PDA

View Full Version : How long before we see IDN domains that suck?

Olney
21st February 2006, 01:13 PM
I was just looking at two other places I frequent & a few people asking for good short domains. The domains I saw trying to be sold shouldn't have been registered in the first play.
I mean what planet thinks domains like qitc.com or nuoy.net remotely look good?

Anyway we can't be registering real Premium IDN domains forever. Even IDN domains I don't feel like registering look better than what's floating around in English. How long do we have till we start seeing a vast decrease in quality of the IDN domains showing up here?

I got a feeling that most of us are going to hold out a little bit but how long till people constantly start posting IDN domains that just make you say "What were you thinking"

Rubber Duck
21st February 2006, 01:44 PM
I sometimes feel that already and it is often worse because it my portfolio I am looking at. We cannot all be on target all of the time.

Domain name speculation is finite in its potential. Domaining 1.0 has almost realised the extent of its potential as a speculative vehicle.

For Domain 2.0 the speculative cycle is well advanced.

Speculation has four main phases.

The first phase is the indentification of value nobody else can see.

The second is securing vast amounts of that value at the existing market price, which is well below the potential market value.

The third phase involves sitting on the assets and perhaps marketing the concept, whilst a resale or rental market develops.

The fourth phase is realising the potential of your investment.

After that we are talking bog standard investments.

I would suggest that for all on this forum we have managed one and that those with the plot are moving from two to three. I would suggest that for some of us phase three is well under way, and we are eagerly anticipating four.

Unfortunately, for some and it would seem that DCG is amongst them, they are just getting heads around one, as others are preparing of phase four. That is not speculation. At best it is damage limitation and at worst it is Sh*tti*ng **T.

touchring
21st February 2006, 05:04 PM
I beg to differ, we're still in phase 1 'The first phase is the indentification of value nobody else can see.'.

The market isn't fully developed to go past phase 1 - we're still living in our little marketplace about 100+ enthusiasts, buying and selling at enthusiast price. Will end users and corporation buy and sell houston.com for 1-2k?

Once the world is aware of IDNs (it may take sometime though, even DCG does not fully understand), a lot of Asian businessmen won't hesitate to pay $10,000 to $20,000 to buy their city/state dot com and give it as a gift to the community government. Face is at stake - i won't elaborate further.

:-)

burnsinternet
16th June 2006, 07:06 AM
...how long till people constantly start posting IDN domains that just make you say "What were you thinking"

I think we are there.

Wot
16th June 2006, 07:44 AM
Et tu RD - example my IDN portfolio - but a few goodies as well as I am learning fast- I hope.

Yes, and would it not be nice to see our huge panel of "experts" using their vast knowledge to educate the new guys.

Will go a long way to create a happy sharing forum for the vast numbers of new IDN ers that the not too distant future will spawn. :)

alpha
16th June 2006, 07:54 AM
my two cents.

I truly believe there will be some real shockers. I think some of my biggest buys will turn out to be flops, and some of my unknows will be big surprises.

thats why i am a real advocate of tactical dynamite fishing, you never know what you'll turn up.

and as long as you can afford to re-reg until the traffic/offers arrive (or not)

alex
16th June 2006, 07:55 AM
I think we are there.

I agree, but unlike the ASCII market it's not because there aren't any good names left.

It's because of typos and language barriers. I see domains being offered for sale while higher quality terms with the same meaning are unregistered. Sometimes, I catch myself making typos while checking names and find they're already registered. Then in a few cases, I have corrected my mistakes and find the proper spellings are still available.

I'm guilty of registering some junk myself, but you never know what's going to have value to the right buyer. Not to mention, the value that a strong developed site can give to an otherwise worthless name.

I truly believe there will be some real shockers. I think some of my biggest buys will turn out to be flops, and some of my unknows will be big surprises.

thats why i am a real advocate of tactical dynamite fishing, you never know what you'll turn up.

Exactly what I was getting at (before I saw your post).

touchring
16th June 2006, 07:59 AM
my two cents.

and as long as you can afford to re-reg until the traffic/offers arrive (or not)

Even for dynamite fishing, you need to place the dynamite near coral reefs and not in the middle of a sandbed.

alex
16th June 2006, 08:03 AM
Even for dynamite fishing, you need to place the dynamite near coral reefs and not in the middle of a sandbed.

I think that's what he meant by "tactical". ;)

seamo
16th June 2006, 10:09 AM
You only need to sift through xn-- drops to see how much crap has been registered in the past...

What were people thinking? It looks like random strings of characters were stuffed in a register and regged just for the hell of it!

Let's hope idners have sufficiently matured and moved beyond that now....

touchring
16th June 2006, 10:14 AM
I think that's what he meant by "tactical". ;)

Yes, i missed that "tactical" -> opposite of "mindless'. :)

And yes, i've started to filter through craps. Still registering lots of them. But if you look at the portfolio of iREITs, 98% of them are craps, but craps earn them millions a year.

So there is value in craps - just think harder....

seamo
16th June 2006, 10:37 AM
Please - where can I get me some of that dynamite? I know you boys are talking secret idner's business :confused:

alpha
16th June 2006, 10:50 AM
Please - where can I get me some of that dynamite? I know you boys are talking secret idner's business :confused:

1. find Japanese - English word list (could be dictionary, slang word list etc etc)
2. Bulk check all nouns for availability
3. Score each with google hits, overture, bids, and "gut feel"
4. Decide upon a minimum threshold
5. Buy everything in the list
6. rinse and repeat for other languages
7. park it up
8. wait..

tactical dynamite should only be used alongside other tactics such as "sniping". (aka focused regging of specific topics)

other methods include "breaking & entering" (aka knocking on someones door until they give in and sell you what you want)

mulligan
16th June 2006, 11:05 AM
1. find Japanese - English word list (could be dictionary, slang word list etc etc)
2. Bulk check all nouns for availability
3. Score each with google hits, overture, bids, and "gut feel"
4. Decide upon a minimum threshold
5. Buy everything in the list
6. rinse and repeat for other languages
7. park it up
8. wait..

tactical dynamite should only be used alongside other tactics such as "sniping". (aka focused regging of specific topics)

other methods include "breaking & entering" (aka knocking on someones door until they give in and sell you what you want)

Just to add... Fishing with nuclear explosives is not for the faint of heart and you should have a sturdy bank balance.

Rubber Duck
16th June 2006, 11:08 AM
Just to add... Fishing with nuclear explosives is not for the faint of heart and you should have a sturdy bank balance.

Yes, it would appear that some have managed to get hold of some ex-Soviet nuclear depth charges. Very messy!

touchring
16th June 2006, 12:36 PM

If the domains you register can pay for themselves in a year without IE7, this shouldn't be a problem.

Explorer
16th June 2006, 12:42 PM
Traffic at this stage may not always be a good indication of a domain value. I have one consumer product .com with 1MM OVT that gets almost no traffic at all. Go figure.

mulligan
16th June 2006, 12:46 PM
I have one or two names that also have IMN+ Ovt but Im lucky to get 20 visits a month -- On the other hand I have Latin .nets with 100 Ovt and one of those is probably my best earner

Rubber Duck
16th June 2006, 12:47 PM
Traffic at this stage may not always be a good indication of a domain value. I have one consumer product .com with 1MM OVT that gets almost no traffic at all. Go figure.

Yes, I have had a few of the same thoughts. In my view the only clear indicator of value is the number of Adwords and the value of Overture Bids. That clearly indicates that someone, however misguided, is prepared to pay hardcash for the term.

The nature of traffic needs to be born in mind as well. Revenues dropped quite abruptly when Adverts changed over to local script, as we lost the high value North American traffic, but the stuff we have no seems to be real and it also seems to be growing again, which is very encouraging. Oddly, the best revenue earners are Russian which are almost totally overlooked in the retail market!

Explorer
16th June 2006, 01:03 PM
Yes, I have had a few of the same thoughts. In my view the only clear indicator of value is the number of Adwords and the value of Overture Bids. That clearly indicates that someone, however misguided, is prepared to pay hardcash for the term.

The nature of traffic needs to be born in mind as well. Revenues dropped quite abruptly when Adverts changed over to local script, as we lost the high value North American traffic, but the stuff we have no seems to be real and it also seems to be growing again, which is very encouraging. Oddly, the best revenue earners are Russian which are almost totally overlooked in the retail market!

I have one or two names that also have IMN+ Ovt but Im lucky to get 20 visits a month -- On the other hand I have Latin .nets with 100 Ovt and one of those is probably my best earner

All that tells me that we are way too early in the game to determine with confidence what will work and what will flop, so the above suggested strategy "when in doubt, renew it" is probably the best one.

domainguru
16th June 2006, 02:00 PM
This is a stark reminder of how low the ASCII world has sunk for the majority of "speculators" who don't have decent names:

http://www.websitetrader.com/modules.php?mod=Extra_Pages&pg=a_zzqzz

Clearly the worst name in the world (equal along with about 10 million other terrible ASCII names that should never have been regged), and yet it has been appraised for $2378 :p

It's when I see names like that and compare it with the quality of IDNs we are registering / trading that I thank God there is a new domain frontier called IDN.

But fast forward 5 years and you will see idiots regging zzqzz in 20 different languages and expecting to make money ...

mulligan
16th June 2006, 02:06 PM
How can they appraise that name at $2378?
It must belong to the apprasiers granny! No wonder nobody take apprasials seriously..

Very good abbreviation domain name, lots can be done with this. There is a very high demand for a quality abbreviation domain name for business purposes. This domain could be a major corporation's abbreviation, which would make it highly sought after.
Which major corporation?!?

domainguru
16th June 2006, 02:10 PM
How can they appraise that name at $2378?
It must belong to the apprasiers granny! No wonder nobody take apprasials seriously..

Which major corporation?!?

zzqzz Inc. of course :)

Seriously, I was surprised the ASCII scene had sunk this low. I only saw it because the owner turned up at my website trying to sell me this and other names. Yeah, right ...

rhys
16th June 2006, 03:12 PM
If people are drift-netting I would say that at least in Japanese, we are already close to being there. But oddly enough it isn't a supply limitation as there are still good domains yet to be regged. Sometimes shockingly fine (just this week picked up two single word 100K+ ovt with bids).

I think employing the help of native talent is a must at this stage guys. Unless you speak Japanese or you have the help of someone who does, you are going to miss the gems that are still left.

Unless of course you are drift netting the ocean which can be costly.

Giant
16th June 2006, 03:20 PM
I think employing the help of native talent is a must at this stage guys. Unless you speak Japanese or you have the help of someone who does, you are going to miss the gems that are still left.

Unless of course you are drift netting the ocean which can be costly.

Very true!

You need some help even buying on this forum. I saw people paying too much for useless names.

blastfromthepast
19th July 2006, 04:00 PM
Seen today.

Rubber Duck
19th July 2006, 04:53 PM
Personally, I think the sales threads have been inundated with domains of mediocre and worse. This has tended to create the impression that the Forum is awash with domains. Well, yes they are but only in an ASCII sort of way. Doesn't seem to be much quality on offer from where I am standing.

IDNCowboy
19th July 2006, 04:59 PM
Personally, I think the sales threads have been inundated with domains of mediocre and worse. This has tended to create the impression that the Forum is awash with domains. Well, yes they are but only in an ASCII sort of way. Doesn't seem to be much quality on offer from where I am standing.
Yes, alot of trash names

Giant
19th July 2006, 05:07 PM

Yes, some worth less than reg fee but asking 2k or 3k. This just makes IDN domaining a joke.

burnsinternet
19th July 2006, 05:46 PM
Yes, some worth less than reg fee but asking 2k or 3k. This just makes IDN domaining a joke.

Or it puts us on par with ASCII domainers.... Good or bad, the market is maturing and registrations are increasing. Personally, I saw this coming as did many of you. It's actually exciting to see such interest! Is there really such a thing as bad press?

Rubber Duck
19th July 2006, 05:50 PM
Yes, alot of trash names

Well, it seems to me that the total number of domains that will be registered over the next few years will get close to the Billion mark. Most of the these like telephone numbers and registration plates will be almost arbituary combinations of characters. My personal guess is 90% of everything even in IDN, that will ever be worth $x,xxx has been registered and much of what is now being registered will never be worth $xxx. It seems crazy to me that people are continuing to beaver away registering ever more dubious names, when the secondary market is so clearly indicating that there is no outlet for such names in the immediate future.

rhys
19th July 2006, 05:53 PM
Or it puts us on par with ASCII domainers.... Good or bad, the market is maturing and registrations are increasing. Personally, I saw this coming as did many of you. It's actually exciting to see such interest! Is there really such a thing as bad press?

Only a lousy and poorly researched article about ASCII domaining in today's marketing section of the wall street journal. I'd call that "bad press" - very irresponsible.

I'm still working on a different reporter to do a piece on IDN for WSJ.

IDNCowboy
19th July 2006, 06:09 PM
Well, it seems to me that the total number of domains that will be registered over the next few years will get close to the Billion mark. Most of the these like telephone numbers and registration plates will be almost arbituary combinations of characters. My personal guess is 90% of everything even in IDN, that will ever be worth $x,xxx has been registered and much of what is now being registered will never be worth $xxx. It seems crazy to me that people are continuing to beaver away registering ever more dubious names, when the secondary market is so clearly indicating that there is no outlet for such names in the immediate future.
It is still possible to come up with brandable names. It happens in the ascii world all the time as you see the sales on all the forums. People will pay for creative names.

I've sold creative names last year for $XXX - $XX,XXX

Rubber Duck
19th July 2006, 07:02 PM
It is still possible to come up with brandable names. It happens in the ascii world all the time as you see the sales on all the forums. People will pay for creative names.

I've sold creative names last year for $XXX - $XX,XXX

Yes, agreed, but brandables are not even featuring in the secondary market for IDN.

I would also suggest that whilst possible the key to investing in brandable is having the skills set to place them with end users. Whilst you may have that that skill set in the ASCII World, even you might find it tougher in a foreign script.

burnsinternet
19th July 2006, 07:29 PM

I picked up some good names this week alone. The worst of them were медсестры.com (nurses), утро.com (morning), and тайны.com (secrets). Don't count the reg of ā.com last night, that was for kicks. I also picked up навигация.com (navigation) a couple of weeks ago. I disagree that the well has dried up.

I don't think that beavering away should be dismissed at this time. I know that I do not have nearly the portfolio that you do, RD, so the circumstances are different. Even if 100% of the excellent domains and 95% of the good ones are registered, that still leaves room for me.

Rubber Duck
19th July 2006, 07:34 PM
I picked up some good names this week alone. The worst of them were медсестры.com (nurses), утро.com (morning), and тайны.com (secrets). Don't count the reg of ā.com last night, that was for kicks. I also picked up навигация.com (navigation) a couple of weeks ago. I disagree that the well has dried up.

I don't think that beavering away should be dismissed at this time. I know that I do not have nearly the portfolio that you do, RD, so the circumstances are different. Even if 100% of the excellent domains and 95% of the good ones are registered, that still leaves room for me.

If you are getting that level of quality, which I have no doubt that you individually are, then don't let me put you off. Quality is the watch word. If you can still achieve it in the primary market then beaver away. I was just trying to signal a warning to those who are not as fastidious as yourself.

IDNCowboy
19th July 2006, 08:09 PM
If you are getting that level of quality, which I have no doubt that you individually are, then don't let me put you off. Quality is the watch word. If you can still achieve it in the primary market then beaver away. I was just trying to signal a warning to those who are not as fastidious as yourself.
I've found alot of quality russian IDN .net's but I'm staying away from them as people seem to be more interested in Chinese/japanese .net

rhys
19th July 2006, 08:47 PM
I have engaged in a little bit of what I think is clever regging this past week (10 or so domains) but mostly I'm sated and very little of what is left whet's my appetite.

burnsinternet
19th July 2006, 09:07 PM
I still have a 'buy list' of incredible .nets in several languages, but I am really trying to ferret out the last of the good single word .coms that I can find. I started later than most of you (late 2005), so I had to become a good hunter. When I can't find any good .coms, I still find plenty of good .nets are open.

I won't go to that list until I see the .coms are gone. I started off buying some .nets (консультант.net, система.net, フェチ.net) but then decided to just go after .coms. My .com 'buy list' is actually dwindling as others find those names, so my focus is there right now. Believe me, every day I still see very good .nets unregistered.

Agreed. This is not for the impatient and 'dynamite' fishing has a lower ROI than it did a year ago.

While nothing I find will equal what many of you are holding, they are nice little gems that could bring $xxx or $x,xxx each in the near future. Many piggy-back off of others I hold. For example, I have a slew of recently registered авто.com type domains that, together, are a good little set. Recently registered няни.com and медсестры.com together are nice additions to other sets.

Patience is the key. If you are not patient, you'll reg good .nets and pass up good .coms.

Olney
20th July 2006, 12:46 AM
It seems crazy to me that people are continuing to beaver away registering ever more dubious names, when the secondary market is so clearly indicating that there is no outlet for such names in the immediate future.

I agree that it's is better to get quality in multiple languages than to keep going in one direction where all the ripe fruit is picked.

I think there will be a few options for selling to resellers sometime next year in international markets. By next year is good is enough for me. I'm prepared to hold my portfolio for at least 1 or 2 years.

Rubber Duck
20th July 2006, 05:08 AM
I think there will be a few options for selling to resellers sometime next year in international markets. By next year is good is enough for me. I'm prepared to hold my portfolio for at least 1 or 2 years.

I don't think the apparent collapse of the secondary market is going to be a long-term phenomenon. The Chinese and Russian markets have been surfeited with domains from native speakers, but although there is wide range of pricing at the moment, most of the quality stuff is still commanding a fairly high asking price. Of course there are bargains, but most of the cheaper stuff is cheaper for a reason.

Those that have yet to build a satisfactory portfolio, should not be put off. The great portfolios were established when there was Overture, and often no Google, let alone any market. Once IE 7 is released, many fewer good domains will be available and prices will go sharply North. Of course there will still be an abundance of crap in the sales threads. That is the nature of domaining, unfortunately.

burnsinternet
20th July 2006, 05:30 AM
I don't think the apparent collapse of the secondary market is going to be a long-term phenomenon. The Chinese and Russian markets have been surfeited with domains from native speakers, but although there is wide range of pricing at the moment, most of the quality stuff is still commanding a fairly high asking price. Of course there are bargains, but most of the cheaper stuff is cheaper for a reason.

Those that have yet to build a satisfactory portfolio, should not be put off. The great portfolios were established when there was Overture, and often no Google, let alone any market. Once IE 7 is released, many fewer good domains will be available and prices will go sharply North. Of course there will still be an abundance of crap in the sales threads. That is the nature of domaining, unfortunately.

I am happy to see the IDNs get exposure in Eb*y and domainer forums (good and bad results) and it is wonderful to see the scam emails, scammers, con men, and flippers. Sharks don't circle without a reason. My only hope is that the final release of IE7 will hit us like the Beta 3 release: Bam! :eek: Early! No warning!

Rubber Duck
20th July 2006, 05:43 AM
I am happy to see the IDNs get exposure in Eb*y and domainer forums (good and bad results) and it is wonderful to see the scam emails, scammers, con men, and flippers. Sharks don't circle without a reason. My only hope is that the final release of IE7 will hit us like the Beta 3 release: Bam! :eek: Early! No warning!

Yes, its a zoo! But your right there must be some interest out there.

I think many are expecting a major launch promotion with IE 7.0. I am not so sure that will happen and the parallel launch of IE 7.0+ as part of Vista may be clouding the waters. I think it is clear from what has been previously said that Microsoft have some fairly major advertising campaigns booked for the third quarter onwards.

Let us, however, be rational a moment. Ok, release of IE 7.0 is going to restore some of Microsofts rather tarnished image, but it is not going to make them a lot of bread. Bill may be a self style philanthropist, but that doesn't extend to software users. IE 7.0 is not going to add a brass cent to the coffers, by contrast selling new operating systems will. Microsoft have killed of Windows 98 and Millenium to try to force people to upgrade in advance of the release of Vista, and then they will be trying desperately to get as many of the rest of us to upgrade to Vista. This will involve a massive advertising campaign, and yes pushing out all the stuff about IE 7.0 +, as it is now dubbed, will certainly be part of that. Don't, however be surprised if the Vista version is redubbed IE 8.0. Microsoft will do anything to push Vista sales. I very much doubt, however, that they are going to invest a lot in pushing a Freebie, which is why IE 7.0 has taken so long to materialise. Expect the XP version to slip out without much of a drum roll.

burnsinternet
20th July 2006, 05:57 AM
I very much doubt, however, that they are going to invest a lot in pushing a Freebie, which is why IE 7.0 has taken so long to materialise. Expect the XP version to slip out without much of a drum roll.

Mind reader!

I only hope for on-time and few bugs. Remember W*ndows ME?

touchring
20th July 2006, 06:09 AM
Let us, however, be rational a moment. Ok, release of IE 7.0 is going to restore some of Microsofts rather tarnished image, but it is not going to make them a lot of bread. Bill may be a self style philanthropist, but that doesn't extend to software users. IE 7.0 is not going to add a brass cent to the coffers, by contrast selling new operating systems will. Microsoft have killed of Windows 98 and Millenium to try to force people to upgrade in advance of the release of Vista, and then they will be trying desperately to get as many of the rest of us to upgrade to Vista. This will involve a massive advertising campaign, and yes pushing out all the stuff about IE 7.0 +, as it is now dubbed, will certainly be part of that. Don't, however be surprised if the Vista version is redubbed IE 8.0. Microsoft will do anything to push Vista sales. I very much doubt, however, that they are going to invest a lot in pushing a Freebie, which is why IE 7.0 has taken so long to materialise. Expect the XP version to slip out without much of a drum roll.

Good point about IE8 - IE7 is going to look like a beta of IE8. And if that's the case, an early release for IE7 maybe in sight.

Rubber Duck
20th July 2006, 06:12 AM
Mind reader!

I only hope for on-time and few bugs. Remember W*ndows ME?

Actually, from our perspective it doesn't really matter how crappy IE 7.0 is. It cannot be any worse than IE 6.0, indeed it must already be an improvement. What is critical is how fast it is taken up. With nearly all OS that don't support IE 7.0 currently being killed off and despite remours to the contrary the virtual certainty that most XP users will have upgraded to SP 2 (as SP1 will no longer be supported) and therefore highly likley to be eligible for the automatic updating of IE 7.0, the only conclusion I can reach is that it will be pretty damned fast. How quickly people adjust their browsing habits is another issue, but I would see substantial traffic growth within 4 to 6 weeks.

burnsinternet
20th July 2006, 06:34 AM
How quickly people adjust their browsing habits is another issue, but I would see substantial traffic growth within 4 to 6 weeks.

The recent automatic updates for XP have included at least one IE7 patch, so I agree that installation will occur quickly. Also, given the traffic we already receive from IE6 users, I think browsing habits and mindset won't have to change as radically as we might think.

In fact, it may very well be that IE6 is actually holding back the flood waters. I believe that the next big hurdle will be site development. I foresee a flood of traffic and then a reduction in the growth increase due to the large number of parking pages. The traffic growth will sharply increase as more sites are developed. Just as we see the secondary market ebb and flow, we will probably see waves of traffic, receding waves, a development and marketing push, and a return and steady increase of the traffic.

This rollercoaster ride isn't over yet. It will get crazier and faster with higher peaks, but (unlike a rollercoaster) prices should run uphill most of the way.

Rubber Duck
20th July 2006, 08:07 AM
The recent automatic updates for XP have included at least one IE7 patch, so I agree that installation will occur quickly.

This is actually very big news. Could we have a thread starter on this one?

burnsinternet
20th July 2006, 08:36 AM
OK, I thought everyone knew this was an automatic update. Not sure why it was automatic. I didn't ever have IE7 or the IDN plug-in installed on most of the PCs. Feel free to start a thread after reviewing the KB article at the bottom.

Brief details of the auto-updated patches on different OS:

Update for Windows XP (KB904942)
Install this update to resolve HTTP authentication issues in Windows-based systems that do not appear until Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 is installed.

Update for Windows Server 2003 (KB904942)
Install this update to resolve HTTP authentication issues in Windows-based systems that do not appear until Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 is installed.

Update for Windows Server x64 Edition (KB904942)

Update for Windows XP x64 Edition (KB904942)

Update for Windows Server 2003 for Itanium-based systems (KB904942)

Knowledgebase article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/904942

http://usmri.com/images/904942.jpg

burnsinternet
15th September 2007, 03:10 AM
I see some pretty bad IDNs for sale at ascii forums and on well-known auction sites now. Aside from grammatical errors, anyone?

I was just looking at two other places I frequent & a few people asking for good short domains. The domains I saw trying to be sold shouldn't have been registered in the first play.
I mean what planet thinks domains like qitc.com or nuoy.net remotely look good?

Anyway we can't be registering real Premium IDN domains forever. Even IDN domains I don't feel like registering look better than what's floating around in English. How long do we have till we start seeing a vast decrease in quality of the IDN domains showing up here?

I got a feeling that most of us are going to hold out a little bit but how long till people constantly start posting IDN domains that just make you say "What were you thinking"

This post from Feb 2006 is eerie....

jose
15th September 2007, 06:31 AM
I love the fact we're a group apart. That makes us closer to each other and that's cute.

burnsinternet
15th September 2007, 07:09 AM
Funny to look back at the old days that were not so long ago.

Rubber Duck
15th September 2007, 09:45 AM
Actually on topic, much of which is out there on the forum sucks!

burnsinternet
15th September 2007, 09:48 AM
Don't sugar coat it. What do you really think, RD? :p

dabsi
15th September 2007, 10:48 AM
Quality remains; even today it was possible to register 2 excellent french IDN :)

and hope to close a major transaction next week.

Nice Saturday from

DABSI

L@@K
15th September 2007, 11:52 AM
You forgot to take supériorité.com and xénophobie.com Dabsi
But I noticed you well have débile.com ! Nice choice for you.

Huître.com, each time I think about it I'm laughing, huître.com, hahaha !
huître.com ?
yes, huître.com ! Pfff'

jacksonm
15th September 2007, 12:48 PM
You forgot to take supériorité.com and xénophobie.com Dabsi
But I noticed you well have débile.com ! Nice choice for you.

Huître.com, each time I think about it I'm laughing, huître.com, hahaha !
huître.com ?
yes, huître.com ! Pfff'

Hey, I love oysters! When I stayed in Montpellier last year, I had my driver take me down to Bouzigues every evening for a big triple level tray of seafood and a bottle of Pinet on ice!

http://www.chezfrancine.fr/

http://www.chezfrancine.fr/images/galerie/maxi11.jpg

burnsinternet
8th January 2008, 11:53 PM
Hee hee hee.... Funny old thread.

Fka200
8th January 2008, 11:58 PM
Hee hee hee.... Funny old thread.

Maybe we should send Romeo a link to this thread? LOL!

thegenius1
9th January 2008, 12:07 AM
How long Long before we see Craig again ? Its going on a month

jacksonm
9th January 2008, 12:11 AM
How long Long before we see Craig again ? Its going on a month

Maybe he went to Georgia for Christmas and met a rattlesnake that wasn't in a particularly good mood. Or maybe they had an ice storm and are without electricity.

burnsinternet
9th January 2008, 12:19 AM
Maybe we should send Romeo a link to this thread? LOL!

My thoughts exactly!

Maybe he went to Georgia for Christmas and met a rattlesnake that wasn't in a particularly good mood. Or maybe they had an ice storm and are without electricity.

I am in Georgia. It has been 70F for days. No bad weather here. And aren't rattlesnakes in the US Southwest?

rhys
9th January 2008, 12:57 AM
My thoughts exactly!

I am in Georgia. It has been 70F for days. No bad weather here. And aren't rattlesnakes in the US Southwest?

Lots of rattlesnakes in Georgia (and cottonmouths!).

burnsinternet
9th January 2008, 01:19 AM
Must have been a snake. No ice storms lately. Olney? You OK?

jose
9th January 2008, 01:31 AM
Olney? You OK?

Last seen online: 12-19-2007 11:15 AM

alpha
9th January 2008, 03:11 AM
Have you seen this bear ?

Phone 1-800-missing-care-bear

Last sighted 12-19-2007

(artists impression)
http://bp3.blogger.com/_YRwxUrrGZmk/RbsHWI-6MtI/AAAAAAAAAUk/movhmOG-rsI/s320/bear+pictures+002.jpg

jacksonm
9th January 2008, 08:08 AM

City boy!