PDA

View Full Version : I think i LOVE this Picture !!!

thegenius1
1st April 2007, 02:17 AM
http://www.idnaffiliates.com/xn--2cr010c/Chinese-com.jpg

Awesome !

http://www.deepseawater.tw/search/label/%E4%B8%AD%E6%96%87.com

bnb001
1st April 2007, 11:33 AM
:)

i also love this Picture !!!

Chinese IDN.com is Awesome !

symatao
1st April 2007, 12:34 PM
great!!!!!!

g
1st April 2007, 12:50 PM
lovely :))))))))))

thegenius1
1st April 2007, 02:49 PM
Just wanted to say Awesome Again :)

Drewbert
1st April 2007, 04:42 PM
I got wood.

Fka200
1st April 2007, 04:46 PM
I got wood.

LOL!

thegenius1
1st April 2007, 05:12 PM
I got wood.

IDN's have me like that in general , but this WHOA !

Rubber Duck
2nd April 2007, 02:41 PM
To me it just gives to the lie to the IDN.IDN or broke mob.

If this isn't IDN.ASCII in action then I don't know what is.

Posted by netizens on the Chinese mainland to use publicity -http domain : http://www.cisg.law.pace.edu/cisg/biblio/ferrari4.html. Apple Wang. com! This is a clothing factory in Jiangsu. name it is called - "Apple Wang Dress Company." Although the Company has used the domain name in English at : //www.pglong.cn/index.asp. it is still very brand conscious effort to separate and protect the domain name registration of Chinese domain names to protect, really impressive! The company briefed us on the web site about the following : Apple Wang Garment Co. Ltd. located in China 'Jiangsu Changshu city clothing. Its favorable geographical position, on the south by the Jervois two states, East Shanghai, Wuxi Karabakh. at the center of the Yangtze River Delta economic circle. The company is a suite design, production, sale and trade into an integrated Specialty apparel companies, particularly leisure men. Down Wear series of the most prominent. 'This bear directly on the wall of Chinese domain names at factory premises. Apple Wang. Com (simplified). really impressive, were seen passing through it to be hard to forget. Chinese propaganda and marketing more visual publicity and the power of television directly in the website or CD Advertising The company is also very easy to make people remember the Chinese domain name!

alpha
2nd April 2007, 02:52 PM
continuing the trend...

idn.idn - would give me wood
Japanese idn.ascii - lazy lob

thegenius1
2nd April 2007, 03:56 PM
Continuing with the Trend !
http://www.idnaffiliates.com/xn--2cr010c/Chinese-com.jpg

http://www.deepseawater.tw/search/label/%E4%B8%AD%E6%96%87.com

Rubber Duck
2nd April 2007, 04:25 PM
continuing the trend...

This is total bullshit!

There is no know representation of dot com in Chinese or Japanese, so in the interim they cannot advertise with it. The fact that they are spending money on it in the meantime indicates that they not only convinced that IDN are coming but IDN.com have a viable future. Maybe later they will get up there and spend more buck changing the sign. They obvious don't think this branding is going nowhere.

The point is it is dynamic environment, like surfing a wave tunnel, but the lazy lobs are those basking in the sun on the beach. The glory will go to those get stuck in like BAYER!

alpha
2nd April 2007, 06:29 PM
This is total bullshit!

There is no know representation of dot com in Chinese or Japanese, so in the interim they cannot advertise with it. The fact that they are spending money on it in the meantime indicates that they not only convinced that IDN are coming but IDN.com have a viable future. Maybe later they will get up there and spend more buck changing the sign. They obvious don't think this branding is going nowhere.

The point is it is dynamic environment, like surfing a wave tunnel, but the lazy lobs are those basking in the sun on the beach. The glory will go to those get stuck in like BAYER!

you may have missed the point by a few light years.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Lazy+lob

Rubber Duck
2nd April 2007, 10:47 PM
you may have missed the point by a few light years.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Lazy+lob

Not as far you by all accounts. The language was Chinese!

alpha
2nd April 2007, 10:56 PM
oh dear.

it seems i have to spell it out.

I got wood.

continuing the trend...

Drew said that photo gives him a wood.

I said idn.idn would give me a wood, but idn.com still gives me a lazy lob.

in layman terms:

idn.idn would make me very excited
but idn.com still makes me excited, just not as much

are we not saying the same thing?

and anyway, i've learnt not to get into a duking match with you - you just wear me down until i can't be bothered to type anymore

edit:

one final thought.

this is all about idn.idn vs idn.com right?

who wants to bet me that that guy will not change his sign when idn.idn comes along?

would you? i damn well would!!

Rubber Duck
3rd April 2007, 12:01 AM
Yes, when IDN.IDN gets here IDN.com will get phased out.

But only in the way that it is presented to the public!

Prodigy
3rd April 2007, 01:56 AM
Whatever guys. You see one sign of a minor manufacturer and you get wood? Put it in perspective.

RD, I see you posting up all these examples of ready built Chinese sites using .com, theres another side of the coin that you're not showing eh? ;)

I've searched that "other side" before, other people should too.

Fka200
3rd April 2007, 02:01 AM
I wish I was a bit more knowledgable about the IDN.IDN situation -- I also tried to formulate my own ideas, but can't reach a logical conclusion.

I should just be reading transcripts on Icann's website, huh? ;)

Rubber Duck
3rd April 2007, 09:41 AM
No, I haven't shown it on this occasion. This time I filtered out Dot CN on my search.

Yes, they are out there in huge numbers. Yes, there are a lot of high quality sites in dot CN also, but they are much more difficult to track down as there is much more "noise" on dot CN.

To be honest with just showing developed sites from China is going to be utter pointless from here on in, unless you have a very specific focus. You just don't walk along the beach saying "There is a grain of sand, and there is another one, and look over there.....

Whatever guys. You see one sign of a minor manufacturer and you get wood? Put it in perspective.

RD, I see you posting up all these examples of ready built Chinese sites using .com, theres another side of the coin that you're not showing eh? ;)

I've searched that "other side" before, other people should too.

Prodigy
3rd April 2007, 12:23 PM
No, I haven't shown it on this occasion. This time I filtered out Dot CN on my search.

Yes, they are out there in huge numbers. Yes, there are a lot of high quality sites in dot CN also, but they are much more difficult to track down as there is much more "noise" on dot CN.

To be honest with just showing developed sites from China is going to be utter pointless from here on in, unless you have a very specific focus. You just don't walk along the beach saying "There is a grain of sand, and there is another one, and look over there.....

You're absolutely right on the noise, when searching for .cn you need to have a little more patience because the mainlanders have sale sites set up on the majority of them.

As i've said before, it's a sit and wait game from here on out, particularly for .cn. We'll just have to see what's left standing by the end of this year.

Rubber Duck
3rd April 2007, 12:49 PM
We could take another look at Japanese though!

www.花泉.com
www.株式会社ラット.jp
www.山本博.jp
www.ファナック.jp
www.いんさつ.jp
www.運用.jp
www.ひろば.jp
www.アイアイハウジング.com
www.粗品.jp
www.名古屋電機工業.jp
www.タマガワ.jp
www.協和電子工業.jp
www.かぼく.com
www.てぃあら.jp
www.フリービット・ドットコム.jp Note the use of the special character that we have all been advised to steer clear of!
www.高山かきもち.jp
www.ドラクエ8攻略.com
www.雇用支援.com
www.国産はちみつ.jp
www.キョーリン.com
www.お酢ビネガー.jp
www.お塩.jp
www.ニュージーランドへ行こう.jp
www.内田洋行.jp
www.須坂.jp
www.お酢ビネガー.jp
www.ファイナルファンタジー攻略.com
www.ピアノ販売.com
www.バイオハザード.com
www.介護タオル.com
www.dnpデジタルコム.com
www.群馬インターネット.jp
www.引越しチェック.com
www.エコツアー.jp
www.旅行.com
www.制作アシスト.com
www.フレッツadsl.jp
www.布目.jp
www.手形.com
www.fx外国為替.com
www.オンラインゲーム比較.jp
www.南アフリカランド.com
www.日本タングステン株式会社.com
www.小林工芸.com
www.シオン.jp
デジタルコミュニケーションズ.jp

Prodigy
3rd April 2007, 12:56 PM
We could take another look at Japanese though!

www.花泉.com
株式会社ラット.jp
山本博.jp
ファナック.jp
いんさつ.jp
運用.jp
ひろば.jp
アイアイハウジング.com
粗品.jp

You already know my opinions on .jp ;)

It will be very interesting to see if IDNs allow a domain market to develop within countries like Japan similair to one that exists in the Western world.