PDA

View Full Version : Please Appraise - Tokyo-to.org (Don't get excited - it's an ASCII)

domainstosell
3rd April 2007, 05:18 PM
(I didn't want people to think I got 東京都.org)

OK, I know it is an ASCII domain, but I thought I would maybe get some more open-minded appraisals here than on other forums (I haven't posted it anywhere else yet)...

I was just looking around and I found this available:

Tokyo-to.org

I was really surprised it was available; it is a great, huge geographic that really fits the .org extension, and even though it has a hyphen, I think that is the technically correct way to represent it (in ASCII characters, anyway).

Am I off my rocker, or did I stumble across a good one?

domainguru
3rd April 2007, 05:35 PM
(I didn't want people to think I got 東京都.org)

OK, I know it is an ASCII domain, but I thought I would maybe get some more open-minded appraisals here than on other forums (I haven't posted it anywhere else yet)...

I was just looking around and I found this available:

Tokyo-to.org

I was really surprised it was available; it is a great, huge geographic that really fits the .org extension, and even though it has a hyphen, I think that is the technically correct way to represent it (in ASCII characters, anyway).

Am I off my rocker, or did I stumble across a good one?

I vote for the off-rocker option, sorry. Stick to IDNs.

domainstosell
3rd April 2007, 05:38 PM
I vote for the off-rocker option, sorry. Stick to IDNs.

:)

LOL, thanks DG...

domainguru
3rd April 2007, 05:40 PM
Just one opinion. Others may vary.

alpha
3rd April 2007, 06:07 PM
here's my opinion - as usual balanced, logical and critically aclaimed.

its a load of wank

domainstosell
3rd April 2007, 06:43 PM
here's my opinion - as usual balanced, logical and critically aclaimed.

its a load of wank

That's British for "good," right??

;)

Thanks Alpha - It's a good thing I got this at Dynadot, I'm 0-2 on appraisals so far, so if it doesn't get massive amounts of traffic in the next couple of days, back it goes...