PDA

View Full Version : How fast is the Arabic |Internet Growing?

Rubber Duck
19th April 2007, 12:43 PM
I was mulling the idea of putting a few more names up in our Elite Auction, and started to bang a few into Google to see what results came up. I was bit stunned by this little baby:

xn--mgbcjh7i.com البحث Search

Results 1 - 10 of about 165,000,000 for البحث. (0.05 seconds)

Results 1 - 20 of about 1,750,000 for البحث. (0.06 seconds)

Is the Arabic Internet starting to explode!

Another result:

xn--4gb0a.net عن Address

Results 1 - 10 of about 237,000,000 for عن. (0.07 seconds)

Results 1 - 20 of about 2,020,000 for عن. (0.45 seconds)

jacksonm
19th April 2007, 12:47 PM
I was mulling the idea of putting a few more names up in our Elite Auction, and started to bang a few into Google to see what results came up. I was bit stunned by this little baby:

xn--mgbcjh7i.com البحث Search

Results 1 - 10 of about 165,000,000 for البحث. (0.05 seconds)

Results 1 - 20 of about 1,750,000 for البحث. (0.06 seconds)

Is the Arabic Internet starting to explode!

As you will notice, google has started to cross-index languages.

Rubber Duck
19th April 2007, 12:58 PM
As you will notice, google has started to cross-index languages.

Google was doing some cross-indexing several years ago but I think if you flick past the first couple of pages you will see this is not a big factor.

Indeed it would seem that it is not Google that is doing the cross-referencing. Increasingly English Language sites are using keywords in non-Latin script!

I would suggest you look here as your view is being distorted by Geotargetting:

http://images.google.com.eg/images?hl=ar&q=%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A8%D8%AD%D8%AB%20&btnG=%D8%A8%D8%AD%D8%AB+Google%E2%80%8F&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&um=1&sa=N&tab=wi

ScottFish
19th April 2007, 05:28 PM
RD - I have come across many different Arabic sites when doing some SEO projects.
I dare say that the Arabic internet presence is equal to the English/US presence in around 1999, with some exceptions of course.

The cost to set up a forum or a bollyood blog is so cheap and you have teens or 20ish adults breaking out of the constrains of society, looking for dating sites and other "fringe" sites.

I think this is the growth right now.
Honestly.... There is huge traffic in this pace right now, regardless of whether you have an IDN or not.

Rubber Duck
19th April 2007, 05:34 PM
I think you have a strong point there. People can to some degree be who they want to be online. That is very powerful in more restrictive societies.

RD - I have come across many different Arabic sites when doing some SEO projects.
I dare say that the Arabic internet presence is equal to the English/US presence in around 1999, with some exceptions of course.

The cost to set up a forum or a bollyood blog is so cheap and you have teens or 20ish adults breaking out of the constrains of society, looking for dating sites and other "fringe" sites.

I think this is the growth right now.
Honestly.... There is huge traffic in this pace right now, regardless of whether you have an IDN or not.