored sites & they don't promote the IDN urls (most)
It's the new development that will matter.
That's going to start with young people, there are no internet rules for them.

seamo
28th March 2007, 09:49 AM
How would you guys gauge the feeling amongst these bloggers as to the mass regging of key terms that has already happened?

Is there any sense that many Japanese domainers may have 'missed the boat'?

Or not a real issue?
Yeah I've noticed this for a while
I believe it's going to go like this
Bloggers are changing to IDN domains first & talking about them.
This is making people more familiar
It really doesn't matter about those old IDN sites because they are mirrored sites & they don't promote the IDN urls (most)
It's the new development that will matter.
That's going to start with young people, there are no internet rules for them.

rhys
28th March 2007, 09:57 AM
I have yet to read anything like that Seamo. The blogs I have read have been either from SEO guys and by your average blogger who is looking for an appropriate memorable domain for their ramblings.

Rubber Duck
28th March 2007, 10:01 AM
What is it with you guys?

Last night I put up a large selection of Corporate sites on here. This morning all you are talking about is the message getting out via blogging.

It is like watching a repeat of "Little Britain"!

Drewbert
28th March 2007, 10:05 AM
Computer says no.

(Cough)

rhys
28th March 2007, 10:07 AM
I don't know what "Little Britain" is RD. But corporate sites, company sites, amateur sites, news releases, and what the blogosphere contains are all relevant to understand what is about to happen in Japan. If you'd like I'd be happy to stop the posts and keep them to myself. It's more time for me to reg compound domains. Chuckle.

Computer says no.

(Cough)

Another enigmatic post Drew. ? ? ?

Rubber Duck
28th March 2007, 10:11 AM
Well traffic or not. Big Corporate site development is happening, and it is happening in Japan.

http://www.idnforums.com/forums/10204-anybody-know-these-guys.html

The point is that the key element content, that many thought would take years to arrive is arriving and on cue, as predicted by the little yellow toy.

Once some of these sites get indexed, because the Japanese are so heavily reliant on Search, and because these will out page rank the ASCII version, the Japanese will be quickly familiarised with IDN.

Whether this means that they will all immediately start typing-in, it is too early to say, but up to this point the Naysayeres are about 6 goals behind!

No I am not suggesting that Blog material is of no Interest, but what I am saying is that it is a bit like attending Neighbourhood Watch when the most happening party in town is going on right next door!

Big company sites are the key are they are starting to get rolled out in Japan. We have already seen an explosion of Corporate site in China, but that could have been put down to political coercion.

Now it is clear that most companies are simply waiting for browser support to arrive before launching their offerings.

This phenomenon will change everything. It means you IDN investments are assured. The income may not be here yet, but we now know that it is coming And coming soon!

I don't know what "Little Britain" is RD. But corporate sites, company sites, amateur sites, news releases, and what the blogosphere contains are all relevant to understand what is about to happen in Japan. If you'd like I'd be happy to stop the posts and keep them to myself. It's more time for me to reg compound domains. Chuckle.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/guide/articles/l/littlebritain_1299003526.shtml

One of the regular sketches set in a Welsh village has a character that insists he is the only poof in the village, when in fact it is about the Campest place in the Universe. Very funny in small doses.

Olney
28th March 2007, 10:37 AM
I look at those URLs & Bloggers regging & talking about IDNs differently.
If a company has their site URL in IDN(from 4 or 5 years ago) & non IDN & they don't promote it you'll never know they even have an IDN domain.
The new buyers are actively promoting the fact they have IDNs
I couldn't find that on the older corporate sites.
The older sites could be at the point where you're not even sure if they even remember they have an IDN...
You can't really base Japan's market on things done like 4 or 5 years ago. It's what these young people will do that will determine how IDNs will be used.

bwhhisc
28th March 2007, 10:42 AM
Corporate sites, company sites, amateur sites, news releases, and what the blogosphere contains are all relevant to understand what is about to happen in Japan. If you'd like I'd be happy to stop the posts and keep them to myself. It's more time for me to reg compound domains. Chuckle.

Keep all the news and information coming, what is exciting is that it is happening on lots of levels, big and small.

Ancient proverb: A thunderstorm begins with a single drop of rain.

Rubber Duck
28th March 2007, 10:47 AM
With respect that is nonsense.

If these were created 4 or 5 years ago, just like your developments they would be indexed by the major search engine and would be drawing in huge amounts of traffic, because as we have been told over and over again that is how Japanese users surf the net.

Sites of this magnitude could not reasonably have gone under the Radar for so long especially when I have been using the same bloody techniques to look for them for over 12 months now.

I look at those URLs & Bloggers regging & talking about IDNs differently.
If a company has their site URL in IDN(from 4 or 5 years ago) & non IDN & they don't promote it you'll never know they even have an IDN domain.
The new buyers are actively promoting the fact they have IDNs
I couldn't find that on the older corporate sites.
The older sites could be at the point where you're not even sure if they even remember they have an IDN...
You can't really base Japan's market on things done like 4 or 5 years ago. It's what these young people will do that will determine how IDNs will be used.

Olney
28th March 2007, 11:10 AM
These sites also have an ASCII URL they are all promoting the ASCII URL (my assumption by looking through a few)
They benefit IDNs but people are not going to get used to IDNs through these few old mirrored sites.
It's these young people that are actively promoting & discussing IDN use.
The older site benefit things but they actively don't try to reach an audience.
Young bloggers are doing this when they switch to IDN domains.
Rhys can say his opinion but this is also what I've seens from Bloggers & said in the past.
It's new development, young people, & bloggers that will introduce IDNs to Japan.
Corporations in mass won't change until they see it first. Young people are going to try on their own.

I get questions via Mixi about IDNs from Japanese.
Young people are at the trying to develop with them stage right now.
There's also tons of IDNs registered by Japanese but it seems like 80% of the best not bought by one of us resolve no where.

Rubber Duck
28th March 2007, 11:13 AM
These are not mirrored sites.

It would appear you assume too much!

Olney
28th March 2007, 11:22 AM
These are not mirrored sites.

It would appear you assume too much!

http://www.wind.ne.jp/isuzu/ First one in the batch

markits
28th March 2007, 11:26 AM
All very good and exciting news.

Young Japanese are promoting awareness and starting use of idns; this will fundamentally increase the value of good Japanese idns as it will certainly result in huge increase of registrations (second tier in quality).

Big corporations are starting developing sites on idns or setting up complete mirror sites to their existing old sites. Once these idn sites get indexed and people get used to it, I believe the type-ins will come.

They both will soon make many idnfers smile.

Thanks to RD and rhys for sharing the good stuff with us.

Olney
28th March 2007, 11:27 AM
Second one in the batch
http://www.sega.co.jp/

Mirrors

Having the exact same accessible through two or more different URLs

You shouldn't assume they aren't...
How could Sega "only" use the IDN it's too early

Third one
www.shion.co.jp

Shall I go on? They are mirrored, it's a fact...

Rubber Duck
28th March 2007, 11:34 AM
I didn't and they are not!

Olney
28th March 2007, 11:52 AM
I didn't and they are not!

Perhaps you don't have an understanding of what I'm saying
The site exist at two URL

http://群馬インターネット.jp/
Is exactly the same as
http://www.wind.ne.jp/

http://セガ.jp/
is exactly the same as
http://www.sega.co.jp/

http://シオン.jp/
is exactly the same as
http://www.shion.co.jp/

I'm just giving you the exact URL that these companies promote.
& you're telling me it's not a mirror

How can one pick the first 3 & give an example of all 3 on why they are mirrors
& still be told they aren't.
Please tell me why they are not Mirrors?
I think we're all listening...
I didn't say it's bad either, I'm just saying they use a mirror, but even though I found the URLs, they don't really exist right?

Rubber Duck
28th March 2007, 11:57 AM
Yes, the content is duplicated, but if you look carefully these are Cloned Sites. I have previously defined Cloned Sites as complete content replicas that have had all their internal links ripped out and replaced with IDN URLs. These are separately hosted stand alone sites that will replace the ASCII version. Something that you have pulbicly gone on the record and stated would never happen.

Of course they need to maintain a ASCII.co.jp equivalent and continue to publicise themselves in that way, under the mistaken assumption that some Japanese do actually want to type in, until browser support arrives. Once that happens the ASCII Urls will get dropped like a stone.

alpha
28th March 2007, 12:05 PM

bovvered. am i bovvered

markits
28th March 2007, 12:08 PM
u bovvered?

alpha
28th March 2007, 12:09 PM
u bovvered?

face bovvered? am i bovvered? does my face look bovvered? I AINT BOVVERED!

Olney
28th March 2007, 12:13 PM
You do realize that this can all be easily accomplished by a term that I've been using all along called "a mirror"...
It's easy to do & takes about 10 minutes on a server... No ripping stuff out...

I publicly said it will be a long time before we see companies "switch" turn off their existing URL for an IDN. Putting a domain in your server for a mirror is exactly what you call "cloning".

Those who have servers can think
Would you do this "ripping", or would you just mirror the site....
Looks like a mirror to me

It's called a mirror because ... ah forget....
Mirror sites don't coexist well in Search Engines...

Yes, the content is duplicated, but if you look carefully these are Cloned Sites. I have previously defined Cloned Sites as complete content replicas that have had all their internal links ripped out and replaced with IDN URLs. These are separately hosted stand alone sites that will replace the ASCII version. Something that you have pulbicly gone on the record and stated would never happen.

Of course they need to maintain a ASCII.co.jp equivalent and continue to publicise themselves in that way, under the mistaken assumption that some Japanese do actually want to type in, until browser support arrives. Once that happens the ASCII Urls will get dropped like a stone.

Rubber Duck
28th March 2007, 12:14 PM
bovvered. am i bovvered

Wrong show I believe, but Drews comment is indeed and extract from Little Britain.

Yours is Catherine Tate.

Hell I normally only get to see the bloody trailers! How have I become this brainwashed?

alpha
28th March 2007, 12:15 PM
Wrong show I believe

am i bovvered

markits
28th March 2007, 12:15 PM
face bovvered? am i bovvered? does my face look bovvered? I AINT BOVVERED!
Josh: You're not invited to the party!
Nat: Am I bovvered?

Rubber Duck
28th March 2007, 12:20 PM
That explanation does not sit well with those that still have some links pointing back to the original ASCII site, whilst others are showing an IDN link.

However, this is all virtually irrelevant and totally off the point. If what you are saying is correct and that the whole thing can be totally switched over from one URL to another with no collateral damage, that is even more significant than what I have been claiming, and the fact that people might actually be doing it is absolutely mind blowing. Shame you never thought to mention it before.

You do realize that this can all be easily accomplished by a term that I've been using all along called "a mirror"...
It's easy to do & takes about 10 minutes on a server... No ripping stuff out...

I publicly said it will be a long time before we see companies "switch" turn off their existing URL for an IDN. Putting a domain in your server for a mirror is exactly what you call "cloning".

Those who have servers can think
Would you do this "ripping", or would you just mirror the site....
Looks like a mirror to me

It's called a mirror because ... ah forget....
Mirror sites don't coexist well in Search Engines...

alpha
28th March 2007, 12:20 PM
edit: what was this thread about? ... oh yeah.. the bloggers.

They are gonna be piiiiiiiiised that someone nicked all their domains.

oh well, whats goes around comes around. It makes me feel a little better about the yanks nicking all the .co.uk domains

Rubber Duck
28th March 2007, 12:25 PM
edit: what was this thread about? ... oh yeah.. the bloggers.

They are gonna be piiiiiiiiised that someone nicked all their domains.

oh well, whats goes around comes around. It makes me feel a little better about the yanks nicking all the .co.uk domains

They can keep the co.uk for me, but it still hurts they got all the dot coms before we got online!

Olney
28th March 2007, 12:39 PM
OK yeah I never explained to forum members what a "mirror site" was
RD would you recommend the best next moves for companies is to mirror "clone" their existing sites like the ones that you showed?

Back on Topic

I think it's good that the young bloggers are promoting IDNs
I had a guy on Mixi who told me the first one he tried to register was one I own.
It was related to something he does, so he did try to go generic first & then bought something related with the project name...

That explanation does not sit well with those that still have some links pointing back to the original ASCII site, whilst others are showing an IDN link.

However, this is all virtually irrelevant and totally off the point. If what you are saying is correct and that the whole thing can be totally switched over from one URL to another with no collateral damage, that is even more significant than what I have been claiming, and the fact that people might actually be doing it is absolutely mind blowing. Shame you never thought to mention it before.

Rubber Duck
28th March 2007, 12:45 PM
OK, I understand that we have three threads mixed up in one here.

The proper solution perhaps would be take the content relating to mirrored site to the thread where I listed the domains, rather than just brushing the subject under the carpet.

Prodigy
28th March 2007, 01:50 PM
Regarding Bloggers versus Corporate IDNs

We have to understand that corporate IDNs are not a response to current consumer demand for IDNs, but rather an actionable step to protect their copyright.

I find the increase in blog websites in IDN much more interesting because it shows the consumer demand for IDNs. This is what is going to make us our money.

It is nice to know however, that corporations are watching IDNs and are planning for the future with them.

Rubber Duck
28th March 2007, 02:01 PM
To defend their Trademarks, Corporates need do no more than register the names. The information I have give here indicates that are going much further than that! Yes, obviously evidence at ther Grass Roots is interesting, but we know that if major corporation are using IDN Urls that people will become familiar with IDN. The usage by major corporation has been cited by many would be Gurus here, as necessary for the adoption of IDN by the masses. When the evidence arrives, it all of a sudden becomes irrelevant.

Frankly, I find it bloody irritating that people criticise ICANN because they don't disseminate information that not yet available, when key members here won't disseminate information that is available and then turn around and treat those that don't fully understand the related key issues like complete dorks.

Regarding Bloggers versus Corporate IDNs

We have to understand that corporate IDNs are not a response to current consumer demand for IDNs, but rather an actionable step to protect their copyright.

I find the increase in blog websites in IDN much more interesting because it shows the consumer demand for IDNs. This is what is going to make us our money.

It is nice to know however, that corporations are watching IDNs and are planning for the future with them.

mdw
28th March 2007, 02:15 PM
Huge amounts of new content, and more importantly the mindshare for IDN is gonna come from those bloggers. Big corps putting up sites doesn't affect the young ones - the ones who will buy and build and blog. Keep reading Rhys!

markits
28th March 2007, 02:29 PM
To defend their Trademarks, Corporates need do no more than register the names. The information I have give here indicates that are going much further than that! Yes, obviously evidence at ther Grass Roots is interesting, but we know that if major corporation are using IDN Urls that people will become familiar with IDN. The usage by major corporation has been cited by many would be Gurus here, as necessary for the adoption of IDN by the masses. When the evidence arrives, it all of a sudden becomes irrelevant.

Frankly, I find it bloody irritating that people criticise ICANN because they don't disseminate information that not yet available, when key members here won't disseminate information that is available and then turn around and treat those that don't fully understand the related key issues like complete dorks.

I think these corporation sites are equally important. They will eventually get indexed on SE and found by people. It will make people type in the urls in their familar language and fundamental benefit everyone of us.

As to the ICANN thingy, I am frankly not interested in tech details. I even do not care about the tech details in my own field. I often tell people working in my group: don't show me the tech details, bring me the results; If you have tech problems, solve it; If you don't know how to solve tech problems, go find another job.

Rubber Duck
28th March 2007, 02:35 PM
Huge amounts of new content, and more importantly the mindshare for IDN is gonna come from those bloggers. Big corps putting up sites doesn't affect the young ones - the ones who will buy and build and blog. Keep reading Rhys!

The Mind share of Dot Com and all the other big extensions was established before the term Blog was ever coined. That fact would seem to make the above statement rather questionable.

rhys
28th March 2007, 02:56 PM
The Mind share of Dot Com and all the other big extensions was established before the term Blog was ever coined. That fact would seem to make the above statement rather questionable.

RD - its the interweb - it doesn't matter what happened first and before what. What matters is that the term Blog is coined now and people both write them and read them.

Frankly I think the thought that corporations are bothering to turn on their IDNs, some probably after a significant period of dormancy is pretty exciting too. But why is everybody bickering. All this activity is to our benefit.

Let's try this. If anybody feels like taking a snipe on this thread just to join in the action or get revenge for something else said - just whip out the good ole IDN compatible browser and try looking for a good compound domain to reg instead.

Smiles everyone smiles....

Prodigy
28th March 2007, 03:02 PM
Let's try this. If anybody feels like taking a snipe on this thread just to join in the action or get revenge for something else said - just whip out the good ole IDN compatible browser and try looking for a good compound domain to reg instead.

What Compounds?

研究.JP ;)

Rubber Duck
28th March 2007, 03:04 PM
I cannot argue with what you are saying, but my point is that we know that large Corporate Sites affect mindshare of extensions, as that is how the Internet started out. We don't know to what extent if any Blog sites affect the mindshare of extensions. Perhaps during Web 2.0, it will be even greater, but we don't know that. We don't even have good reason to believe it. It may nonetheless be true.

What we should not be doing is discounting the one mechanism that we know for sure actually works!

RD - its the interweb - it doesn't matter what happened first and before what. What matters is that the term Blog is coined now and people both write them and read them.

Frankly I think the thought that corporations are bothering to turn on their IDNs, some probably after a significant period of dormancy is pretty exciting too. But why is everybody bickering. All this activity is to our benefit.

What Compounds?

研究.JP ;)

No, I think this is vindication of the movement I started nearly a year ago registering compounds of Geographical terms with locally deliverable services.

Chalk another one up for the Duck!

mdw
28th March 2007, 03:59 PM
Perspective. Corporate IDN sites are absolutely important; blogs are too. Rhys is so right to watch these, because while the older generations move slowly in measured steps when adopting new technologies, young folks latch on in an instant and never look back.

Fact is most of the growth of new content on the web is blogs or variants by one name or another. Kids will take IDN and run with it - reg a new domain and have content up that same day! They are obviously important, despite how it all played out years ago for the ASCII-only generations.

Rubber Duck
28th March 2007, 04:09 PM
Blogging is undoubtedly a major phenomenon. Blog sites can be very influential. But I think we need to be aware that the vast majority of them get little or no traffic. Getting IDN on FS's blog is significant. It may not be as significant on many others.

Perspective. Corporate IDN sites are absolutely important; blogs are too. Rhys is so right to watch these, because while the older generations move slowly in measured steps when adopting new technologies, young folks latch on in an instant and never look back.

Fact is most of the growth of new content on the web is blogs or variants by one name or another. Kids will take IDN and run with it - reg a new domain and have content up that same day! They are obviously important, despite how it all played out years ago for the ASCII-only generations.

Giant
28th March 2007, 04:10 PM
Is the heart more important than the lungs? I say they are equally important, even hairs on the skin are important if we have a trong sense of the Oneness of all these organs.

Corporations protecting their IDNs shows IDNs are valuable in doing business, bloggers using IDNs more and more proves IDNs are more practical and useful than ASCII.

... Chalk another one up for the Duck!
Compound words?

barbecue duck, fried duck, horny duck... and don't forget rubber duck :-)

Rubber Duck
28th March 2007, 04:16 PM
Don't worry the beast is rousing like a bear from hybernation.

It will clear its path with a single sweep of its paw!

Compound words?

barbecue duck, fried duck, horny duck... and don't forget rubber duck :-)

It is a growing brand with global reach :)

mdw
28th March 2007, 04:28 PM
Corporations protecting their IDNs shows IDNs are valuable in doing business, bloggers using IDNs more and more proves IDNs are more practical and useful than ASCII.
Well said man! I guess the missing piece of this puzzle is the web-based applications. Boring corporate brochure sites and inane chatter blogs are neccessary, but not sufficient. This phenom will really shift into high gear when the popular apps are IDN. Think about the next generation of digg, myspace, my banking and stock trading website, etc. are built from the ground up on IDN.

Rubber Duck
28th March 2007, 04:41 PM
Well said man! I guess the missing piece of this puzzle is the web-based applications. Boring corporate brochure sites and inane chatter blogs are neccessary, but not sufficient. This phenom will really shift into high gear when the popular apps are IDN. Think about the next generation of digg, myspace, my banking and stock trading website, etc. are built from the ground up on IDN.

If online retailers are already coping with this, I don't see that whole range of other applications are going to be very far behind.

blastfromthepast
28th March 2007, 06:37 PM
You have to remember, most people buying domains are not interested in generics, unless they become are aware of their SEO or revenue potential.

They are interested in owning their company or personal or brand names.

rhys
28th March 2007, 07:09 PM
By the way guys, we are not alone any more, the Japanese are on to what we have been doing with minisite development. Does this format look familiar to you guys? This site is number 3 on yahoo.co.jp ("PaulSmithWallet")

http://ポールスミス財布.jp/

Or is this one of you guys? Blast? Gamma? Genius?

blastfromthepast
28th March 2007, 07:31 PM
By the way guys, we are not alone any more, the Japanese are on to what we have been doing with minisite development. Does this format look familiar to you guys? This site is number 3 on yahoo.co.jp ("PaulSmithWallet")

Not me.

thegenius1
28th March 2007, 07:52 PM

Not me either , Haven't got to these types of combos yet lol lowest i gone is this http://ウォレット.jp :)

Whois say's

Annasui Saifu

gammascalper
28th March 2007, 08:19 PM
LOL, I think the Whois name is a reference to another of the dude's TM .JP names.

rhys
28th March 2007, 11:31 PM
Yes it is. Anna Sui is a designer brand of wallet.

thegenius1
28th March 2007, 11:39 PM
LOL, I think the Whois name is a reference to another of the dude's TM .JP names.
Yes it is. Anna Sui is a designer brand of wallet.

LOL what if Anna is buying up the competitions names LOL !