PDA

View Full Version : My arabic IDN blog is now page rank 3

g
22nd April 2007, 02:51 PM
I was surprised to see that my blog is now page rank 3 on google page rank system !!!

the url is www.xn--mgb5a8an.com

I haven't even added any articles since long time.

it is only a simple page with listed IDNs for sale and many articles .

I cann't forget all people who supported the blog at its begining with interviews, url forwarding .....etc . I much appreciate all their efforts and help.

I thought this would be good news not only for me but also for all of you.

Cheers!
Gee

jacksonm
22nd April 2007, 02:56 PM
Congrats, G!

g
22nd April 2007, 03:12 PM
Congrats, G!

thanks jacksonm

Rubber Duck
22nd April 2007, 04:41 PM
You need to get posting.

Your Alexa Ranking has dropped 142,259!

g
22nd April 2007, 05:35 PM
You need to get posting.

Your Alexa Ranking has dropped 142,259!

yea you are right. members here have memorised the IDNs listed there and they need new article to visit the blog again :)

nevertheless , the blog is still getting more than 500 unique visitors per month from search engines .

I am lazy to write new articles as I feel I have said everything I have .

Fka200
22nd April 2007, 05:38 PM
congrats g ;) I always tell people to visit your blog when I am to lazy to explain to people what IDNs are.

The best is when I tell them to go to ni6ak .com and they ask me what the URL is again and i say its ni6ak .com... no one ever understands the first time, LOL.

g
22nd April 2007, 07:51 PM
congrats g ;) I always tell people to visit your blog when I am to lazy to explain to people what IDNs are.

The best is when I tell them to go to ni6ak .com and they ask me what the URL is again and i say its ni6ak .com... no one ever understands the first time, LOL.

Thanks Fka200 :)))

tell them go to xn--mgb5a8an

اكس ان شرطتين ام جي بي فايف ايه ايت ايه ان

they will never understand you even from the 1000s time , lol

Fka200
22nd April 2007, 08:08 PM
Thanks Fka200 :)))

tell them go to xn--mgb5a8an

اكس ان شرطتين ام جي بي فايف ايه ايت ايه ان

they will never understand you even from the 1000s time , lol

It is actually a problem sometimes when people are searching for (just using your site as an example) xn--mgb5a8an.com on Google to get to the website. Why, I don't know, but IDNs still hasn't caught on for some. But there are some who understand and search for just نطاق.com

touchring
23rd April 2007, 07:28 AM
It is actually a problem sometimes when people are searching for (just using your site as an example) xn--mgb5a8an.com on Google to get to the website. Why, I don't know, but IDNs still hasn't caught on for some. But there are some who understand and search for just نطاق.com

We have to wait for Firefox or IE7 to reach market saturation, perhaps 2 or 3 years' time, then webmasters will start to adopt idns en masses.

Rubber Duck
23rd April 2007, 09:11 AM
We have to wait for Firefox or IE7 to reach market saturation, perhaps 2 or 3 years' time, then webmasters will start to adopt idns en masses.

Principle is correct. Forget DNAME, having a critical mass of browsers is the key to everything.

Timescale is totally shot. We know that Vista did 20Million in its first month and actually it is coming on at about 2% a month. Of course no operating systems with IE6 have been sold since about December. So globally machine replacement has already accounted for about 12% IE7.

The pace of adoption will actually pick up when applications and drivers support Vista properly. By the time business community starts adopting the replacement rates are likely to be about 3-4% per month, don't forget their will be an initial surge as a lot of them will be holding back with the intention of buying Vista when the moment is right.

As Auto Updates, we can expect that to start happening in Japan, Korea and China in the next couple of weeks or so, so the rate of IE7 is will pick up in Asia.

I am becoming increasingly convinced that the back tracking to release IE7 for XP was only ever a defensive from M$ that seems to be backfiring big time. Vista is a massive piece of bloatware and slowest greediest component seems to be IE7, which was it would seem never going to sit comfortably with XP specification machines.

It would seem to me that a lot of people that might have been comparatively relaxed about IE6 cannot live with IE7 which is hamstringing their machines. Indeed it seems likely that much of the Firefox uptake might be driven by the need to escape the hell which is IE7.

Firefox seems to be gain traction Worldwide, and the M$ masterplan to stop that happening actually might just have made things worse, which might be why they are happy for IE7 to trickle out with Vista on upgraded platforms rather than force more people into the FF camp.

Either way we know that Europe is approaching 50% IDN compatibility and this trend is creaping east into Russia.

Critical Mass on IDN support will be achieved later this year and we know that a whole lot of content is waiting in the wings. In terms of China we know that government there will force the issue before year end.

Yes, there have been delays, and previous estimates have been too optimistic, largely because we have been taken in with lies from M$. However, critical mass will be achieved with 6 to 12 months at the latest, and we know there is already a huge amount of content ready and waiting in the wings.

Frankly, I would suggest that if it doesn't start to happen this year, we are looking at main engine failure and you can forget the whole business. Not that I think that is likely to be the case. DNAME will follow is to put the cherry on the top, but it not mission critical.

http://www.xitimonitor.com/Images/etudes/en-US/firefox0703_cartepays.png

touchring
23rd April 2007, 09:54 AM
Frankly, I would suggest that if it doesn't start to happen this year, we are looking at main engine failure and you can forget the whole business. Not that I think that is likely to be the case.

I disagree, it will surely take off even for chinese and japanese, even if it takes time.

Rubber Duck
23rd April 2007, 10:10 AM
I disagree, it will surely take off even for chinese and japanese, even if it takes time.

The fact that you disagree, probably serves to give my statements and predictions more credibility than anything else.

touchring
23rd April 2007, 10:15 AM
The fact that you disagree, probably serves to give my statements and predictions more credibility than anything else.

:)

Time will tell. Let's talk about this again, 2020.

Rubber Duck
23rd April 2007, 10:22 AM
:)

Time will tell. Let's talk about this again, 2020.

Well that is an improvement, I was finding it hard to understand why we would need to the full 15years you orginally muted to pass judgement on this matter.

You frankly just lack objective analysis. My statement will be prove correct or total rubbish within 12 months. Yours will prove correct or rubbish within 3 years. What are the extra ten years for? Or can you just not do basic arithmetic?

touchring
23rd April 2007, 10:31 AM
Well that is an improvement, I was finding it hard to understand why we would need to the full 15years you orginally muted to pass judgement on this matter.

You frankly just lack objective analysis. My statement will be prove correct or total rubbish within 12 months. Yours will prove correct or rubbish within 3 years. What are the extra ten years for? Or can you just not do basic arithmetic?

Well, my timeline is only a guess, how can one know how long it will take for one yuan to equal one dollar? The day will come, only when it will come?

I think Shanghai/Suzhou/Hangzhou region will make it there first before the rest of China, probably in 15 years, and probably beat the rest of the world, exceeding even New York and Tokyo in 30 years - which might sound incredible since European and even Japanese industrialization took 100 years?

Rubber Duck
23rd April 2007, 10:51 AM
Well, my timeline is only a guess, how can one know how long it will take for one yuan to equal one dollar? The day will come, only when it will come?

I think Shanghai/Suzhou/Hangzhou region will make it there first before the rest of China, probably in 15 years, and probably beat the rest of the world, exceeding even New York and Tokyo in 30 years. If you look at Markits, you know why, there are people like him all over there.

Well you have characteristically changed the subject and have shifted to something related but distinct. Or perhaps you didn't notice?

Anyway, as I have said previously the size of the Chinese Economy in dollar terms will drastically outpace the official internal growth figures.

There a number of reasons for this, but the principle one is that Yuan needs to appreciate by about 20% a year to achieve a sensible valuation in a meaningful time frame. If you add that to the official rates of growth which they are struggling to keep below 10% you already have 30%. You can also add to that additional economic activity that is not really in the official economy at this stage but that will be increasingly drawn in.

The biggest worry about China is inflation. That, however, in reality is not an issue. It is currently kept under control by the shear size of the labour pool. However, if things should prove difficult to control, all they need to do is revalue the Yuan which is inherently deflationary. Of course some revaluation of the Yuan is inevitable for this very reason.

In my book there is no way on this Earth that the US will still be the World's largest economy by 2015 let alone 2030. It is simply not attracting enough investment to ensure that that is the case. The US is hemmoraging capital. You can expect the size of the US economy to shrink in non-dollar terms through depreciation of the dollar which is already gathering pace. Every 1 cent movement on the dollar represents a 1 percent contraction of the US economy when measured in non-dollar terms. What you will actually see is the US coming down to meet China on its way up.

Also, what now comprises the lions share of the US economy now is service sector. At the moment this sector in China is very small but as the economy starts to mature it will dwarf the manufacturing industries which have been at the leading edge of China's capitalist revolution.

touchring
23rd April 2007, 12:37 PM
The biggest worry about China is inflation. That, however, in reality is not an issue. It is currently kept under control by the shear size of the labour pool. However, if things should prove difficult to control, all they need to do is revalue the Yuan which is inherently deflationary. Of course some revaluation of the Yuan is inevitable for this very reason.

China will have to go through a round of economic restructuring, namely the overheated luxury and office real estate market has to crash. Investments then would be diverted into education and research instead of building castles in the air. South Korea went throught that round ten years ago and comes out ever stronger today.

When this happens, China will take down the rest of East Asia along with it, and after that, maybe even infect the rest of the world.

Rubber Duck
23rd April 2007, 12:47 PM
China will have to go through a round of economic restructuring, namely the overheated luxury and office real estate market has to crash. Investments then would be diverted into education and research instead of building castles in the air. South Korea went throught that round ten years ago and comes out ever stronger today.

When this happens, China will take down the rest of East Asia along with it, and after that, maybe even infect the rest of the world.

Says, who? I have just posted an article at DNL that has announced the launching of lending by foriegn banks. With more liquidity coming into the market at this point, it seems unlikely that there is going to be a crash.

Banks will not have any worries as they know that Chinese realestate in 5 years time will be worth more than it is today.

Japan and South Korea have been on the expansion trail since the 1950s. It took them 40years to get into serious problems. China has really on been at it seriously for about 15years.

Furthermore, the World's largest market always has a priveledged position. Everyone wants in and nobody wants out because of the virtue of it being the largest market. This is always the case. The US and Britain before it, got away with excesses that others could not afford simply through the priveledge that the World's most stable currency offers. That priveledge will soon pass to China, so don't expect the gravy train to come off the rails anytime soon.