PDA

View Full Version : arabic idn .tv .. give advice please

Muhammad Mustafa
30th March 2007, 02:59 PM
hello every body
as I didn't found a lot of sales in this ext. in arabic idn, else I found many good terms (at least for me) in this ext. are available to register but am not sure of its value.
so, can you please share your experience in this ext. with me??
is it worth the time and money to spend in?? or useless??
thanks a lot

Rubber Duck
30th March 2007, 03:07 PM
hello every body
as I didn't found a lot of sales in this ext. in arabic idn, else I found many good terms (at least for me) in this ext. are available to register but am not sure of its value.
so, can you please share your experience in this ext. with me??
is it worth the time and money to spend in?? or useless??
thanks a lot

Up until yesterday, I would have said a complete waste of time, but it is now possible that IDN.IDN in this extension might make some sense. Still a long shot.

Muhammad Mustafa
30th March 2007, 06:35 PM
but it is now possible that IDN.IDN in this extension might make some sense.

can you give a reason please :)
I just belive its a good ext to invest in, but i don't want to make a decicion on just a sense and wate time and money to nothing :)

Fka200
30th March 2007, 06:37 PM
I've given a couple members some names in Arabic with OVT over 30,000 with the .tv extension. I think they are worth something...... it really depends on the name.

Rubber Duck
30th March 2007, 06:40 PM
can you give a reason please :)
I just belive its a good ext to invest in, but i don't want to make a decicion on just a sense and wate time and money to nothing :)

You need to bear in mind that no Arabic name is every going to really work in an ASCII extension.

My logic is that .TV is a ccTLD not a gTLD, although is being branded more as a gTLD. This would have meant previously that it was likely to be mirrored only in one script, which almost certainly would not have been Arabic. Now it would seem all extension are going to be mapped in all languages. The only question is can Verisign swing it so .TV gets translated as Television rather than Tuvalu. I think it is likely that they will be able to swing that one. It is not, however, a foregone conclusion by any means.