PDA

View Full Version : IDN .biz question?

Charrua
27th April 2007, 01:05 AM
IDN .biz question?

When you register Traditional Chinese you get the Simplified Chinese too?

I have check some of my T Chinese .biz and some S Chinese .biz and i register only one version of them in some cases; and the two version appear on my name and when i check the IDNs in the browser they are there both TC and SC, in some cases whois only show Not found: bla bla bla.

What is going on?

Thanks.:)

jose
27th April 2007, 02:08 AM
Here: http://www.circleid.com/posts/chinese_japanese_idn_in_biz/

Charrua
27th April 2007, 02:12 AM
Here: http://www.circleid.com/posts/chinese_japanese_idn_in_biz/

Thank you Jose.:)

Now how i fix all that with the parking?

Take a look: 上网.biz and 上網.biz how i park this like one or two and if it is one why appear in each lenguage like TC and SC and not are just redirected?
Don't get me wrong for me is better but the parking are going to pay for both?

I have to check all SC and TC of my domains and park them, or just one?

tee1
27th April 2007, 02:13 AM
Thanks Jose, nice article, I found this part quite interesting.
"So, how does it work? Well, suppose you registered 電車.biz with the Chinese language tag, you will automatically get the simplified version of the domain, 电车.biz, placed into the DNS for you. No one can register any combination of variants of the domain, e.g. 电車.biz and 電车.biz.

What if you registered a mixed version 電车.biz, also with the Chinese tag? Well, you get that PLUS 電車.biz (traditional) and 电车.biz (simplified) giving you 3 domains in total! That is because we respect the registrant’s request, even if it looks like a mixed- traditional and simplified string. Whatever you asked for, if it doesn’t clash with another registered domain, will always be given to you.

If, however, the Japanese tag was used to register 電車.biz, that would be the only domain that you’d get. Once that is registered, other variations of the domain name in Chinese will not be allowed to register. This is a slight deviation from JPRS’s appraoch, which treats them as distinct domains. We feel that this conservative approach offers better protection for the registrant."

So that was the skinny on our Chinese and Japanese Internationalized Domain Names offering. Is it me or do Han characters look very good with .BIZ? =)"

Fka200
27th April 2007, 02:32 AM
Thanks Jose, nice article, I found this part quite interesting.
"So, how does it work? Well, suppose you registered 電車.biz with the Chinese language tag, you will automatically get the simplified version of the domain, 电车.biz, placed into the DNS for you. No one can register any combination of variants of the domain, e.g. 电車.biz and 電车.biz.

What if you registered a mixed version 電车.biz, also with the Chinese tag? Well, you get that PLUS 電車.biz (traditional) and 电车.biz (simplified) giving you 3 domains in total! That is because we respect the registrant’s request, even if it looks like a mixed- traditional and simplified string. Whatever you asked for, if it doesn’t clash with another registered domain, will always be given to you.

If, however, the Japanese tag was used to register 電車.biz, that would be the only domain that you’d get. Once that is registered, other variations of the domain name in Chinese will not be allowed to register. This is a slight deviation from JPRS’s appraoch, which treats them as distinct domains. We feel that this conservative approach offers better protection for the registrant."

So that was the skinny on our Chinese and Japanese Internationalized Domain Names offering. Is it me or do Han characters look very good with .BIZ? =)"

Cr@p. I don't remember if I used the Chinese language tag.

Drewbert
27th April 2007, 09:45 AM
Apologies to Adam Sandler, but this is information I really could have done with BEFORE the registry switched on CJ .biz.

Bummer when you pick Japanese as the language to register 東京biz only to find out a few days later that if you'd selected Chinese instead, you would have got 東京.biz included for free!

Anyone with diplomacy skills willing to approach the registry to find out if they will allow language tag changes?