PDA

View Full Version : Pointless thread, but wow: Everything's Gone!

Fka200
27th April 2007, 05:21 PM
I am still trying to fresh reg, but it's not as easy as it was in September!

I started a little later than most here and found a LOT of fresh regs that were still available in September... but now... NOTHING.

I'll get lucky once in a while, but seriously, everything is gone. Even crap terms.

I've tried this across a majority of languages: Arabic, Hebrew, Russian, Chinese, and Japanese.

I even tried to get into some other languages, but a lot of those are gone also!

So is it just a waiting game now? The progress since October is amazing... seriously I feel like every month is a new milestone crossed.

Just wondering if anyone else is still fresh reg'in (other than .biz!... i'm talking about .com/.net!) ?? ;)

Useless thread, but that's what boredom does.

thegenius1
27th April 2007, 05:29 PM
Congrats on your 500th post

Im afraid the window is about to shut ! Congrats to all the Soldiers or Moonies as some say.

Fka200
27th April 2007, 05:38 PM
Congrats on your 500th post

Im afraid the window is about to shut ! Congrats to all the Soldiers or Moonies as some say.

Exactly. (Thanks for the Congrats ;)). The window is truly about to shut, great way to put it.

I was wondering if I should even go back and pick up some of my scraps that I left behind! (Although 90% of those were picked up in March!)

Rubber Duck
27th April 2007, 05:41 PM
We few, we happy few, we band of Moonies;
For he today that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition:
And gentlemen in England now abed
Shall think themselves accursed they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day. (IV, iii)

mdw
27th April 2007, 05:53 PM
I'm still fresh regging a small number of domains on a regular basis. The best stuff was gone long ago - true.

These days I'm registering generic consumer goods and services, 2-word combos that fit some pattern I like, names of common household items, .nets backing up .coms that I really like and, as always, some garbage that shouldn't be regged at all.

Fka200
27th April 2007, 05:57 PM
I'm still fresh regging a small number of domains on a regular basis. The best stuff was gone long ago - true.

These days I'm registering generic consumer goods and services, 2-word combos that fit some pattern I like, names of common household items, .nets backing up .coms that I really like and, as always, some garbage that shouldn't be regged at all.

I keep telling myself to stop checking words, but I can't help it!

I always remember idns signature " Take the change while you still can, " LOL. Somene rent his sig space so he can remove it!

rhys
27th April 2007, 06:19 PM
I still picked up some gems this month in .com/.net/.jp (in Japanese of course). But it is slow going, I don't spend much time on regging anymore. .BIZ was a brief exception, 48 hours of fun.

jacksonm
27th April 2007, 06:22 PM
I still picked up some gems this month in .com/.net/.jp (in Japanese of course). But it is slow going, I don't spend much time on regging anymore. .BIZ was a brief exception, 48 hours of fun.

Heh! Did you even bother to sleep at all?

rhys
27th April 2007, 06:27 PM
Heh! Did you even bother to sleep at all?

Actually, I slept like a baby. I was most unsettled in the first hour of the opening of JP .biz when I was trapped in a business meeting and dying to go home!

alpha
27th April 2007, 09:12 PM
..everything is gone. Even crap terms..

this simply just isn't true.

What does "everything" mean?

Single nouns?
Combinations with high ovt, google trends, bids?

Think what you are saying, our ascii cousins have been regging for a decade in one language - and yes undoubtedly most fresh reg ascii's are extremely speculative/rubbish - but they won't all be.

so you really think everything of value today/tomorrow has been regged by a minority in dozens of languages in such a short time? thats just silly

Maybe your acceptance criteria is just too high. there a tons of good brandable names, and tons of combos with good ovt and bids that are paying *now* on adsense sites i put recently. These are .com's i regged recently.

If you are determined to find names to reg, then you just need to spend longer looking or use more advanced techniques.

thegenius1
27th April 2007, 09:25 PM
this simply just isn't true.

What does "everything" mean?

Single nouns?
Combinations with high ovt, google trends, bids?

Think what you are saying, our ascii cousins have been regging for a decade in one language - and yes undoubtedly most fresh reg ascii's are extremely speculative/rubbish - but they won't all be.

so you really think everything of value today/tomorrow has been regged by a minority in dozens of languages in such a short time? thats just silly

Maybe your acceptance criteria is just too high. there a tons of good brandable names, and tons of combos with good ovt and bids that are paying *now* on adsense sites i put recently. These are .com's i regged recently.

If you are determined to find names to reg, then you just need to spend longer looking or use more advanced techniques.

CAPTAIN SAVE THE WORLD SHHHHHHH! :p

jacksonm
27th April 2007, 09:26 PM

And don't forget to recommend all newcomers to stick to the secondary market :-)

alpha
27th April 2007, 09:29 PM
And don't forget to recommend all newcomers to stick to the secondary market :-)

lol

actually i'd recommend that a newcomer have a 2 prong strategy of acquire in the secondary market while also picking up a shovel and digging deep for fresh regs.

burnsinternet
27th April 2007, 09:30 PM
It is getting more difficult, even when you lower your standards. Tons of great domain names in dot net are still out there. I just can't stomach those yet.... Once in a while, but not often, I will reg one.

jose
27th April 2007, 09:35 PM
How about the drops?

I plan to restart my spider script one of these days to check if people have dropped anything good. Have you? LOL

Fka200
27th April 2007, 09:47 PM

That might be it. But it seems someone came in around February/March and just swept up the last of what I consider "good" terms (at least in Arabic...)

There are probably still some gems out there, but boy are they getting hard to find.

thegenius1
27th April 2007, 09:47 PM
How about the drops?

I plan to restart my spider script one of these days to check if people have dropped anything good. Have you? LOL

:eek: Stop playing unfair LOL !

Rubber Duck
27th April 2007, 09:50 PM
:eek: Stop playing unfair LOL !

Well once the traffic starts to take off the Kiters will take the lot anyway, IDN or no IDN, they won't give a damn.

burnsinternet
28th April 2007, 01:29 AM
Traffic is happening. I am having my best PPC month ever. Russian, Swedish, Polish, French, and Spanish are leading the pack with record numbers. Russian, Swedish, and Polish have always done well but now things are moving along.

I have been buying Japanese IDNs on the secondary market for the last few months because it is hard to find new regs. I have regged very few recently.

Fka200
28th April 2007, 01:38 AM
Traffic is happening. I am having my best PPC month ever. Russian, Swedish, Polish, French, and Spanish are leading the pack with record numbers. Russian, Swedish, and Polish have always done well but now things are moving along.

I have been buying Japanese IDNs on the secondary market for the last few months because it is hard to find new regs. I have regged very few recently.

Traffic is up. You gettin anything in the XXX range/month? Anyone getting anything in the XXXX?

Just wondering if the portfolio as a WHOLE is up... like names that never got traffic now do etc. I want to sell some off due to some stupid mistakes I made using my Visa, but damn! It's so hard to tell!

At this point I'm 99% sure I will re-reg 99% of everything I have.

burnsinternet
28th April 2007, 01:57 AM
I know some IDNers out there who have been getting xxx monthly from single domains consistently. Mine is more spread out. I do have a couple of stars that make the most consistently, but my portfolio is not top-notch. Mile-wide, inch-deep. Most make under $1 per month. Many get no traffic or clicks.

No making fun of my stats! Examples of some of my top PPC earners from April:

Revenue Views Clicks CTR Avg PPC
US$ 27.62 4241 515 % 12.14 US$ 0.05
US$ 20.71 2259 494 % 21.87 US$ 0.04
US$ 4.48 48 8 % 16.67 US$ 0.56
US$ 4.56 296 121 % 40.88 US$ 0.04
US$ 3.02 128 61 % 47.66 US$ 0.05
US$ 2.98 160 102 % 63.75 US$ 0.03
US$ 2.69 266 106 % 39.85 US$ 0.03
US$ 2.21 17 1 % 5.88 US$ 2.21
US$ 2.14 28 23 % 82.14 US$ 0.09
US$ 1.61 26 6 % 23.08 US$ 0.27
US$ 1.42 28 17 % 60.71 US$ 0.08

Many falling between 1.40 and 1.00 but most are under 1.00.

I am probably giving out too much information here, but.... By the way, my entire Japanese domain portfolio (xxx domains) in April so far:

Revenue US$ 0.39
Views 54
Clicks 4
CTR % 7.41
Avg PPC US$ 0.10

As I wrote, my portfolio is not top notch. :o

Fka200
28th April 2007, 03:58 AM
Whoa, one name earned 28$ through PPC? Jeez.

That should be a goldmine in the future.

burnsinternet
28th April 2007, 04:34 AM
For a long time, PPC was very low, even for those two, but they have always been at the top. I hope this upward trend with Latin and Cyrillic continues and that Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Thai, and Arabic get better. This month is a record setter.

This was cool: US$ 2.21 17 1 % 5.88 US$ 2.21 (one click at $2.21).

Fka200
28th April 2007, 04:57 AM
For a long time, PPC was very low, even for those two, but they have always been at the top. I hope this upward trend with Latin and Cyrillic continues and that Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Thai, and Arabic get better. This month is a record setter.

This was cool: US$ 2.21 17 1 % 5.88 US$ 2.21 (one click at $2.21).

Awesome. I'd dream of a 0.02cent click, LOL.

I over exaggerate a little about how bad PPC is, but seriously, the clicks I am receiving are so crappy in payment but the traffic is increasing. I'm not sure many people like traffic from Asia?

I'm still on the lookout for fresh regs since I probably can't afford another roll @ secondary market. I would be interested, though. You know, if someone good comes by, you can't say no!

Wot
28th April 2007, 05:10 AM
Awesome. I'd dream of a 0.02cent click, LOL.

I over exaggerate a little about how bad PPC is, but seriously, the clicks I am receiving are so crappy in payment but the traffic is increasing. I'm not sure many people like traffic from Asia?

I'm still on the lookout for fresh regs since I probably can't afford another roll @ secondary market. I would be interested, though. You know, if someone good comes by, you can't say no!

For me, a late starter, Thai are getting the best ppc ranging from $0.1 - $0.35 , not huge traffic but improving by the month.

Did get one click at $0.55 for a Japanese .com but traffic and any clicks is a rarity.

Chinese , traffic is up and down at Dopa , no consistency.

burnsinternet
28th April 2007, 05:14 AM
Honestly, the only reason I kept believing in IDN was the traffic to my top Russian domains. Nothing else was getting traffic, but ONLY Russian domains were making more than a dollar a month (each) in Spring and Summer 2006. Not all of them, but some were making money.

They saw LOTS of traffic month after month. It wasn't a fluke. Polish and Swedish didn't get the same amount of traffic, but the CTR is incredible. If I didn't have that experience, I would not have bought so many Japanese domains on the aftermarket.

My French and Spanish are really picking up steam, even though we have 'heard' that Latin domains are a waste of money. Clicks are now paying better overall.

I have spent a lot of time and money on this crazy IDN thing, but I think it is going to turn out OK. For all of us.

Fka200
28th April 2007, 05:22 AM
IDNs are a no-brainer. I told some guy he could buy domains in his native language and he nearly peed his pants.

burnsinternet
28th April 2007, 06:00 AM
Maybe so, but when I mentioned it to native speakers, they thought it was interesting but showed little interest.

Of course, they were not domainers. I have never met another domainer in person. Lots of people who claim to build web sites, but no real domainers.

The traffic was so bad in 2005 and even 2006, IDNF and DNLocal were the only support group I had. It was nice to find another bunch of addicts. :p

Fka200
28th April 2007, 06:15 AM
Maybe so, but when I mentioned it to native speakers, they thought it was interesting but showed little interest.

Of course, they were not domainers. I have never met another domainer in person. Lots of people who claim to build web sites, but no real domainers.

The traffic was so bad in 2005 and even 2006, IDNF and DNLocal were the only support group I had. It was nice to find another bunch of addicts. :p

Awww 2005 and you're complainin' about your portfolio! I'm flying out to the ATL and open a can of... beans?

LOL. I hope you understood that "lingo."

Yeah, I talked to some natives about IDNs a couple months ago and they started laughing. "Why would we need it in another language if there is English?"

My response: Cause not everyone in the world is a genius like you and speaks English so 'flewently' (this guy was spelling so many words incorrectly that I just had to).

Wish I still had the convo saved, it was pretty funny. I should be meeting him in about 2 months. I promised him some interesting stats, but I never did get around to trading some domains for the ones that I actually needed :D.

touchring
28th April 2007, 06:50 AM
I know some IDNers out there who have been getting xxx monthly from single domains consistently. Mine is more spread out. I do have a couple of stars that make the most consistently, but my portfolio is not top-notch. Mile-wide, inch-deep. Most make under $1 per month. Many get no traffic or clicks.

Nice, but i had a feeling that Sedo is paying more for IDN PPC now. ND is reducing pay out slowly. They have to, or where does the money for the affiliate programs come from?

Anyone here using Sedo, care to share?

Rubber Duck
28th April 2007, 06:57 AM
Nice, but i had a feeling that Sedo is paying more for IDN PPC now. ND is reducing pay out slowly. They have to, or where does the money for the affiliate programs come from?

Anyone here using Sedo, care to share?

Don't follow your logic.

ND payment is a percentage of what they get from Google and it is fixed.

Sedo on the other hand probably because they are looking a let sophisticated client base and for reasons of profiteering just come up with a number there and then, which is supposed to be a regional average, but it seems to be largely discriminatory.

What you need to put into your algorithm is that payouts vary on a seasonal basis as the bids from advertisers vary on a seasonal basis. For a lot of items the run up to Christmas attracts the most advertising revenue, but that is not necessary true for things like garden furniture, ice cream and suntan lotion.

Fka200
28th April 2007, 07:06 AM
I have to go against Dave on this matter... which is a first for me since I usually agree with a lot he has to say.

Sedo is cr@p and Namedrive is cr@p. I really hate both of them; honestly.

Dave look at this:

2007 February - 2.73
2007 January - 2.40
2006 December - 2.28

That's what I made the WHOLE MONTH. With ALL my domains at Namedrive. (I do have domains all over the place... though. This is probably for around 100ish domains? I'm not really sure anymore!)

My average PPC: US$ 0.01

I get so many 0.00 clicks it's not even funny. I am moving everything I have to Sedo, which is not that much better, but at least I'm getting ~10ish/month--and that's not even with my whole portfolio.

Yeah, $10. It's a joke with the Arabic PPC market (I don't have much of other languages). I'm really not enjoying it, but what can I do. That's why it's so hard for me to justify buying on the secondary market with xxxx prices sometimes.

The only reason I am pushing towards mini-development without advertisements (Adsense doesn't support Arabic yet, and the rest of the PPC have NOT allowed me to put their ads on my sites--except for Adbrite which pays crap) is because I don't really care about losing those the $10.

Rubber Duck
28th April 2007, 07:22 AM
Actually Fka200, we don't disagree. You are correct. But Sedo are probably overlooking the fact that they are paying you more than your traffic is currently worth.

Sedo normally pay a flat 3 centimes, and yes Arabic payouts are often miserly, although my average this month was 4 cents per click. I get one or two larger clicks thrown in at Namedrive.

The reason the payouts are low is that Google is struggling to launch the Adwords model in Arabic countries. Once it gets some momentum I can assure you ND will be a better option than Sedo.

Fka200
28th April 2007, 07:29 AM
Actually Fka200, we don't disagree. You are correct. But Sedo are probably overlooking the fact that they are paying you more than your traffic is currently worth.

Sedo normally pay a flat 3 centimes, and yes Arabic payouts are often miserly, although my average this month was 4 cents per click. I get one or two larger clicks thrown in at Namedrive.

The reason the payouts are low is that Google is struggling to launch the Adwords model in Arabic countries. Once it gets some momentum I can assure you ND will be a better option than Sedo.

I hope you're right because that is the only reason I am keeping some names at Namedrive. I REALLY would love to move them out, but I don't want my account to go dry, so I keep some just to keep things active. I also do agree with you: Sedo IS probably paying more than the traffic is worth... but I'm not complaining--actually I am :-/.

Oh well ;) I should start learning Japanese... LOL.

touchring
28th April 2007, 07:32 AM
Yes, ND was the favorite for IDNs about 6 mths ago, but i think SEdo has caught up. Is 'idn' there? can you share your findings?

Thks.

Rubber Duck
28th April 2007, 07:33 AM
I have to say that I would not spit in their spitoon.

Sedo have made Traffics look like Champions for IDN.

It will be a dark day in hell!

burnsinternet
28th April 2007, 07:33 AM
The bulk of my clicks are under .05, too. Many times, they are .00 or .01 clicks. I have had days this year with only 5 clicks and $.03 revenue or worse for the whole portfolio. More days like that last year than I can count!

It is just recently that payouts are improving, and that is only with a few languages. Swedish is the best on average for me. Russian gets strong traffic, but gets low click payouts.

Control what you can control. The traffic will come. ND has been good to me. I have plenty of ASCII parked at SEDO and now that portfolio is completely outclassed by my IDNs.

jacksonm
28th April 2007, 08:00 AM
I am probably giving out too much information here, but.... By the way, my entire Japanese domain portfolio (xxx domains) in April so far:

Revenue US$ 0.39
Views 54
Clicks 4
CTR % 7.41
Avg PPC US$ 0.10

Japanese sucks for PPC, from what I've seen.

I only have one Japanese domain on which I get traffic. For this month, it has made:

Revenue US $ 0.47
Views 51
Clicks 6

That sucks by any stretch of the imagination.

Fka200
28th April 2007, 08:11 AM
I've got one Japanese IDN .com that has made around 1.50$ this month--I hand reg'd it around April 12 so I was surpised it made money so quick. It's one of my highest earners.

Other than that, Japanese was not so friendly with me. I'm sure it was because I had crap terms. I tasted a lot of Japanese IDNs and gave up on them in the end. The $1.50 one I forgot to drop, but happy I didn't. Maybe the others were earners also? Oh well!

burnsinternet
28th April 2007, 08:31 AM
I have some pretty decent Japanese IDN. Nothing outrageous, but decent. Some of them would be making better PPC if they were in another language. They suck right now. I need to start developing them.

Patience for now.

rhys
28th April 2007, 09:32 AM
Because of all the complaining about PPC on Namedrive I went and took my first visit to namedrive in a while. Here are my stats:

Japanese .com/.net portfolio : $11.83 on 923 views and 78 clicks.

.jp portfolio : $1.92 on 113 views and 13 clicks

Thai portfolio: $9.38 on 925 views and 289 clicks

Vietnamese:$.24 on 31 views and 8 clicks

Japanese .tv domains: $2.05 on 19 views and 3 clicks!!!

and in a surprise showing

Bulgarian domains $.41 cents on 4 views and 2 clicks!

Do what you want with the data

burnsinternet
28th April 2007, 09:38 AM
Your Thai domains must be rockin'! What no Russian?

Fka200
28th April 2007, 10:18 AM
Thanks to Alpha I went on another IDN hunt.

Lets just say I won't be eating out for a while. LOL.

Thanks a lot, Gary!

alpha
28th April 2007, 10:22 AM
Thanks to Alpha I went on another IDN hunt.

Lets just say I won't be eating out for a while. LOL.

Thanks a lot, Gary!

lol

eating out makes you fat anyway. Idning is officially good for your health.

Fka200
28th April 2007, 10:26 AM
lol

eating out makes you fat anyway. Idning is officially good for your health.

LOL

alpha
28th April 2007, 10:26 AM
I'm doing a lap of honor now

the other thing i have noticed is that you can grade idns 4 ways

good
average
bad
(and .ws :rolleyes: )

most will agree on whats good
most will agree on whats bad

but the stuff in the middle is all subjective, and it is largely guaged by how good your "good ones" are

so when the renewals come round, some people drop some average stuff, or to them maybe its even "bad" who knows.

the point is, its a forever moving target. if you keep looking you will keep finding :)

Fka200
28th April 2007, 10:28 AM
I'll give ya reg fee for the domains your gunna drop! Am I dreaming? :D

bwhhisc
28th April 2007, 11:26 AM
April Month to date at Namedrive, an improvement over the last 3 months, up from $20 a month to about $40
Russian US$ 13.27 1887 views 364 clicks US$ 0.04
Japanese US$ 12.90 1325 views 78 clicks 5.89 US$ 0.17
Thai US$ 1.10 381 views 55 clicks US$ 0.02
French US$ 4.74 326 views 57 clicks US$ 0.08
Chinese US$ 0.89 311 views 16 clicks US$ 0.06
Arabic US$ 1.28 272 views 36 clicks US$ 0.04
Single Character JP-CN US$ 1.07 127 views, 11 clicks US$ 0.10
Spanish US$ 0.96 107 views, 13 clicks, US $ .07
not including small accounts, Greek, Czech etc.
TOTAL month to date US$ 37.53 5055 views, 644 clicks at average US$ 0.06

.17 a pop average with Japanese is so far consistant
Arabic traffic and revenue has never been there for me. Russian is definately improving the best.
Lots of bot activity this month particularly on Japanese/Chinese

burnsinternet
28th April 2007, 11:38 AM
Dang, Bill. You must have some tasty Japanese domains!

bwhhisc
28th April 2007, 12:33 PM
Dang, Bill. You must have some tasty Japanese domains!

The ones that get traffic and clicks are mostly "game" related names and adult.
Spread pretty evenly over about 30 or 40 names that get steady traffic and clicks.

The "Ringtones" template at Namedrive has been a good one for Japanese game idns.

alpha
28th April 2007, 01:07 PM
views-clicks-ctr

ND month of April

Japanese 3,382 439 12.98%
Arabic 1,393 357 25.63%
Russian 702 62 8.83%

Adsense for month of April

Japanese 25,660 2,833 11.04%

(*Loads* of Japanese names parked at ND, a *few* moved across to Adsense)

revenue not shown ;)

bwhhisc
28th April 2007, 01:46 PM
views-clicks-ctr
ND month of April
Japanese 3,382 439 12.98%
Arabic 1,393 357 25.63%
Russian 702 62 8.83%
Adsense for month of April
Japanese 25,660 2,833 11.04%
(*Loads* of Japanese names parked at ND, a *few* moved across to Adsense)
revenue not shown ;)

Does your traffic at your mini-sites continue to be steady or growing each month?
Also, can you share average adsense payout for Japanese ads, and if they are indeed related to the "bid" amounts.

thegenius1
28th April 2007, 02:38 PM
THOSE THAT HAVEN'T SHOULD SIGN UP FOR ADSENSE !!! (http://IDNaffiliates.com/adsense.html)

mulligan
28th April 2007, 04:24 PM
Does your traffic at your mini-sites continue to be steady or growing each month?
Also, can you share average adsense payout for Japanese ads, and if they are indeed related to the "bid" amounts.

Little or no correlation to the bids as they are for Yahoo but many many times the revenue generated by parking

thegenius1
28th April 2007, 04:35 PM
Little or no correlation to the bids as they are for Yahoo but many many times the revenue generated by parking

You can however check bids for google.

clipper
28th April 2007, 06:02 PM

With very limited stats I have seen an average of .205 per click with a term that has a Estimated Avg. CPC of .78 for slots 1-3 on the Adwords keyword tool.

I am using a lot of ads, also, unlike some who go for the less is more strategy.

No correlation to the OVT bid tool, with its average bid over $2.:mad:

Pete
28th April 2007, 07:12 PM
Some stats from my namedrive, if it can be useful:

French portfolio (180 names): 280 views, 47 clicks
Monthly Total : 4.31$ (mostly from 10 good performers, not sure why)

Some of my symbol domains also make money; too bad they probably won't be around for long.

By the way, I find there are still a lot of good french stuff out there (my best seller is actually a two words domain).

rhys
29th April 2007, 03:31 AM

I've never done that analysis myself comparing to yahoo bid amounts. And yes my traffic on specific sites waxes and wanes but it is still chugging along. I average between 11 cents and 15 cents per month per click on my developed sites. Let's just say that in one day via adsense I make a multiple of what I make all month on namedrive for my entire portfolio put together (thai included).

touchring
29th April 2007, 05:49 AM

Google takes 80% of high bids. E.g 1000 yen click, they give you 200 yen.

rhys
29th April 2007, 07:22 AM

Touch I believe you but what is your source?

touchring
29th April 2007, 07:34 AM
Touch I believe you but what is your source?

I don't think google will review publicly their payout, and probably only the most highly ranked of google staff on million dollars stock option will have access to the payout algo.

I was doing google search arbitrage from 2004 to 2005, and from my experience, even the most expensive keywords (those that rank $20 or $30 on those top 500 adword lists) rarely get you more than $1 to $2.50 per click. Of cos, there will be an ocassional $10.

And there's that $50 Mesothimeia, damn, how to spell? :p

Anyway, Google's profit is quite insane if you consider it's recurring, subscription, and not one time. I think with that profit and R&D base, very soon, they can start offering every software for free and probably even pay you for using that software! :o

Rubber Duck
29th April 2007, 09:01 AM

I have discussed this on here several times before. It is all down to market forces. If what you have to offer is going to bring in more revenue, then they will accept it. If they don't really need what you are offering then all you get is crumbs.

I don't think that is the case that they cap the value of your clicks, but is highly likely that satisfy demand for a lot of high value click from their own adverts. If they never show high value Ads on your site, you will never get the high value clicks. Lets face it they are not going to stuff their own search pages with low value clicks now are they?

thegenius1
29th April 2007, 01:38 PM

Your Theories can so very easily be disproved.

Rubber Duck
29th April 2007, 03:03 PM
Your Theories can so very easily be disproved.

the·o·ry (thē'ə-rē, thîr'ē) pronunciation
n., pl. -ries.

1. A set of statements or principles devised to explain a group of facts or phenomena, especially one that has been repeatedly tested or is widely accepted and can be used to make predictions about natural phenomena.
2. The branch of a science or art consisting of its explanatory statements, accepted principles, and methods of analysis, as opposed to practice: a fine musician who had never studied theory.
3. A set of theorems that constitute a systematic view of a branch of mathematics.
4. Abstract reasoning; speculation: a decision based on experience rather than theory.
5. A belief or principle that guides action or assists comprehension or judgment: staked out the house on the theory that criminals usually return to the scene of the crime.
6. An assumption based on limited information or knowledge; a conjecture.

http://www.answers.com/topic/theory

I think we are talking definition 6 rather than 1.

Perhaps we should seek a new terms to describe these contributions. My proposal:

as·ser·tion (ə-sûr'shən) pronunciation
n.

1. The act of asserting.
2. Something declared or stated positively, often with no support or attempt at proof.

alpha
30th April 2007, 04:33 AM
while you are all still bitching about the price of fish...

I just dug up

千.jp means "1000". all of these single character number representations have long gone across the board.., cute little 10k ovt for this puppy

and I just made a personal milestone. I just bagged a financial Japanese .com where Digirock hold only the .net - maybe it was once variant blocked at some stage - buy hey, makes a nice change

** sit up and take note guys, I know there are a number of you who are sitting on .nets where the .com is now open - get organised FFS **

Olney
30th April 2007, 04:48 AM
Actually this is a bit incorrect. I think they do give us 30% to 40%. Advertisers can advertise on Google Search, or the content network. All the tools we have can only show us what advertisers are paying for Google Search.

But if it's a really competitive market, the big boys will pay high end for Google search while lower end companies may try to compete by advertising in the content network. It depends on the market.

touchring
30th April 2007, 04:56 AM
Actually this is a bit incorrect. I think they do give us 30% to 40%. Advertisers can advertise on Google Search, or the content network. All the tools we have can only show us what advertisers are paying for Google Search.

But if it's a really competitive market, the big boys will pay high end for Google search while lower end companies may try to compete by advertising in the content network. It depends on the market.

Question: how does Google increase profits 50% quarter on quarter, while parking and adsense profits reduces every quarter. Considering that the internet surfing population in America increases about 5% a year, and Google market share doesn't increase more than a few % every quarter, a 50% quarter after quarter increase in profits is quite incredible.

No matter how you count it, it's impossible to come out with the performance figures - unless -> they keep reducing payout every quarter.

Olney
30th April 2007, 05:08 AM
Well this week I was in the situation to own a set of domains that are in the same target for a campaign for one of my companies biggest client.
I literally saw the increase in my PPC as companies increased spending in this market suddenly.
I have an idea of what companies might have been spending in that market, it might equal out...

Google pays ad agencies a certain percent too, so not all the money goes to them. Then the rate for Premium Adsense owners & regular is different.

We are at the low end but truthfully no one knows...

There still are lots of markets that You can throw the money at Google but there's still not enough usage yet, these markets are making the growth.

touchring
30th April 2007, 06:03 AM
Well this week I was in the situation to own a set of domains that are in the same target for a campaign for one of my companies biggest client.
I literally saw the increase in my PPC as companies increased spending in this market suddenly.
I have an idea of what companies might have been spending in that market, it might equal out...

Google pays ad agencies a certain percent too, so not all the money goes to them. Then the rate for Premium Adsense owners & regular is different.

We are at the low end but truthfully no one knows...

There still are lots of markets that You can throw the money at Google but there's still not enough usage yet, these markets are making the growth.

Frank is a big player, maybe he knows, but he had been whining (crude word, sorry) on PPC recently, if you read his posts on forums.

Olney
30th April 2007, 06:11 AM
I'm getting some pretty good experience in seeing what Advertisers spend lately & truthfully an ad network for domains is actually cheaper than Google, & the owners would make more... The US market is really developed in PPC, a lot of big advertisers opt out of the content network... The big buys gripes are correct, I do think we get about at least 30% though..

burnsinternet
30th April 2007, 06:26 AM
while you are all still bitching about the price of fish...

I just dug up

千.jp means "1000". all of these single character number representations have long gone across the board.., cute little 10k ovt for this puppy

and I just made a personal milestone. I just bagged a financial Japanese .com where Digirock hold only the .net - maybe it was once variant blocked at some stage - buy hey, makes a nice change

** sit up and take note guys, I know there are a number of you who are sitting on .nets where the .com is now open - get organised FFS **

I just checked all my dot nets (and all non-dot-com). Nothing opened up. Care to share any, Alpha? ;)

alpha
30th April 2007, 06:33 AM
I just checked all my dot nets (and all non-dot-com). Nothing opened up. Care to share any, Alpha? ;)
Nope. I'm giving you guys notice and advice to audit your portfolios, if you can't be arsed I'll mop up. ;).
A certain someone who recently had a bunch of .nets for sale should pay particular attention.

touchring
30th April 2007, 06:45 AM
Nope. I'm giving you guys notice and advice to audit your portfolios, if you can't be arsed I'll mop up.
A certain someone who recently had a bunch of .nets for sale should pay particular attention.

:(

Spent half hr, can't find anything, must be a one-time lucky drop that ca121s did not notice. :o

burnsinternet
30th April 2007, 06:48 AM
Yeah, I chased my tail for a while, too. Thanks, Alpha. :-p

alpha
30th April 2007, 07:14 AM
Yeah, I chased my tail for a while, too. Thanks, Alpha. :-p

my pleasure :)

it was entertaining watching everyone pile into the "blocked and reserved terms" thread though. LOL

burnsinternet
30th April 2007, 07:21 AM
*shakes fist*

No free Panda porn for you!

Fka200
30th April 2007, 07:26 AM
If there is a firewall in China, and due to recent discussions about parking programs, then wouldn't it be the same to just develop? You know, if the firewall blocks Sedo.... might as well just put a site on it since it's the same thing. Or is that just stupid? Especially when I don't know Chinese...?

Time for bed. To much thinking.

domainguru
1st May 2007, 10:33 PM
Thai portfolio: $66 on 7899 views and 2002 clicks

The number of clicks is a record, income and views aren't. Average click value is $0.03

Rubber Duck
1st May 2007, 10:38 PM
my pleasure :)

it was entertaining watching everyone pile into the "blocked and reserved terms" thread though. LOL

You need to get a hobby ;)

rhys
1st May 2007, 10:54 PM

The number of clicks is a record, income and views aren't. Average click value is $0.03

I would expect that you have quite the rockin' thai portfolio domainguru. Oddly my best performer last month was a .net domain. หาคู่.net with 191 views and 119 clicks. Dictionary says it translates to "to seek a mate".

domainguru
1st May 2007, 11:00 PM
I would expect that you have quite the rockin' thai portfolio domainguru. Oddly my best performer last month was a .net domain. หาคู่.net with 191 views and 119 clicks. Dictionary says it translates to "to seek a mate".

Coincidentally we have the .com and it did well as well last month. So well I tried it out on asianfriendfinder.com, and it made $40 from 400 "unique IPs" (as they call it).

As usual though, verifiably search engine traffic, not type-ins :)

The .com is currently #6 at google.com and the .net is #11. Shame very few Thais actually access google.com :p

mdw
2nd May 2007, 12:50 AM

Interesting to get some data to chew on, thanks for sharing that :)

My totals are smaller, but there are some interesting differences. Average per click has been between 0.06 and 0.10 all year, so that click value of $0.03 sounds low. Was this data from namedrive or mixed with other parking sites? [mine is all ND]

Also I'd be interested to hear what kind of clickthru rates you're getting - my CTR has been steady around 15% to 16% this year (not sure if thats good or not for Thai - but does not sound great to me)

domainguru
2nd May 2007, 01:01 AM
Interesting to get some data to chew on, thanks for sharing that :)

My totals are smaller, but there are some interesting differences. Average per click has been between 0.06 and 0.10 all year, so that click value of $0.03 sounds low. Was this data from namedrive or mixed with other parking sites? [mine is all ND]

Also I'd be interested to hear what kind of clickthru rates you're getting - my CTR has been steady around 15% to 16% this year (not sure if thats good or not for Thai - but does not sound great to me)

Yes all the figures quoted are from ND.

I don't have any sectors with an average PPC above 0.05, the typical rate is 0.04 or 0.03. Not sure why they are paying you more :)

CTR varies per sector but is typically 15% to 40%, so RPM varies from $5 to $20, but overall, is around $10.

So looks like I am getting more clicks but less amounts per click - swings and roundabouts - RPM is the only thing that matters in the end I guess.

mdw
2nd May 2007, 03:07 AM
Absolutely all of my numbers seem to be all over the map - consistently so. Pretty hard to draw conclusions and feel confident about them.

My travel and tourism category has 34.1% CTR, but my "misc" big catchall category gets a terrible 7.5%. My avg click for all categories is consistent 6-10 cents. But some categories are getting almost no traffic from Asia so I don't feel like the data is reliable. 2 pinches of salt required.

chrisofmel
2nd May 2007, 05:30 AM
my namedrive stats for april views 5456 clicks 843 ctr 15.43% reveue $71.44

thegenius1
2nd May 2007, 05:34 AM

I have slightly less views , over 500 more click and have made 10 times that via adsesne in april. PM me for development prices. IDNtemplates.com will be open shortly only for members that have joined IDNF before may 1st of 007 everyone else is considered locked out. As this forum should be shut down any time now.

mdw
2nd May 2007, 05:48 AM

Was that your Thai domains offerred for comparison? Or all NameDrive?

chrisofmel
2nd May 2007, 06:01 AM
No all my domains are in one folder, russian was best, followed by thai then arabic. the japanese names rarely get traffic but i did have one get a $1.41 click. also i have quit a few more russian names then thai or arabic.