PDA

View Full Version : Overture becomes subsidiary of Yahoo! Japan

Olney
25th April 2007, 02:06 PM
Yahoo! Japan announced it has become the parent company of Overture Japan. Unlike Yahoo publishing in the US Overture Japan & Overture Korea were both independent companies & still branded as Overture.

This news comes about before Overture Japan is expected to updated their system really soon.

After the upgrade I'm wondering if they will introduce a publishing system like adsense.

thegenius1
25th April 2007, 03:42 PM
I cant wait to monetize with yahoo japan ads , but i just hope that all the tools stay as they currently are.

markits
25th April 2007, 03:59 PM
I cant wait to monetize with yahoo japan ads , but i just hope that all the tools stay as they currently are.

You may need Japanese residency for that.

blastfromthepast
25th April 2007, 04:52 PM
You may need Japanese residency for that.

The best way to monetize Japanese sites is with affiliate programs — all of the best non-adult ones — require residency or a Japanese bank account.

markits
25th April 2007, 05:01 PM
The best way to monetize Japanese sites is with affiliate programs — all of the best non-adult ones — require residency or a Japanese bank account.
Yes, what a shame! A high proportion of top Japanese idns are owned by foreigners.

Drewbert
25th April 2007, 05:31 PM
Well, once the traffic starts flooding in, all the foreign owners can send their hits to a "Yahoo Japan sucks" page, and sit back and wait.

Olney
26th April 2007, 02:48 AM
Well, once the traffic starts flooding in, all the foreign owners can send their hits to a "Yahoo Japan sucks" page, and sit back and wait.

Nothing is directly related to Yahoo! Japan (exactly) for the affiliate programs, or Publishing Network.
Yahoo's only the parent company of both Value Commerce & Overture but both of them run pretty independently. I'm not sure about the US but in Japan there's like a Yahoo Group, made of companies that have Yahoo as the parent company or companies that parent company is owned by Yahoo.

The publishing network might come but I don't personally talk to any of the current reps at Overture.

More money is actually being spent on PPC with Yahoo! Japan than Google(adwords) over here, we'd most likely make more for competitive markets in PPC is Yaho Japan offered a publishing program. I know I'd change in a heartbeat.