PDA

View Full Version : OVT whore or brand investor?

jacksonm
30th March 2007, 05:08 PM
Would you buy names which have serious brand potential or status symbols if they don't have trends or ovt?

Or must you have OVT and trends before considering purchase of a name? Do you only buy names to generate click revenue?

Rubber Duck
30th March 2007, 06:48 PM
Would you buy names which have serious brand potential or status symbols if they don't have trends or ovt?

Or must you have OVT and trends before considering purchase of a name? Do you only buy names to generate click revenue?

Brands can be very valuable, but their real value is only achieved through investment, which needs to be discounted in the purchase price.

It is very easy to sell revenue generating investments. Investor shy away from illiquid assets, which non-revenue domains generally are.

Yes, they are worth a punt, but every business needs cashflow. If you think of your portfolio in these terms you will keep the brands to 10-20% of you portfolio.

xxbossmanxx
30th March 2007, 07:53 PM
I love cool brandable names. I have many names like go.com or your.com etc. These names dont have great OVT but are still killer and gotta be worth something down the line if IDN truly takes off.

rhys
30th March 2007, 10:07 PM
Right now I'm an OVT whore. Next year, I'm probably a brand investor.

yanni
30th March 2007, 10:24 PM
Next year, I'm probably a brand investor.

Shouldn't that be: Retired millionaire?

thegenius1
30th March 2007, 10:46 PM
Shouldn't that be: Retired millionaire?

We will have all the time, money and knowledge in the world to keep advancing our portfolios :)