PDA

View Full Version : What is your best domain name?

brianluedke
28th April 2007, 06:40 PM
What is your best domain name?

Mine might be LaSemaine.com, which means "The Week" in French. Perfect for a news site.

PLEASE IGNORE. ACCIDENTAL DUPLICATE THREAD

thegenius1
28th April 2007, 07:10 PM
I just want to get another ad location as im sure this will be another highly viewed thread :p Will add some domains later

blastfromthepast
28th April 2007, 07:22 PM
Too good to post.

Rubber Duck
28th April 2007, 07:26 PM
What is your best domain name?

Mine might be LaSemaine.com, which means "The Week" in French. Perfect for a news site.

PLEASE IGNORE. ACCIDENTAL DUPLICATE THREAD

Well I have lemarché.com but I wouldn't rate it my top 1000!

mulligan
28th April 2007, 07:39 PM
edit

thegenius1
28th April 2007, 07:41 PM
You are gonna get banned from adsense doing this ...

[/LIST]

Shyt they aint banning me please remove the quote thanks

Fka200
28th April 2007, 08:05 PM
Shyt they aint banning me please remove the quote thanks

Not True! With referrals you ARE allowed to SALES PITCH.

You are just not allowed to tell people you are making money through it and force them to sign up. It should be legit.

https://www.google.com/adsense/support/bin/answer.py?answer=43870&sourceid=aso&subid=ww-en-et-WebmasterWorld_referrals_tip&medium=et

brianluedke_AKA_GoatRider
28th April 2007, 08:16 PM
ForestGumpMeetsUncleFester.com is probably my best, but I also own ILiveUnderKingKongsSweatyNutSack.com.

mulligan
28th April 2007, 08:21 PM
Actively endorse the products you refer. Unlike with AdSense for content ads, we encourage you to endorse referral products by calling attention to the button or text link. If you believe in the quality of the product that you're referring, feel free to let your users know! Of course, in line with our policies, you may not click your own ads nor encourage conversions for deceitful reasons.

I would assume you can endorse them on your own site rather than on another site?

And who knows what they mean by "deceitful reasons"

Drewbert
28th April 2007, 10:40 PM
ForestGumpMeetsUncleFester.com is probably my best, but I also own ILiveUnderKingKongsSweatyNutSack.com.

I thought I recognised you.

hanidn
29th April 2007, 12:58 AM
abc.com in korean.

Drewbert
29th April 2007, 03:12 AM
abc.com in korean.

Good to see you back. You've been away too long.

Any news on the Korean IDN front?

hanidn
29th April 2007, 03:45 AM
Good to see you back. You've been away too long.

Any news on the Korean IDN front?

Hi.. and thank you.

We have been waiting for new MS browser auto update for many years..
And, so many (I mean so many) small and med sized companies use Korean IDNs on and off_line now.

Expecting that major corps. like Fortune magazine ranked companies use IDNs in their commercials sometime in next year.
We guess these mass media ads can only be a trigger of the IDN traffic's pop up.

So, the people in Korea believe that little more than one year waiting is ahead to harvest the juicy fruits.

Thank you and good luck to you all.

clipper
29th April 2007, 06:05 AM
I admit, it's an ASCII:

fartingguy.com

jacksonm
29th April 2007, 11:20 AM
RingAroundUranus.com

baobaojang
29th April 2007, 11:30 AM
chinese IDN---老婆.com (wife.com, wives.com) :)

bwhhisc
29th April 2007, 11:37 AM
Hi.. and thank you.

We have been waiting for new MS browser auto update for many years..
And, so many (I mean so many) small and med sized companies use Korean IDNs on and off_line now.

Expecting that major corps. like Fortune magazine ranked companies use IDNs in their commercials sometime in next year.
We guess these mass media ads can only be a trigger of the IDN traffic's pop up.

So, the people in Korea believe that little more than one year waiting is ahead to harvest the juicy fruits.

Thank you and good luck to you all.

Good assessment, seems to be in line with what will probably be the timetable for most of Asia. Thanks for the update.

jacksonm
29th April 2007, 12:26 PM

Hi,
What do you mean by "off_line"? Intranets?

hanidn
29th April 2007, 12:58 PM
Hi,
What do you mean by "off_line"? Intranets?

online business and offline business.

Rubber Duck
29th April 2007, 01:07 PM
online business and offline business.

I think he means branding on shop fronts, van sides, company letterhead etc.

hanidn
29th April 2007, 01:14 PM
I think he means branding on shop fronts, van sides, company letterhead etc.

You correct it. thank you.

brianluedke
29th April 2007, 04:47 PM
abc.com in korean.

Thanks. It's good to see someone here is actually interested in talking about domain names.

chinese IDN---老婆.com (wife.com, wives.com) :)

Men and women, stand up in respect.

This is what I'm talking about. Instead of buying thousands of three-word combinations, spend your energy trying to get these perfect one-word major concentrations of power.

Better to get one name that packs a massive punch than to try to cast your net wide with three-word combinations and ridiculous .TV names.

I still think IDN.IDN will eventually blow a major hole in this speculation for the Asian market, but the growth is such that this name will net massive cash in any case.

rhys
29th April 2007, 05:22 PM
Boy that is a tough question. I have good IDNs that bring in lots of revenue. I have some "great" IDNs that I'm challenged as to what to do with immediately. So best is definitely a judgement call.

Personally I like 熟女.jp which has over 1 million ovt on yahoo.jp. It's short, memorable, and translates loosely in Japanese as "milf" (don't bother looking for the .com/.net/.tv/.biz all gone).

But if I look over the portfolio there are several more I really favor.

I still think IDN.IDN will eventually blow a major hole in this speculation for the Asian market, but the growth is such that this name will net massive cash in any case.

Unless you know something about DNAME implementation that the rest of us don't I wish you would stop propogating this ignorant rant of yours. If you do know something that is not in the public domain already then please share it with us. Otherwise just sit back and learn something.

bwhhisc
29th April 2007, 05:32 PM
Thanks. It's good to see someone here is actually interested in talking about domain names.

This is what I'm talking about. Instead of buying thousands of three-word combinations, spend your energy trying to get these perfect one-word major concentrations of power.

Brian!!!

Top one word .com domains is exactly what (nearly all) of the people here are holding in IDNs. What you see for sale lately in this forum are the cast offs, mistakes, and drops for the most part.

The group here at IDNF probably collectively hold easily in excess of 50,000 IDNs by most estimates. That includes the top 1,000 .com cities for all major countries and languages, and probably 25% of the "major" 1 word .coms if you span all the more popular languages.
If you check the "who is" you will catch on quickly to the who's who of top IDNers.

A few of the people here have been holding their IDNs since 2001...stuff like cars.com, golf.com, realestate.com, travel.com, dictiionary.com etc. etc. Many others have been reging since 2004 and 2005 when the field was pretty wide open. There are at least 15 members here with portfolios of in excess of 2,000 names...mostly .com 1 word generics. There are probably a half dozen that have upwards of 5,000+ names, not all are public members here on that count.

brianluedke
29th April 2007, 05:36 PM
Boy that is a tough question. I have good IDNs that bring in lots of revenue. I have some "great" IDNs that I'm challenged as to what to do with immediately. So best is definitely a judgement call.

Personally I like 熟女.jp which has over 1 million ovt on yahoo.jp. It's short, memorable, and translates loosely in Japanese as "milf" (don't bother looking for the .com/.net/.tv/.biz all gone).

But if I look over the portfolio there are several more I really favor.

Unless you know something about DNAME implementation that the rest of us don't I wish you would stop propogating this ignorant rant of yours. If you do know something that is not in the public domain already then please share it with us. Otherwise just sit back and learn something.

But I thought most of you already agreed that IDN.IDN is on the way?

OK, I wasn't really serious about the whole amateur thing anyway.

Brian!!!

Top one word .com domains is exactly what (nearly all) of the people here are holding in IDNs. What you see for sale lately in this forum are the cast offs, mistakes, and drops for the most part.

The group here at IDNF probably collectively hold easily in excess of 50,000 IDNs by most estimates. That includes the top 1,000 .com cities for all major countries and languages, and probably 25% - 50% of the "major" 1 word .coms if you span all the more popular languages. If you check the "who is" you will catch on quickly to the who's who of top IDNs.

A few of the people here have been holding their IDNs since 2001...stuff like cars.com, golf.com, realestate.com, travel.com, dictiionary.com etc. etc. Many others have been reging since 2004 and 2005. There are at least 15 members here with portfolios of in excess of 2,000 names...mostly .com 1 word generics.

rhys
29th April 2007, 05:41 PM
It's not whether it comes or not. It will come. It is how the coming of IDN.IDN will be executed that matters. If it happens one way, all holders of IDN.ASCII will win big. If it happens another way, all holders of IDN.ASCII will have to scramble as you assert.

I don't mind being an amateur I just want a resolution on the DNAME thing.

Rubber Duck
29th April 2007, 06:05 PM
I haven't seen anything to show that there is a problem.

There is a lot of work going on at ICANN that is not coming clearly to the public light.
I intend to open a new ICANN Watch section at DNlocal, so people can access the available info more easily.

bwhhisc
29th April 2007, 06:08 PM

Most here, self included are amateurs and speculators.

Ironically, that was one thing you DID get right.