PDA

View Full Version : Dynadot holding domains?

domainstosell
24th April 2007, 02:34 AM
Look at the whois info for 東京.biz (check out the nameservers). What is up with this?:

Domain Name: XN--1LQS71D.BIZ
Domain ID: D17517703-BIZ
Sponsoring Registrar: DYNADOT LLC
Sponsoring Registrar IANA ID: 472
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited
Registrant ID: DEFAULT
Registrant Name: Dynadot, LLC
Registrant Address1: POB 1072
Registrant City: Belmont
Registrant State/Province: CA
Registrant Postal Code: 94002
Registrant Country: United States
Registrant Country Code: US
Registrant Phone Number: +1.6505851961
Registrant Facsimile Number: +1.4158692893
Registrant Email: info@dynadot.com
Administrative Contact ID: DEFAULT
Administrative Contact Name: Dynadot, LLC
Administrative Contact Address1: POB 1072
Administrative Contact City: Belmont
Administrative Contact State/Province: CA
Administrative Contact Postal Code: 94002
Administrative Contact Country: United States
Administrative Contact Country Code: US
Administrative Contact Phone Number: +1.6505851961
Administrative Contact Facsimile Number: +1.4158692893
Administrative Contact Email: info@dynadot.com
Billing Contact ID: DEFAULT
Billing Contact Name: Dynadot, LLC
Billing Contact Address1: POB 1072
Billing Contact City: Belmont
Billing Contact State/Province: CA
Billing Contact Postal Code: 94002
Billing Contact Country: United States
Billing Contact Country Code: US
Billing Contact Phone Number: +1.6505851961
Billing Contact Facsimile Number: +1.4158692893
Billing Contact Email: info@dynadot.com
Technical Contact ID: DEFAULT
Technical Contact Name: Dynadot, LLC
Technical Contact Address1: POB 1072
Technical Contact City: Belmont
Technical Contact State/Province: CA
Technical Contact Postal Code: 94002
Technical Contact Country: United States
Technical Contact Country Code: US
Technical Contact Phone Number: +1.6505851961
Technical Contact Facsimile Number: +1.4158692893
Technical Contact Email: info@dynadot.com
Name Server: NS1.FASTPARK.NET
Name Server: NS2.FASTPARK.NET
Created by Registrar: DYNADOT LLC
Last Updated by Registrar: DYNADOT LLC
Domain Registration Date: Tue Apr 24 01:00:20 GMT 2007
Domain Expiration Date: Wed Apr 23 23:59:59 GMT 2008
Domain Last Updated Date: Tue Apr 24 01:03:44 GMT 2007
Domain Name Language: jp
Unicode Hex: U+6771 U+4EAC
Unicode HTML: 東京

mulligan
24th April 2007, 02:39 AM
They have a few more than that I came across .. I know they were taking pre-orders so maybe this is going into the pool. However, at launch, after payment some of mine went into a holding pattern and all mainly went elswhere and money was credited to my account so it looks like the holding period is already over

tee1
24th April 2007, 02:50 AM
Mulligan, I don't know about you but they can debit my account if they need to find a home for that one. My account got credited pretty quick after launch, I only got a couple. oh well.
tee1

Drewbert
24th April 2007, 03:04 AM
What would be really interesting to find out is who has loaded it into the Namedrive account?

The boys at namedrive will be interested to find out there are people doing that with names they don't own.

mulligan
24th April 2007, 03:09 AM
What would be really interesting to find out is who has loaded it into the Namedrive account?

The boys at namedrive will be interested to find out there are people doing that with names they don't own.

I have come across this before and not infrequently either. I did ask them once who it was but never got a reply

burnsinternet
24th April 2007, 03:58 AM
It's been almost two hours and I still haven't received my credit. How long did it take you to get yours? Check the DD forum. I claimed Tokyo first if they don't want it. :)

tee1
24th April 2007, 04:06 AM
Burns
I received my credit pretty soon after the launch, within 30 minutes I think. You must be in the running for tokyo.biz is all I can think. :)

tee1

Drewbert
24th April 2007, 04:10 AM
When they push a credit through, where does it show on their website?

>You must be in the running for tokyo.biz is all I can think.

Check the current NS settings for that domains, just so ya'll know whose account it's sitting in.

tee1
24th April 2007, 04:15 AM
Summary tab, account balance. Its the last thing right after total spending. I think it also shows when you register/get the screen to pay for the name. It will ask if you wish to use your account balance. Thats when I noticed my account had been refunded and I knew you had already snagged all the good names.

tee1

mulligan
24th April 2007, 04:16 AM
Well my credits are all paid back and it happened within 10 or 20 minutes of launch.

Usually the orders stay in a box above where it says "New Domains" on your summary page until they are either fulfilled or your account has been credited so if your orders are still in a box above a list of your domains on the "Summary" page then it hasn't been processed or you are *maybe* in the running for whatever you preordered ??

Drewbert
24th April 2007, 04:21 AM
Ah ok. I usually have a float in there anyway, but it looks like it's gone back up a bit since when I finished putting preorders in. Got 3 out of 19.

Thanks for that.

burnsinternet
24th April 2007, 04:30 AM
Hmm... I went after the same ones you guys went after and they were all awarded to other people. None of mine are marked "Registered".

All but one were "Not Available" and one (銀行) was marked "Approved" whatever that means, but the WHOIS belongs to, no names mentioned, but the guy from Taiwan who got a lot of .biz love (can anyone say gongsi?).

I'd take Tokyo, but I am not expecting anything anymore. Maybe I shot too high, but I am not going to reg second-tier .biz domains just because they are possible. I am a little confused about why the rest were dispensed so quickly, but Tokyo was not. Also, what is Approved? Oh well, I have domains to renew at DD.

Drewbert
24th April 2007, 04:42 AM
The domain is showing "needsync" at dynadot, so I think they're system must have failed to push the new data ot the registry and have marked it for later.

As for the "approved" one - that sounds like it might be something to ask them about.

burnsinternet
24th April 2007, 04:49 AM
Sour grapes. :p

touchring
24th April 2007, 05:25 AM
Hmm... I went after the same ones you guys went after and they were all awarded to other people. None of mine are marked "Registered".

All but one were "Not Available" and one (銀行) was marked "Approved" whatever that means, but the WHOIS belongs to, no names mentioned, but the guy from Taiwan who got a lot of .biz love (can anyone say gongsi?).

I'd take Tokyo, but I am not expecting anything anymore. Maybe I shot too high, but I am not going to reg second-tier .biz domains just because they are possible. I am a little confused about why the rest were dispensed so quickly, but Tokyo was not. Also, what is Approved? Oh well, I have domains to renew at DD.

Business does not translate to gongsi. :)

The translator says 商务 or shangwu, but i doubt this is the correct translation for what ".biz" is in english language.

burnsinternet
24th April 2007, 05:47 AM
Business does not translate to gongsi. :)

The translator says 商务 or shangwu, but i doubt this is the correct translation for what ".biz" is in english language.

Ummm... I meant the proud owner of 公司.biz and many other top names.

touchring
24th April 2007, 05:55 AM
:x

burnsinternet
24th April 2007, 05:55 AM
Burns
I received my credit pretty soon after the launch, within 30 minutes I think. You must be in the running for tokyo.biz is all I can think. :)

tee1

xn--1lqs71d.biz went to another IDNFer. I struck out on all pre-ordered domains. Best of luck to all those who got some cool IDN.biz!

Olney
24th April 2007, 06:53 AM
All of you got some really great keywords
I'm curious to see the stats of the more competitive keywords when you guys develop.
Please don't hide them away if you get good rankings on the search engines.