PDA

View Full Version : SEDO and Domains

Fka200
29th April 2007, 11:51 PM
OK,

I'm having a bit of an annoying problem. I started parking a LOT of my domains @ Sedo... Great. Most of them work fine and have the little check next to them. The problem is, some of them have the red exclamation mark near them. I check out the site, and everything is fine. Why?

Sedo reps don't ever respond to my e-mails so I figured I might as well ask here. Has anyone ever had this problem?? It's really frustrating having probably 50-80 domains with exclamation marks.

Charrua
30th April 2007, 12:09 AM
OK,

I'm having a bit of an annoying problem. I started parking a LOT of my domains @ Sedo... Great. Most of them work fine and have the little check next to them. The problem is, some of them have the red exclamation mark near them. I check out the site, and everything is fine. Why?

Sedo reps don't ever respond to my e-mails so I figured I might as well ask here. Has anyone ever had this problem?? It's really frustrating having probably 50-80 domains with exclamation marks.

Click on the red exclamation mark or just put the pointer of the mouse over the sign, just try that and see.

Fka200
30th April 2007, 12:20 AM
Click on the red exclamation mark or just put the pointer of the mouse over the sign, just try that and see.

Here's one example:

中华人民共和国.biz

When I click the exclamation:

This domain is not for sale and is not parked. Please check your settings.

http://www.中�人民共和国.biz

But if you go to the site, it is working fine. No disclaimer at the bottom saying there is a problem... This is happening with a lot so it matters to me that they work and there are some of which I consider important to my portfolio (and really curious to see stats). Not wanting to work, I guess. I won't send them back to ND if my life depended on it!

Wot
30th April 2007, 12:44 AM
I think you will find is that Sedo do not know how to deal with asian idn so they simply say "not for sale" and that avoids them having to find out more about something they could have, and should have been the leader in.

Try Afternic , they at least offer a reasonable IDN service. And have had some sales!

Fka200
30th April 2007, 12:51 AM
I think you will find is that Sedo do not know how to deal with asian idn so they simply say "not for sale" and that avoids them having to find out more about something they could have, and should have been the leader in.

Try Afternic , they at least offer a reasonable IDN service.

Problem is this is happening across different languages... not just Asian.

Hilarious. After I posted this that .biz domain started getting a check mark next to it. Wtf.