PDA

View Full Version : Korean Ovt vs Adwords bids

burnsinternet
10th April 2007, 04:02 AM
I have a Korean term with 40 Ovt bids. Bids start at ₩6,820 and don't go below ₩6,000 until the 16th bid. Google Adwords lists Average CPC: ₩642(at a maximum CPC of ₩3,585).

I have another term that Google Adwords sees Average CPC at ₩3,761(at a maximum CPC of ₩15,267) while Overture sees a the top five bids hovering around ₩4,500.

And another... Top Ovt bids ₩1,880 and a few more at or above ₩1,700. Google Average CPC at ₩2,282(at a maximum CPC of ₩4,568) between ₩1,825 - ₩2,738.

Google is sometimes higher, Yahoo is sometimes higher. Any reason why?

burnsinternet
15th April 2007, 09:07 AM
For clarification, ₩1,000 = $1 US approximately.

Today, 1 KRW = 0.00107613 USD or 1000 KRW = 1.07613 USD.

clipper
15th April 2007, 11:03 AM
I think you will see this in any language, depending on the keywords.

Most companies look at online marketing through a single lens, be it Yahoo or Google, or another outlet.

It really takes an ad agency to evaluate all the options, and most don't use them. Very few diversify, it turns out, which is why there are still opportunities out there.:)

burnsinternet
16th April 2007, 05:17 AM
I know very little about Korean, but assumed that they used Yahoo more than Google. Nice bids, but my Korean traffic is terrible.

bwhhisc
16th April 2007, 10:22 AM
Nice bids, but my Korean traffic is terrible.

You finding many Korean terms open? Seems they have done a good job of booking just about all idns in most extensions.

Asiaplay
19th May 2007, 04:42 AM
Hi All,

I have heard from guys in the SEO advertising area (based here in Asia) that the trend in Korea is very much to click on paid advertising in Search Engines ONLY... which might explain some of the rankings you are seeing.
This is a very different trend from other Asian markets... and maybe in part is due to some of the great / attractive paid click ads that are made in this market.

Trying to learn more on this myself... will post more here when I do learn more...
Any comments from others in the know would also be appreciated.

Cheers, Asiaplay

I know very little about Korean, but assumed that they used Yahoo more than Google. Nice bids, but my Korean traffic is terrible.

burnsinternet
19th May 2007, 04:58 AM
You finding many Korean terms open? Seems they have done a good job of booking just about all idns in most extensions.

As you know, I am terribly lucky or terribly foolish with Asian IDNs (aside from Japanese). I think I got lucky with a very few Thai and Korean very early in the game. I was pretty unlucky with Chinese. If you want to spend the time, I am sure Korean IDNs are still out there, but I only stumble upon them once in a while.

With Japanese, it was just hard work and hard cash. :p