PDA

View Full Version : Got some stats - wanna compare?

sarcle
29th April 2007, 11:36 PM
Okay so I've been away for awhile. Found out I couldn't spend all day on the forums and chat and develop at the same time. So I've been developing for the last month and here's just "one" of the sites and some interesting stats for this month of April. This is for a japanese site.

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/2029/japanesestatsqm5.jpg

Again, development is the key right now for financial stability in IDN.

Most of my sites are in the 60-80% CTR on PPC with a hosted site also.

Those thinking of pumping and dumping for a few dollars are missing out on the bigger picture. Much bigger picture.

Just thought I'd share some stats and what I've been up to lately.

Sorry for being out and about.

Anyone with questions feel free to shoot. I'll be happy to answer them. From what I've learned. (All except for which sites get what) :) Don't need jealous eye wanders clicking my ppc over and over getting me banned.

Adam

thegenius1
29th April 2007, 11:55 PM
Those thinking of pumping and dumping for a few dollars are missing out on the bigger picture. Much bigger picture.

Just thought I'd share some stats and what I've been up to lately.

Don't need jealous eye wanders clicking my ppc over and over getting me banned.

I say this should go in the premium park , and people should continue to pump and dump so that those that are in the know can attempt to own the world ;) .

Also about the jealous eyes comment how can that be prevented , i assume just monitoring your clicks and reporting anything suspicious

Rubber Duck
29th April 2007, 11:58 PM
Do you have an Alexa Rank for that one by any chance?

seamo
30th April 2007, 12:02 AM
I say this should go in the premium park , and people should continue to pump and dump so that those that are in the know can attempt to own the world ;) .

Moved to The Park.

More likely to get input from members with the benefit of a little privacy...

Rubber Duck
30th April 2007, 12:09 AM
Moved to The Park.

More likely to get input from members with the benefit of a little privacy...

But much less likely to get you buyers for your Auctions perhaps?

Also about the jealous eyes comment how can that be prevented , i assume just monitoring your clicks and reporting anything suspicious

Genius you come up with some daft ideas but that has to take the biscuit. Or are you worried about the competition in the dot JPs?

And did any of you ask the post originator his views on getting this moved?

seamo
30th April 2007, 12:33 AM
But much less likely to get you buyers for your Auctions perhaps?
Point taken - though they are pretty much dead in the water anyway..

And did any of you ask the post originator his views on getting this moved?

I didn't - my apologies to Adam. I may have been to eager to perform my mod duties here :rolleyes:

It can be put back into the public area with a mouse click though.

If the consensus is that's where this belongs - that's where it'll go.

Rubber Duck
30th April 2007, 12:38 AM
Well, my personal view is that the thread originator should always be consulted before his post is moved. Maybe Adam would agree with you, but unless you check, the presumption should be that he knew his own intentions.

Point taken - though they are pretty much dead in the water anyway..

I didn't - my apologies to Adam. I may have been to eager to perform my mod duties here :rolleyes:

It can be put back into the public area with a mouse click though.

If the consensus is that's where this belongs - that's where it'll go.

mulligan
30th April 2007, 12:43 AM
Guys, why are we hiding this information away?
If anything it should be visible to anyone who drops by, even guests ... how will we ever move forward if we don't show that IDN's are actually viable

seamo
30th April 2007, 12:47 AM
If anything it should be visible to anyone who drops by, even guests ... how will we ever move forward if we don't show that IDN's are actually viable
Agreed.

Thread returned to General Discussion.

Apologies to Adam for acting a little hastily.

thegenius1
30th April 2007, 12:52 AM

I will repeat again those in the Know are in the Know , Move forward as in what ? Keep the lid on so we can buy the world :)

Genius you come up with some daft ideas but that has to take the biscuit. Or are you worried about the competition in the dot JPs?

Daft LMAO ! Me worry Never , prett well positioned .. Me wanting to own the world well who doesn't :p

sarcle
30th April 2007, 01:16 AM
Do you have an Alexa Rank for that one by any chance?

Yes, but it is very weak. I've ascii.com's with much much higher alexa than this site in particular that have much less traffic. Alexa stats are crap, when comparing foriegn traffic they are basically meaningless.

Apologies to Adam for acting a little hastily.

No worries. I posted it where I did to get some attention from the "lurkers." Idns can be very profitable even with low type-in's and get a GREAT amount of traffic from just a little SEO.

As far as selling goes I'm pretty much done. Unless I just get an obscene offer that I can't pass up. Note: This site in particular is not for sale. :)

From what I've seen from just hosting plain sites (basic info - wiki stuff) and linking a few together the search engines are very very kind to IDN.

mulligan
30th April 2007, 01:22 AM
Heres some numbers from the last 5 or so days from one of my sites (It was down for about a day and a half or so)

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/3036/28833690hh5.png
http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/707/39047613pq9.png

sarcle
30th April 2007, 01:25 AM
Nice add mulligan. Please everyone contribute. Those that have some hosted sites. What kind of CTR are you seeing?

thegenius1
30th April 2007, 01:30 AM
Please everyone contribute.

IDN"S are are not that Lucrative :)

sarcle
30th April 2007, 02:02 AM
IDN"S are are not that Lucrative :)

Sorry man, it was going to have to happen sooner or later that we got some substantial stats posted and get a group effort to see exactly where we are on IE7 browser progression.

It seems to be happening a little sooner than I expected given Microsoft's painfully slow release. The rise in use of IE7 that is.

I've been pmed about this this is a .com site. I personally haven't noticed a difference in .com or .jp rankings. It's all in the seo. I have .coms ranked right up in the first page on a page full of .jps.

I've focused mainly on Japanese building because that's where the majority of my IDNs are. Plus my latin idns do just fine parked for now.

I am looking to branch out, but looking to over come a few hurdles for the different regions, russia and yandex, chinese and firewall, arabic and lack of info to build. If anyone has overcome some of these challenges please feel free to post some insight.

bwhhisc
30th April 2007, 02:02 AM
What's the revenue off these sites if you care to share that.

Also, do you have staying power. Others have reported a spike once the search engines pick them up, but then a drop off shortly after.

thegenius1
30th April 2007, 02:10 AM
Sorry man, it was going to have to happen sooner or later that we got some substantial stats posted and get a group effort to see exactly where we are on IE7 browser progression.

Understood but IMO it should be in the premium park as that is where we can share this info in more of a private setting. Almost everyone that has posted so far in this thread is premium and the others are getting free info and may not even have stats to share , i could be wrong

The game plan is simple (duck may see it as daft.. who cares ) Those that cant monetize there names will end up dropping them by the boat loads (hopefully) , those that have good cash flow will be there with buckets to "take over the world'.

sarcle
30th April 2007, 02:17 AM
What's the revenue off these sites if you care to share that.

Also, do you have staying power. Others have reported a spike once the search engines pick them up, but then a drop off shortly after.

I have had sites take 3 months to get ranked. I've had sites that take a few days. Then there is the dance that the se's do; first page on day 5th the next. But once everything calms down all my sites are sitting where they have been sitting for the past month in the se's. I'll get the traffic info posted shortly. Just thought I'd do browser stats first.

This site in particular I don't care to share publicly about it's rev.

But I have many with 10-20 in ppc rev. a day.

rhys
30th April 2007, 02:24 AM
Genius, I share your aspirations but I tend to agree with the other side on this one. IDNs deserve validation from the ignorant and the stupid. Besides, anyone who reads this blog is unlikely to be a big threat. If you have seen what I have seen on Japanese SEO blog sites, the natives are on to this already. It won't be long now before the competition gets steep IMO.

bwhhisc
30th April 2007, 02:25 AM
I have had sites take 3 months to get ranked. I've had sites that take a few days. Then there is the dance that the se's do; first page on day 5th the next. But once everything calms down all my sites are sitting where they have been sitting for the past month in the se's. I'll get the traffic info posted shortly. Just thought I'd do browser stats first.
This site in particular I don't care to share publicly about it's rev.
But I have many with 10-20 in ppc rev. a day.

Are these mini-sites, or are you doing multiple pages with substantial content?

sarcle
30th April 2007, 02:27 AM
Are these mini-sites, or are you doing multiple pages with substantial content?
Plain old run of the mill wiki info. Nothing fancy. At least 3 pages to comply with Googles TOS but nothing new, nothing revolutionary. It's all in the links and keywords.

Fka200
30th April 2007, 02:32 AM
Hrm. The Chinese firewall thing is interesting. So should we not develop Chinese IDNs right now? Focus on others?

sarcle
30th April 2007, 02:34 AM
Hrm. The Chinese firewall thing is interesting. So should we not develop Chinese IDNs right now? Focus on others?

That's what I'd like to know. Personally I haven't attempted to build a simplified chinese site. I'd like to hear from someone that has and how it's gone.

touchring
30th April 2007, 03:24 AM
I am looking to branch out, but looking to over come a few hurdles for the different regions, russia and yandex, chinese and firewall, arabic and lack of info to build. If anyone has overcome some of these challenges please feel free to post some insight.

Congrats for nice stats. :)

AS for Latins, they are very difficult to Google rank. Development won't improve PPC very significantly, 3 to 4 times parking for most cases.

I guess for Yahoo, the Japanese are just too obedient to come out with minisites like we do - i've seen very few native done minisites. Most adsense sites are full fledged content sites.

Here's a niche we can exploit until they sit up and say - hey! we got to start doing some gaijin weeding work. :p

Olney
30th April 2007, 04:14 AM
Thanks for adding the info Sarcle,
Can I know which stats program you use.
The reason I ask is because it's marking your traffic as "hits"
For a webmaster this means anything that is grabbed by the browser.

This is why I recommend Analytics, it measures by
Unique users
Page views

If it's software on your server, you have to look at uniques & page views, not hits...

But either way it looks like you have good traffic...

What's the average page views & daily uniques?

I completely understand about having development time..

alpha
30th April 2007, 04:23 AM
Adam, good to see you back again, if only temporarily - and more importantly it's good to see you've been putting your time to good use instead of turning up and posting BS everday and moaning about everything under the sun.

kudos dude!

Fka200
30th April 2007, 04:26 AM
Adam, good to see you back again, if only temporarily - and more importantly it's good to see you've been putting your time to good use instead of turning up and posting BS everday and moaning about everything under the sun.

kudos dude!

So when is DNAME going to be implemented already?!!?!?!?!?

LOL. Seriously, since this post I have finally developed a Japanese IDN. I developed one before but the fish weren't biting + it was a REAL crappy development. I'm actually happy about this one!

sarcle
30th April 2007, 04:12 PM
If it's software on your server, you have to look at uniques & page views, not hits...

Yes, these are browser stats not uniques. I wanted to help gauge where we are on IE7 adoption, as that to me, is more important than showing my uniques. Although I will get a screenshot of that and post it too.

I am using Cpanel.

it's good to see you've been putting your time to good use instead of turning up and posting BS everday and moaning about everything under the sun.

kudos dude!

I know, it's WAY to easy to just get on and go off all day! :)

Don't worry I may find something yet that I'll bitch about as I'm going through the threads I missed. Please point me in the right direction.

thegenius1
30th April 2007, 08:05 PM
Genius, I share your aspirations but I tend to agree with the other side on this one. IDNs deserve validation from the ignorant and the stupid. Besides, anyone who reads this blog is unlikely to be a big threat. If you have seen what I have seen on Japanese SEO blog sites, the natives are on to this already. It won't be long now before the competition gets steep IMO.

Are these folks on these jp seo blogs pissed ?

rhys
1st May 2007, 12:04 AM
Are these folks on these jp seo blogs pissed ?

Not that I have seen. It isn't about nationalism, it's about the SEO opportunity. The buzz about the benefits of IDN on the Y search engine is getting out there.

thegenius1
1st May 2007, 12:31 AM
Not that I have seen. It isn't about nationalism, it's about the SEO opportunity. The buzz about the benefits of IDN on the Y search engine is getting out there.

Yea i was wondering if it was one or the other , or just both. They could be pissed that they missed alot of names.

Because I would be highly pissed or dam near want to kill myself if i was a domainer or seo expert and " English Domains" where quote on quote "new" and i missed the boat on them .

rhys
1st May 2007, 01:27 AM
Yea i was wondering if it was one or the other , or just both. They could be pissed that they missed alot of names.

Because I would be highly pissed or dam near want to kill myself if i was a domainer or seo expert and " English Domains" where quote on quote "new" and i missed the boat on them .

Well they don't appear to be aware of what "type-ins" are really. So they don't consider themselves as missing the boat. There have been comments on how all the single words are wiped clean but just as often remark that lots of great combos remain for them to reg. Remember they are only thinking about SEO value. They don't necessarily think about future type-in value of the domains. It's a pretty alien idea to most I think.

mulligan
1st May 2007, 09:20 AM
Well they don't appear to be aware of what "type-ins" are really. So they don't consider themselves as missing the boat. There have been comments on how all the single words are wiped clean but just as often remark that lots of great combos remain for them to reg. Remember they are only thinking about SEO value. They don't necessarily think about future type-in value of the domains. It's a pretty alien idea to most I think.

Can you post some links to Japanese blogs or forums that are Japan SEO/IDN specific?